Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Recommended spark plug and wires
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jcambo7
What do you recommend for spark plug wires and spark plugs for '73 2.0 FI?
yeahmag
If it's a stock ignition then stock Bosch.
jcambo7
QUOTE(yeahmag @ May 27 2009, 02:06 PM) *

Is their any particualr reason why you shouldn't upgrade the plugs and wires if its a stock ignition?
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(jcambo7 @ May 27 2009, 12:12 PM) *

Is their any particualr reason why you shouldn't upgrade the plugs and wires if its a stock ignition?

The correct plug is the correct plug. Bosch W7 CC, or NGK B6ES. There's NO SUCH THING as an "upgrade", especially for a stock engine. Avoid platinum plugs, which have a long history of not working as well as copper plugs in air cooled engines. As for the wires, I use a Beru set made for a 912. Beru is OE, Bosch is not. 2.0 engines don't use the same wires as 1.7/1.8 engines, as the plugs are farther away from the distributor.

The Cap'n

WFG
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ May 27 2009, 01:02 PM) *

QUOTE(jcambo7 @ May 27 2009, 12:12 PM) *

The correct plug is the correct plug. Bosch W7 CC, or NGK B6ES. There's NO SUCH THING as an "upgrade", especially for a stock engine. Avoid platinum plugs, which have a long history of not working as well as copper plugs in air cooled engines. As for the wires, I use a Beru set made for a 912. Beru is OE, Bosch is not. 2.0 engines don't use the same wires as 1.7/1.8 engines, as the plugs are farther away from the distributor.

The Cap'n

WFG
bosch plugs are not a good idea unless you want to change plugs all the time. they are the lowest cost plug out there. ngk are great plugs. but i have had the best service with ac delco. have been running them since 1979 less chance of fouling out.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.