Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Offical Howard Dranow Memorial West Coast Ramble Photo Thread
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Elliot Cannon
Jimtab explaining to Mrs. K and Dekman which end you stick your head into.
Elliot Cannon
I think this is Ed Morrow about to drive the Yellow Zonker. Probably faster than I did!!!
Sleepin
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ May 22 2009, 11:43 PM) *

High atop Mt. Wilson. For those of you unfamiliar with the area, Mt. Wilson is home to just about every transmitting antanae in LA.

...and no cell service! WTF.gif
euro911
QUOTE(Sleepin @ May 22 2009, 11:54 PM) *

QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ May 22 2009, 11:43 PM) *

High atop Mt. Wilson. For those of you unfamiliar with the area, Mt. Wilson is home to just about every transmitting antanae in LA.
...and no cell service! WTF.gif
Let me make a suggestion:

If everybody had a couple of fairly inexpensive FRS or FRS-GMRS combination radios the whole group could keep in contact confused24.gif
Mrs. K
Whoa! cheer.gif

Look at this crazy coincidence.................

This pic taken by WordSmith.......(cropped and enlarged by me wink.gif)

Click to view attachment

was taken at the same time I took this pic of Ken from dekman's car! smilie_pokal.gif

Click to view attachment

Great timing WordSmith! driving-girl.gif driving.gif

Lisa
mrs.K.gif

drew365
Wordsmith (Cathy), took a lot of good action shots. Nice work!
euro911
Very cool ... kind of like Ernie and Sleepin shooting simultaneous videos at the 2007 Rt-66 run.

Hey, did anybody take pix at the awards ceremony? ... (like who won what) unsure.gif
TonyAKAVW
I've got a bunch of video of the awards ceremony. Lots of clips, if there is enough interest I can put it together and upload it to youtube
Mrs. K
QUOTE(TonyAKAVW @ May 23 2009, 11:46 PM) *

I've got a bunch of video of the awards ceremony. Lots of clips, if there is enough interest I can put it together and upload it to youtube

I have some stills that I'll try and post sometime this weekend, but I for one, would like to see the videos Tony smile.gif

Lisa
mrs.K.gif
TonyAKAVW
Okay, I'll post the link in the video thread when I get it done.

-Tony
Todd Enlund
For those who may not have looked at the other thread, here's a link to my photos:

http://www.photografik.net/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=7

Too many to post here!
SGB
WHOOO- WHEEEEE!

Oh man, I MUST make it to next years. I see Suzi and the Alien both made it, and those cars have been to Alybee-amey. Mine can make it, too.

Really great pictures- took a while to give each one proper review. It all looked like just a GREAT time.

OK- thanks for the teriffic pictures folks. I really appreciate your going to the effort to post 'em. Those that put this together have really done the deal. good stuff, yes.
siverson
My brother and I took a lot of photos, and some of these are stolen from others' galleries...

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
siverson
100.5 was in the 914 on the freeway on the way to the track. 113.5 is what the 993 recorded on at the track on Saturday (we early went to match the motorcycles).

It was hot!!! I need to get a trailer! (and a hitch for the X3...)
jd66921
Yeah, yeah, I'm late!!

I made it home safely Wednesday night. The drive home wasn't bad.
Going through Indio was VERY hot (105+ huh.gif )! Made it to Quartzite, and
stayed there overnight. Went to El Paso Tuesday. The last day was nice and
cool. I actually drove with the windows closed for the first part of the drive and
opened the driver's window halfway through. Finally opened both on the last leg.

The car was nice and cool for the final day driving.gif . I just kept the speed down
for the rest of the drive to not overheat. I got an honest 33.9 mpg, and 32.6 mpg
on a couple of the legs home (GPS for distance, and careful filling for gas usage).
That's over 500 miles per tankful, quite impressive, except when the light goes on
and there are no gas stations for 40 miles!!

My dogs were happy to see me, even though my neighbor took good care of them.

I had a great time in California, as usual! It was fun to see everyone again. I'm
glad I brought Suzi back out! Hope y'all enjoyed seeing her (gotta put in a little
Texan talk!)...

I've been trying to get caught up here, laundry, built a 914 chair, trying to install
the driving lights I got out there (a story in itself), etc.

If anyone took any decent pics of Suzi running at Willow, can you send me some
high res pictures? I'd appreciate it!!

Thanks particularly to Joe Sharp and the other organizers of this event!! I'll be
back next year!!

Jeff

drew365
QUOTE(jd66921 @ May 24 2009, 03:16 PM) *

Yeah, yeah, I'm late!!

I made it home safely Wednesday night. The drive home wasn't bad.
Going through Indio was VERY hot (105+ huh.gif )! Made it to Quartzite, and
stayed there overnight. Went to El Paso Tuesday. The last day was nice and
cool. I actually drove with the windows closed for the first part of the drive and
opened the driver's window halfway through. Finally opened both on the last leg.

The car was nice and cool for the final day driving.gif . I just kept the speed down
for the rest of the drive to not overheat. I got an honest 33.9 mpg, and 32.6 mpg
on a couple of the legs home (GPS for distance, and careful filling for gas usage).
That's over 500 miles per tankful, quite impressive, except when the light goes on
and there are no gas stations for 40 miles!!

My dogs were happy to see me, even though my neighbor took good care of them.

I had a great time in California, as usual! It was fun to see everyone again. I'm
glad I brought Suzi back out! Hope y'all enjoyed seeing her (gotta put in a little
Texan talk!)...

I've been trying to get caught up here, laundry, built a 914 chair, trying to install
the driving lights I got out there (a story in itself), etc.

If anyone took any decent pics of Suzi running at Willow, can you send me some
high res pictures? I'd appreciate it!!

Thanks particularly to Joe Sharp and the other organizers of this event!! I'll be
back next year!!

Jeff

Jeff; it was a nice little dejevu instructing you in Suzi. Thanks for bringing her all the way from Texas. That's what I call seat time!
yeahmag
A couple of videos from my ghetto in car...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5LbjqGFD58
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opHSDznFFo0
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.