Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Urgent! need help 1.8 l-jet
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jsayre914
I got to baltimore barley, i lost all power and found that cylendr left front was not firing at all, pull the wire no change in rpm.

1) i checked for spark and the wire has spark shooting out at plug side

2) i checked the plug, it was bone dry.

3) i pulled the injector harness off and checkd that there was a pulse.

4) i figure this injector just quit....

I checked my stash of parts and i have a good injector from a 1.7 (yellow top)
I was thinking to slap this in place of the baje 1.8 injector. The engine is a 1.8 l-jet. I dont want to damage the resistor pack or anything eles.... i just want to get the car home 60miles to pa. car runs pretty good on three cylenders.

can i use the yellow injector and not f%^* up anything ????

please advise

confused24.gif chair.gif
Cap'n Krusty
No, you can't. The Cap'n
brant
the 1.7 (djet) and 1.8 (ljet) injectors work differently.
not interchangeable
I believe it is the difference in Flow Rates that make them unique??

Ken
brant
the Djet injectors open and close for specific amounts of time
this is calibrated by the injection points in the lower distributor and thus changes with rpm

I thought (could be wrong) that the Ljet injectors work differently
aren't they similar to CIS injectors?

I know you would not have injection points to open the injector on Ljet system. My guess is that if you install a 1.7injector, it never opens and NO FUEL at all flows though it... perhaps I'm wrong. another alternative could be that the ljet computer opens the 1.7 injector and it never closes? (tons and tons of fuel)

the systems work differently
I don't think I would try any mix and matching
if you must drive it 60 miles, it would be better to pull the spark plug wire and drive it on a dry cyclinder than it would to put the wrong injector in

brant
davesprinkle
QUOTE(brant @ May 7 2009, 11:29 AM) *

the Djet injectors open and close for specific amounts of time
this is calibrated by the injection points in the lower distributor and thus changes with rpm

I thought (could be wrong) that the Ljet injectors work differently
aren't they similar to CIS injectors?

I know you would not have injection points to open the injector on Ljet system. My guess is that if you install a 1.7injector, it never opens and NO FUEL at all flows though it... perhaps I'm wrong. another alternative could be that the ljet computer opens the 1.7 injector and it never closes? (tons and tons of fuel)

the systems work differently
I don't think I would try any mix and matching
if you must drive it 60 miles, it would be better to pull the spark plug wire and drive it on a dry cyclinder than it would to put the wrong injector in

brant

Ljet injectors are pulsed. They function like the Djet injectors, not like CIS. Flowrates are different, Ljet and Djet, so they can't be interchanged.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.