Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Yet another breather routing question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
neil30076
I did not think about it until now, but on my 1.7 ish dual carb set up - does this vent/vapor lines setup look good? This is how it was when i got the car but engine has been cleaned up a lot since then :-)
SirAndy
QUOTE(neil30076 @ May 11 2009, 04:58 PM) *

does this look good?

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?s=&...t&p=1168296
nycchef
QUOTE(neil30076 @ May 11 2009, 03:58 PM) *

I did not think about it until now, but on my 1.7 ish dual carb set up - does this vent/vapor lines setup look good? This is how it was when i got the car but engine has been cleaned up a lot since then :-)

niel, i left my charcoal filter system unattached. is it necessary for the engine or is this a calirornia emmisions requirement? i know they are tougher out there than here.
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(nycchef @ May 11 2009, 06:50 PM) *

QUOTE(neil30076 @ May 11 2009, 03:58 PM) *

niel, i left my charcoal filter system unattached. is it necessary for the engine or is this a calirornia emmisions requirement? i know they are tougher out there than here.

There's NO reason to leave it off/loose. It's a passive system, preventing much of the raw fuel vapor from the tank from escaping into the atmosphere. Be a good guy, hook it up. One of the immediate advantages to you is a reduction in the raw gas smell in the passenger compartment. The Cap'n
nycchef

There's NO reason to leave it off/loose. It's a passive system, preventing much of the raw fuel vapor from the tank from escaping into the atmosphere. Be a good guy, hook it up. One of the immediate advantages to you is a reduction in the raw gas smell in the passenger compartment. The Cap'n

will do cap"n.. have the nipple on the driver side and the 2 tubes running along the fire wall, also a sort of female connection on the pass side of the fan housing . what goes where?
neil sorry for hijacking your thread flag.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.