Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Officail Shoot Out thread.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
Pages: 1, 2
6freak
Time to kick some Oregon ass biggrin.gif ..dont think there will be many Cali folks show`n there just plan afeared av-943.gif lmao..wont be long know
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(6freak @ Jul 24 2009, 08:39 AM) *

Time to kick some Oregon ass biggrin.gif ..don't think there will be many Cali folks show`n. They're just plain afraid av-943.gif lmao..wont be long now

dry.gif weird how your grammer and spelling changed... biggrin.gif

You do realise you are classed against Matt and I in the shootout right? poke.gif
6freak
[quote name='Phoenix 914-6GT' date='Jul 24 2009, 10:56 AM' post='1194813']
[quote name='6freak' post='1194786' date='Jul 24 2009, 08:39 AM']
Time to kick some Oregon ass biggrin.gif ..don't think there will be many Cali folks show`n. They're just plain afraid av-943.gif lmao..wont be long now
[/quote]
dry.gif weird how your grammer and spelling changed... biggrin.gif

You do realise you are classed against Matt and I in the shootout right? poke.gif
[/quote

your not gonna run in Modified or whatever the fast guys run in...you pussy. lol-2.gif ..how fun is it to beat all the street cars by 5+ seconds poke.gif afeared was spelled the correct way
PeeGreen 914
My car is a street car. It is not even close to JP's or Leeds' car. Besides, Eric fry and Gary Chapman are going to be very tough for us to beat. They are in our class as well.
6freak
Leeds car not a chance...J.P`s you mite get him ...and you should be right there with Eric cept hes a super fast driver ..Id like to see what Eric could do in Leeds Monster...so who ever and what ever its gonna be a hoot JUST GLAD YOU COULD MAKE IT ...I parking the RV under cover so i was thinking we could have a little party there Saterday nite...BYOB
PeeGreen 914
Eric actually got to drive Leeds' car at the last AX during fun runs. He did okay but he needs to get use to it.

Party sounds fun Mike biggrin.gif beerchug.gif
6freak
I prolly classed myself wrong ...I put myself in M05 ..hope i can change that if i need to
PeeGreen 914
I know I classed myself wrong. I'm sure you can change that there. Really doesn't matter since our regions classing is all that you need to worry about for points and then the 914 shootout classing.
J P Stein
With a week to go there are close to 70 drivers entered. We usually get a few...maybe 10 "walk ins".
14-15 914 guys.
PeeGreen 914
We generally have around 100 drivers at our events but I won't complain about a smaller turn out. Get through the runs faster and get to have more fun runs piratenanner.gif

Looks like we will most likely have about 18 914 drivers, drivers not cars, entered into the shootout. Be fun to have more but that's a good amount. beerchug.gif
J P Stein
We don't do fun runs at ORPCA. They are all counters. You can figure on 7-8 runs Sunday....or till you get tired. biggrin.gif

I would sure like to see a course map.
PeeGreen 914
I hear it is designed by Greg Fordahl. Can't wait to see it but can't wait to run it more biggrin.gif
J P Stein
I saw a course map. Apparently it is a 2005 National Tour course designed before the dogleg was opened. If it is run as is on Saturday, IMO, the dogleg area should be included on Sunday and then run backwards. We shall see.
J P Stein
My job here is finished. I'm leaving for Packwood in the AM.
PeeGreen 914
See you in the evening or Saturday morning beerchug.gif
Heeltoe914
Any update on whos butt is getting kicked or who is not playing fair?
koozy
Sorry I couldn't make it, guys. I had some stuff come up that prevented me from going. (wife got into a car accident) She is ok but my pocketbook isn't. I hope ya-all are having a blast and taking pictures and video.

Sad to not be there playing with the big boys,

Mike
J P Stein
QUOTE(Heeltoe914 @ Aug 8 2009, 05:51 PM) *

Yes.
Chris Pincetich
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Aug 9 2009, 08:35 PM) *

QUOTE(Heeltoe914 @ Aug 8 2009, 05:51 PM) *

Yes.

popcorn[1].gif
PeeGreen 914
I just got home and am trying to get my kids settled and everything unpacked. However, the results came in with Britain in 1st, Leeds Gullick in 2nd, Matt Lowell in 3rd, Eric Fry in 4th, Gary Chapman in 5th, Me in 6th, and I don't remember wat happened after that.

Britain ran very well and Leeds had his hands full.

I came into the weekend knowing my codriver, Matt, Gary, and Eric were the ones I had to beat and I didn't. I am happy with how I did over all but I know I have a lot to learn in the saddle.

We had three top prizes with Mod, street legal six and street legal four.

