Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Yet another 5-lug rear conversion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
craig downs
QUOTE(TonyAKAVW @ May 27 2009, 12:36 AM) *

Craig: Nicely done! I think this is what mine will look like in theend. It looks like you left the cable end holder in the stock spot. Is the stop plate and 'rubbing pad' piece welded to the trailing arm? I can't quite tell from the picture.

Are those Boxster calipers?

Thanks Tony
I've got boxster calipers front and rear.

I left the cable end mount in the stock location but cut it off to line up the cable to the spreader and rewelded it back to the trailing arm. I fabed the shoe anchor out of angle iron and welded it to the trailing arm.

I was going to do a thread on how I did this or would you like me to add it to yours.
TonyAKAVW
Please add it here!! Would love to see that. I think I will take a look at Boxster rear calipers, might be another option to consider other than the M calipers...

Are you running 15 inch wheels with those calipers? I have 15" cookie cutter wheels and would like to keep using those...

-Tony
craig downs
Ok I'll start adding some tomorrow. I have the early 15" deep 6" fuch and they just fit.
Wes V
QUOTE(craig downs @ May 28 2009, 01:46 AM) *

Ok I'll start adding some tomorrow. I have the early 15" deep 6" fuch and they just fit.

Craig;

I think it should be on a new thread!!!

This string starts out covering a lot of stuff that isn't specifically about e-brakes.

I'd hate to see what you have done get buried where people don't see it without reading three pages.

Wes V
TonyAKAVW
Wes is right. It would be a lot easier to find if it were in its own thread.
charliew
And be sure and say using the angle spreader, that spreader can be bought by itself as it's also on bmw's, and the support with the rubbing blocks and the 914 extension. For the guys that have the early shoes already they can use them with a small notch ground in them and if they ever wear out then they can go to the 944 style shoes. There is a straight pull that looks very much like the angle pull so be careful on buying the spreaders by themselves. The straight pull, not the early 911 butterfly type, are on the earlier aluminum bananna arms, I think about 74.

I found at least two porsche yards that were very familiar with the individual pieces of this conversion. When I called the yards they said yeah you want the 65-68 911 backing plates off of the steel arms (I don't think there are any alum. ones anyway) and the rest of the stuff off of a 944, it'll take a coupla hours to take the parts off. It was about 160.00 to my door. Make sure you ask for good useable shoes and the least pitted backing plates they have.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.