Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: starting to run right!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ian Stott
Was away for the weekend and first thing I did when I got home was call my cool mechanic buddy! My car is far from done but wow what a difference so far, the complete engine gasket set, those little prebent high pressure hoses just before the injectors and new injector seals, valves adjusted properly and fresh oil and filter. What a difference, much quieter, smoother acceleration and noticeably more powerful. All dash lights and gauges now working, clock doesn't work though but the light does, buzzer cause key is still in the ignition works which I didn't know it had one! New 100 LB Weltmeister springs installed and shifter linkage adjusted so it shifts quite well, I feel like I am really making progress with the car and though there is a ton of stuff still to do it is at a level where you don't mind showing it off, my daughter is graduating next month and wants it for prom so I guess that is a big compliment! Next we will bleed the brakes and tackle the heat issue, I remember reading here not that long ago you could use a cable from a mountain bike for the heater flappers, anyone know about this??

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
jaxdream
If it's stiff enough to push / pull the flapers , heater cables should not be that expensive to replace , how ever if the bike cable is long enough and stiff enough to operate reasonably well , I can't see any reason to not use them , if thats at hand and it works , go for it !!! Just remember the cables are no more than a stiff wire that is fed into the tubes that end real close to the flaper hookups and the lever pushes and pulls them according to what you want - heat or no heat. Try it .

Jaxdream
echocanyons
I recently ordered the original part from porsche, it wasn't too expensive ~30 $ if I remember right.

If you make your own remember that they are not symmetrical.
StratPlayer
I'm pretty sure that AA sells those cables.
markb
Actually, everybody can get them, since we all have to go to Porsche to order them (if we don't have them on the shelf).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.