Mod was Britain
Street six was Matt Lowell, in my car no less headbang.gif
Street legal four, Tim Konacki

It was close to being a Washington Sweep but Britain made sure that didn't happen aktion035.gif

It was a great time and I can't wait for the next one. I will post some pictures soon. Just have a lot to do before I will have time. Maybe latertonight but more like tomorrow. beerchug.gif
Heeltoe914
Thanks for that much I hope you guys had fun. If you can a piX of the top running cars would be nice so we have a car with the name. Congrats to all for making it out no matter how you did. All I can say is next time.
Todd Enlund
Tim Kornacki
Click to view attachment

Matt Lowell (in Jon Bovey's car)
Click to view attachment

Britain Smith (in JP Stein's car)
Click to view attachment
Todd Enlund
Mike Crandall
Click to view attachment

Leeds Gulick
Click to view attachment

Dave Hunt
Click to view attachment

Jamie Rust (in Mike Crandall's car)
Click to view attachment
Todd Enlund
Mike Crandall
Click to view attachment

Jon Bovey
Click to view attachment

Gerry Hunt (looks like he's having a blast!)
Click to view attachment

Everybody
Click to view attachment
JRust
Thanks for the pics Todd. The shootout was great! Just saw the results Brittain posted on the shootout. Man I know I came in last in the six division. Was I so embarrasing I didn't warrant making the list in eigth place WTF.gif rolleyes.gif

Seriously a great time was had by all. It would only have been better for me if I had gotten to drive my own car. Even then that may not have been true. Mikes six is setup so well & drive awesome. I am sure I would have been slower in mine. Can't wait to get my car fixed & make another autoX biggrin.gif
6freak
As always great work Todd ...thank you ...think maybe he should be the officail camera man for 914WORLD.and get to go to all the events free..jmo
Heeltoe914
Thanks Todd for the great shots. Now we all can just sit and wait for next year. Boy you guys have some nice hardware up north.

OK so let the stories begin.
J P Stein
My job for the weekend was to sell the car. I did 4-5 runs Sunday and the rest went to a prospective buyer. Saturday Tom Kotzian was kind enff to drive the car to push Brit some....he pushed, Brit responded. Tom (for those who don't know him) is an ex multi-time national champ and there is no finer ambassador for the SCCA and the sport of autocross in general.

For those (like me) who like to pore over AX results, go here.

http://www.pnwr.org/Track/autocross/results/2009/autoX06.asp

http://www.oregonpca.org/events/autocross/...sults/2009-ax5/
SirAndy
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Aug 9 2009, 09:18 PM) *

in my car no less headbang.gif

Don't you hate it when that happens? biggrin.gif
PeeGreen 914
I must say my little 2.4l was shown to do very well piratenanner.gif . Even if it was Matt that was driving headbang.gif . Eric Fry's car has a 2.7 and Gary Chapman's car has a 3.2. I was ever so close to Gary over all and had I not had my head up my ass the first day I most likely would have beat him. During the fun runs on Saturday I dropped my times considerably finally figuring out places I didn't need to break and places I could have used so much more gas.

Over all this was one of the most incredible events I have ever been to aktion035.gif
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Aug 10 2009, 10:29 AM) *

QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Aug 9 2009, 09:18 PM) *

in my car no less headbang.gif

Don't you hate it when that happens? biggrin.gif

Generally yes, but Matt is one of the best drivers in our region. I asked him to codrive with me so I can learn from him and be pushed by him. I have noticed it is working but I still have a lot to learn.
J P Stein
It was a gud event. Fitting for what is probably my last in a Porsche.

The Shoot Out was a good idea. Too bad there aren't enuff serious AXers on the West Coast willing to travel these distances to make a go of it.

Maybe the East Coasters can make somethng of it.
Todd Enlund
The garage
Click to view attachment

The grid
Click to view attachment

The umbrella girl (Britain)
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Todd Enlund
Non-NARP content
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Not my best photo, but this car was FAST, and was getting very light over this rise
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
6freak

Over all this was one of the most incredible events I have ever been to aktion035.gif

I agree Jon .....awsome
Todd Enlund
I couldn't help myself...

Click to view attachment
grantsfo
Looks like limited attendance but fun times! Great Photos! Thanks for sharing.

Matt Lowell appears to have been one of the faster drivers putting a heavy street car with a 2.4 dang close to prepared and modifieds on Sunday. Thats some good driving! Keep him away from the fast lieghtweight cars!
J P Stein
QUOTE(grantsfo @ Aug 10 2009, 12:47 PM) *

Looks like limited attendance but fun times! Great Photos! Thanks for sharing.

Matt Lowell appears to have been one of the faster drivers putting a heavy street car with a 2.4 dang close to prepared and modifieds on Sunday. Thats some good driving! Keep him away from the fast lieghtweight cars!

He's a 9eleben guy.....suduced by the aura. There's a lot of that going around. biggrin.gif
Damn fast driver, tho & a good guy to boot.

Limited? yeah, the Nor Cal candyasses couldn't make it.
messix
QUOTE(Todd Enlund @ Aug 10 2009, 12:28 PM) *

I couldn't help myself...

Click to view attachment

lol-2.gif i don't recall buying assdragger and driving that day lol-2.gif
PeeGreen 914
Here's some of the pictures my wife took during the event.
PeeGreen 914
One more
DNHunt
There was a great comment from the announcer on Saturday with all of the 914's on the grid. "Looks like 1973 again".
ottox914
Thats a great pic of the 914's in a row waiting to blast off. How many cars total were at the event? If I had time/money/truck/trailer and motor, I'd have made the trip from WI for sure. Looks like a great site and a great time was had by all.
Heeltoe914
[quote name='ottox914' date='Aug 11 2009, 06:42 AM' post='1201649']
If I had time/money/truck/trailer and motor, I'd have made the trip from WI for sure.

Can you come up with a better excuse??? biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.