Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What r these?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jcambo7
So I found these in my car. Can't figure out what exactly they are. Help please on what they r and where they go.
Here's a couple of pics.
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
jonferns
Well, looks like we have some sort of bushings here. Beyond that I can't be of much help, but they look familiar and im also curious.
Wes V
My guess would be that they are the parts required to rebuild a pedal assembly.

Wes
cwpeden
Pedal cluster bushing set. The roll pin is for the clutch pedal.
jcambo7
QUOTE(cwpeden @ Apr 25 2009, 09:45 PM) *

Pedal cluster bushing set. The roll pin is for the clutch pedal.

Thanks every one. drunk.gif beerchug.gif
cwpeden
You may want to do a search on the cluster rebuild. I know there is one on Pelican and there must be one here.

There have been many solutions to the roll pin removal problem, cause it can be a @!%$!$@#$! sometimes.

Just dont be tempted by the 'bigger hammer' solution too fast.
jcambo7
QUOTE(cwpeden @ Apr 25 2009, 09:53 PM) *

You may want to do a search on the cluster rebuild. I know there is one on Pelican and there must be one here.

There have been many solutions to the roll pin removal problem, cause it can be a @!%$!$@#$! sometimes.

Thanks for the info. I dont c any reason to replace them right now. The pedals all seem to be moving just fine.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(jcambo7 @ Apr 25 2009, 07:08 PM) *

Thanks for the info. I dont c any reason to replace them right now. The pedals all seem to be moving just fine.

Still, it is suspicious that you would have a peddle rebuild kit in the car if it didn't need it. Do two simple tests. Push the brake peddle down and make sure it freely returns and, pull up the carpet and look for brake fluid in the area of the peddle cluster. It will look wet. Ever notice your brake lights on when you are not pushing on the brake peddle? It could be that the PO bought the rebuild parts and then decided that just buying a rebuilt cluster from Bruce Stone was easier.
Cap'n Krusty
This is e-mail. You're allowed to spell out words, even 3 letter ones ...........

The Cap'n
jcambo7
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Apr 26 2009, 08:14 AM) *

QUOTE(jcambo7 @ Apr 25 2009, 07:08 PM) *

Still, it is suspicious that you would have a peddle rebuild kit in the car if it didn't need it. Do two simple tests. Push the brake peddle down and make sure it freely returns and, pull up the carpet and look for brake fluid in the area of the peddle cluster. It will look wet. Ever notice your brake lights on when you are not pushing on the brake peddle? It could be that the PO bought the rebuild parts and then decided that just buying a rebuilt cluster from Bruce Stone was easier.

Brake pedal travel is fine, no brake fluid on the floor, and brake lights only come on when pressure is applied to brakes.
jcambo7
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Apr 26 2009, 09:37 AM) *

This is e-mail. You're allowed to spell out words, even 3 letter ones ...........

The Cap'n

av-943.gif
Oh...I thought this was a forum...and I didn't realize their is a rule on english here poke.gif lol-2.gif
CliffBraun
QUOTE(jcambo7 @ Apr 26 2009, 08:11 AM) *

QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Apr 26 2009, 09:37 AM) *

The Cap'n

av-943.gif
Oh...I thought this was a forum...and I didn't realize their is a rule on english here poke.gif lol-2.gif

Well, this is a forum, there aren't rules on english here, but it's best not to make people's eyes bleed when they read your post.
MDG
If you do end up re-building the pedal cluster, there's an excellent write up in the Classics by Eric Shea. I used it as reference when I did mine last week - easy peasy.
jcambo7
QUOTE(MDG @ Apr 26 2009, 12:37 PM) *

If you do end up re-building the pedal cluster, there's an excellent write up in the Classics by Eric Shea. I used it as reference when I did mine last week - easy peasy.

Thanks for the info. I will remember to look it up if and when I do replace them. Appreciate it.
McMark
Throw that roll pin in the trash, NOW!!!
jcambo7
QUOTE(McMark @ Apr 26 2009, 01:26 PM) *

Um...just wondering why? confused24.gif
Rav914
QUOTE(McMark @ Apr 26 2009, 11:26 AM) *

Gospel. Doesn't fit!
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(Rav914 @ Apr 26 2009, 01:28 PM) *

QUOTE(McMark @ Apr 26 2009, 11:26 AM) *

Gospel. Doesn't fit!

Oh? I've never had a "fit" problem with the replacement pins. Of course, I've only been working on 914s on a regular basis for 36 years ..........................

The Cap'n
McMark
That pin is a C shape. The stock roll pin is rolled over and over for strength. Those 'C' roll pins can shear after use and leave you stranded. Some of the kits (newer? different manufacturer?) have a rolled pin which is suitable. Yours is clearly not.
sww914
OW!
My eyes are bleeding...
mad.gif
jcambo7
QUOTE(sww914 @ Apr 26 2009, 08:25 PM) *

OW!
My eyes are bleeding...
mad.gif

av-943.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.