Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lets see those brakes!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RiqueMar
Under the tires, with the tires off, or with different colors!

Let's see em guys!
southernmost914
OK!
Steve
Click to view attachment
PeeGreen 914
drunk.gif
RiqueMar
Nice!

More! More!
PRS914-6
About as big as you can stuff under 16" wheels
Click to view attachment
jt914-6
As big as you can sruff under 15" wheels.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
GreatPumpkin
here are mine driving.gif
cobra94563
LOL! ...make sure the parking brake is properly adjusted!
paroxysm
I just finished gringing my front m calipers to fit the rear, and filed my big v's(Volvo) to use as much pad as i can for the front. 16's fit but need a spacer not to rub, oh yea let the flaming begin!
RJMII
QUOTE(paroxysm @ May 11 2009, 10:50 PM) *

I just finished gringing my front m calipers to fit the rear, and filed my big v's(Volvo) to use as much pad as i can for the front. 16's fit but need a spacer not to rub, oh yea let the flaming begin!

That's a stupid idea. chair.gif

You forgot to post a picture of the brakes.
Michael N
Brembo on a LE.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
jonferns
Stock setup, '74 1.8

Click to view attachment
RiqueMar
Anyone have red brakes? Maybe with the rims on?
Downunderman
The Wilwood option
jt914-6
Here's the best one I've got right now........Had the second one and couldn't resist.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
BKLA
boxster fronts

Boxster rears not installed (yet)

Click to view attachment
type2man
QUOTE(jt914-6 @ May 11 2009, 05:28 PM) *

As big as you can sruff under 15" wheels.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

That's badass right there!!!!
jt914-6
Thanks, smilie_pokal.gif

Front calipers are C2's, the rears are C2 Turbo. Rotors are "Carrera" which were "frozen" from Diversified Cryogenics. Using Hawk street & track pads.
Auto_Werks 3.6
JT, Where there any other modifications to the rear to allow the carrera rotors and C2 turbo calipers? I'm waiting on some parts that I bought for the front end of my car, including C2 calipers w/carrera rotors... I'm in the process of figuring out the rear end. I have a spare set of 944 turbo calipers, any idea if these will fit on the rear of the 914?
Cupomeat
QUOTE(Michael N @ May 12 2009, 11:41 AM) *

Can anyone tell me where to get this setup? I am looking for alternative front brakes and don't really want to go with 5 bolt yet.
jt914-6
Auto_Werks 3.6--I got the kit from Powerhaus in Tempe, Az. It came with the calipers machined for the application, billet aluminum caliper adaptors, carrera slotted rotors, "frozen" and using Hawk street & track pads.
With the right adaptors I'm sure the 944 Turbo calipers could work. The front strut had to be modified for the C2 calipers.

Click to view attachment
Marv's3.6six
Brembo GTP Lightweights under NLA HRE311 17" fuchs
Michael N
QUOTE(Cupomeat @ May 13 2009, 09:32 AM) *

QUOTE(Michael N @ May 12 2009, 11:41 AM) *

Brembo on a LE.

Can anyone tell me where to get this setup? I am looking for alternative front brakes and don't really want to go with 5 bolt yet.

Billet hubs from another 914 forum website, 911 SC rotors, and Eric Shea's rebuilt aluminum calipers.

Link to Brembo calipers.
Cupomeat
Thanks I'll go 'cross the tracks to find those hubs.

Just need to decide if I want to remain 4 bolt, or take the leap to 5 bolt.
carr914
Click to view attachment
TC 914-8
Wow there are some nice stopping power out there. Here's what I got. I did rebuild my rears with Eric shea's V caliper kit, I'll post picts of the rears later.
Here's the fronts for now

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.