Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion + Paul's BBQ
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
mightyohm
Looks like my wife Kylie is joining us too, so it'll be 4 of us at the Cameron Park airport. Is anyone bringing a "real car" (lol) that can carry 4 passengers that wouldn't mind being a taxi??
jeeperjohn56
Hey Paul, there will just me coming, Can I get directions to your place? Will be coming from Antioch. John
jeeperjohn56
Hey Jeff, I'm coming in my full size super duty truck, I canfit the four of you If I can get direstions. John
PRS914-6
BBQ update.....Wife is heading to the store for chow, looks like about 20 have RSVP'd. Since it's supposed to be HOT we are going to start serving food at 12:00 before the heat kicks in. We are short about 6 chairs so if a few bring some we'll be covered.

My street is private and as you come down you will see a stop sign saying "no entrance or turn around" pass by that and you will be at my white fence where you turn left onto my property.

Jeff, I'm sure we can get someone to pick you up at Cameron Park. It's not far from here and I PM'd you my phone #

John, directions were PM'd to you

ConeDodger
We three are more than likely coming in the 4Runner but even still, if I am in the 911 I will have room for 3 and me. biggrin.gif

By the way, if you guys are flying in as your post seems to imply, remember you are probably at 600 - 700 feet above sea level with afternoon temps around 103 F. predicted. Keep your fat guys to a minimum...
fiid
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jun 26 2009, 07:22 PM) *

By the way, if you guys are flying in as your post seems to imply, remember you are probably at 600 - 700 feet above sea level with afternoon temps around 103 F. predicted. Keep your fat guys to a minimum...

Thanks for the reminder. The performance numbers are all good for where we'll be on weight (even given the 1400' (!) elevation and 100 degree weather), and Cameron Park has a fairly long 4000 foot strip, so were definately in the clear on that. Might take a while to get up to cruising altitude tho.
biosurfer1
Out of curiosity Fiid, where are you taking off from and how long should it take you to get here?
ConeDodger
QUOTE(fiid @ Jun 26 2009, 07:43 PM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jun 26 2009, 07:22 PM) *

Thanks for the reminder. The performance numbers are all good for where we'll be on weight (even given the 1400' (!) elevation and 100 degree weather), and Cameron Park has a fairly long 4000 foot strip, so were definately in the clear on that. Might take a while to get up to cruising altitude tho.

I was guessing... I haven't flown in years. Can't pass the medical. Supposed to go blind but so far so good...
ConeDodger
cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

The event is so close now if you stop and take a deep breath you can almost smell the grill warming up! The Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion + Paul's BBQ!!! Smoke's a risen and it isn't Dave's engine doing the smokin' biggrin.gif 11am tomorrow! Get the address from Paul by PM if you haven't already done it... See you then!!!
fiid
QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ Jun 26 2009, 10:19 PM) *

Out of curiosity Fiid, where are you taking off from and how long should it take you to get here?

We're taking off from Hayward; just south of Oakland. Flightplan says 46 minutes enroute; although it will probably be a tad longer than that taking into account landing and traffic pattern stuff.
ConeDodger
cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

Just four hours away! See you today at the Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion + Paul's BBQ!
biosurfer1
A big thanks to Paul for putting on an amazing BBQ.

What a great house you have Paul and a shop/garage to aspire to.

Great food, great people, great cars!

Thanks again Paul!
porschecb
QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ Jun 28 2009, 03:50 PM) *

A big thanks to Paul for putting on an amazing BBQ.

What a great house you have Paul and a shop/garage to aspire to.

Great food, great people, great cars!

Thanks again Paul!

agree.gif Beats a donut for sure! Thank You Paul! (wife to) What a great turnout from people from all over! Reno, bay area, Carmichael etc.

Sorry Rob. Donuts are cool.
ConeDodger
Next Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion Michael will be eating a pair of dogbones! chowtime.gif

What a day it turned out to be indeed... Paul and Joanne hosted a great event. It all started out with a bit of an impromptu caravan. I left home at 1030 intending a 1100 arrival. When I got to Hwy 50 I discovered a late 911 Turbo in a beautiful grey. I pulled up alongside him and he gave me a thumbs up and it was on! What I didn't realize was our roadplay was witnessed by JeeperJohn who was driving his big assed Ford Diesel truck! Anyway, we had fun. Bumped triple digits a few times as we headed to the El Dorado Hills area. Once we got within sight of the exit I spied a yellow 914 with perfect 4 lug Fuchs wheels. Who do we have here? Al and Susan Wiedman of course, all the way down from Oroville. I swung in behind them and let the turbo go and just then I noticed right in front of their car is a red 914 with a big no-mohawk wearing head on one side and little tiny head on the other! SirAndy and Amoy! But wait! Just up ahead of them is a late model 914, funny looking thing with a little bunny emblem on one side and a "914" sticker on the other! None other than McMark! We exited and followed each other at a very safe pace to Paul and Joanne's secret hideaway... Just outside his private drive we found another white 914 sitting there. It was Bob Russel from the Bay area! Sorry Bob, I don't recall your screen name, perhaps if you bought one of those nifty 914World badges from the Yopu Store in the Member Vendors area??? biggrin.gif All of us pulled in together to find Paul and Joanne hard at work doing the last of their preparations for the day. The bullshit began in earnest as we gathered around Paul's shop table and enjoyed chips and I noticed more than one who had never seen Paul's car in person eyeing that covered beauty... As time trickled on, the thermometer edged up toward 100 and a few more people pulled in. Rand and a friend, all the way from Reno, Michael and Wanda from Carmichael, Yopu and Nicho914 from... well, from my house. JeeperJohn pulled his monster truck in as well. After a while, the temperature now racing toward 106, Paul's phone began ringing and JeeperJohn and I drove the 6 or 8 miles over to the Cameron Park Airport to pick up Kylie, Ben, Fiid, and Kylie's husband... (you guys should really get name tags), ok just kidding Kylie is of course married to Jeff Keyser. biggrin.gif
With the gang all in place, it was time to eat and we sure did! chowtime.gif

Thanks all for a great Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion + Paul's BBQ! See you next month when Michael will be eating some 914 dogbones for your entertainment! biggrin.gif

Pics to follow!
porschecb
Ruf Ruf! Oh there your dog bones! I said donuts are cool! Jezze. KMA.gif
Gint
No trash can pics?
ConeDodger
Oddly, I brought a digital SLR with two lenses and it never left the passenger seat of my car!
ConeDodger
QUOTE(porschecb @ Jun 28 2009, 08:41 PM) *

Ruf Ruf! Oh there your dog bones! I said donuts are cool! Jezze. KMA.gif

Gotcha!!!
ahdoman
OK Rob - 4 pages of shamless promotion pics that have nothing to do with the event, it finally happened and no pics?
fiid
Huge Thankyous to Paul and Joanne for your fabulous hospitality, and also to JeeperJohn for the rides to/from the airport. We had a total blast!! Thanks again!!

We discovered that at Cameron Park airport, the fuel pumps are out of service, so we figured out that we could make it (and there's lots of airpots with fuel on the way back) and made a fairly slow but efficient cruise back to Hayward and just about returned the plane on-time; and managed it without a Low Fuel indication (phew!).

Thanks again everyone for a wonderful event; and really great to see you all!
ConeDodger
QUOTE(ahdoman @ Jun 28 2009, 09:35 PM) *

OK Rob - 4 pages of shamless promotion pics that have nothing to do with the event, it finally happened and no pics?

Did you ever give an 11 year old a job to do? Reminded him at least three times. Pics were taken though. Rand shot a few for sure... biggrin.gif
PRS914-6
Thanks for all who came and braved the heat wave, enjoyed having you here. Even my wife commented "that was a nice group of people"

I suspect by the time Andy and Amoy got home they looked like the Wicked Witch of the East after water was thrown on her.
McMark
My car told me it was 116 outside just north of Concord. yikes.gif
mightyohm
Paul - THANK YOU for hosting such a great event. Kylie and I had a wonderful time, the food was some of the best BBQ food I have ever had.. still drooling over the lemon chicken and yogurt... I took a few pics of our flight to Cameron Park with Fiid and Kylie took some shots of the BBQ. Here are a couple good ones:

Our pilot does his preflight checks on the plane:
IPB Image

Fiid in the cockpit:
IPB Image

It's a long way down...
IPB Image

Landing in Cameron Park:
IPB Image

Conedodger and Yopu at the BBQ:
IPB Image

Paul's 914 3.6: drooley.gif
IPB Image

porschecb
QUOTE(McMark @ Jun 29 2009, 10:48 AM) *

My car told me it was 116 outside just north of Concord. yikes.gif

Your car talks to you?
McMark
VW's done some amazing things. Also, being schizophrenic doesn't hurt. wacko.gif
al weidman
Thanks Paul and Joanne, it definitely was one not to be missed. I really got to see much of the work Paul had done on his car. The details were amazing, what do you expect from a machinist? Great work shop and machine shop. My car did fine on the trip home, about 125 miles, but my wife had a heat stroke by the time we got to Marysville. Spent about an hour recovering and then headed for home. She went to bed when we got home and slept like a log. Really enjoyed putting the faces with the names, but still a little confusing. Maybe we should have both names on our badges. chowtime.gif beerchug.gif smilie_pokal.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(McMark @ Jun 29 2009, 06:44 PM) *

VW's done some amazing things. Also, being schizophrenic doesn't hurt. wacko.gif

It also helps on those long drives when you are by yourself... Or are you????? blink.gif
Rand
On the way home, I spied a red flash over the hillcrest. First thought, looks like a 911. Got closer and....
Rand
Q1
Rand
A huge thanks to Paul and Joanne. We had amazing hosts, and the food was spectacular!!
Rand
I could ramble on about how nice Paul's car is, but the many magazine articles cover all that. A huge thanks to Paul for firing up the beauty/beast to take me for a ride. Serious muscle, all Porsche, attention to detail and refinement on every level. An absolutely perfect car.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.