Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion + Paul's BBQ
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
ConeDodger
cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

Time to announce the Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion + Paul's BBQ! We are doing something different this time. We will be going to Paul Sayegh's house to enjoy some BBQ and plan a bigger party! The WCR 2010! Save the date! Sunday June 28th!

If you plan on coming, PM Paul with a head count so he can get enough RED MEAT!
ConeDodger
cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

Well you didn't have to watch long! This month the Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion moves to the home of Paul Sayegh (PRS914-6), Excellence writer and owner of the Black 3.6 conversion featured over 13 issues of Excellence Magazine. You can get a preview of the daughter project which will be the subject of Paul's next series of articles too... The nice thing about that is that the actual project is so far ahead of the articles that you get a real feel for direction... I enjoyed this with the 3.6 project. Also, and not just incidently, we will be discussing WCR 2010 Tahoe... The planning committee is expected to be there but you could be there too and have input!

The BBQ will start at 11:00am and run until 2:00 or so...

To attend, PM Paul with your head count and he will give you the address and directions.... If your plans change, please keep Paul informed so he doesn't end up with 60# of left over hamburger...
jeeperjohn56
Hey Paul, I'm in for the Bar-B-Que on that date. Is they anything I can bring? John chowtime.gif
PRS914-6
OK guys the BBQ is open to anyone wishing to come. I'll provide all the food, just bring what you like to drink (beer, soda etc).

The plan:
Shop time....I'll probably put my car on the lift. Machine something in the lathe or mill if you would like.
WCR 2010 Tahoe planning. Your input appreciated and encouraged.
BBQ pork loin, burgers and hot dogs
Relax and have fun
Celebrate the Excellence project car completion.

Again, open to all of you but I'll need a head count a few days before the 28th for food purchase. I'll PM you a few days before the 28th with directions. I live about 30 miles east of Sacramento.
porschecb
Wow! Can't make this one. Got a board meeting in Tahoe that weekend. (Tahoe?)

Thanks for the invite Paul!

(Rob your jack and stands are safe just having fitment problems)
ConeDodger
QUOTE(porschecb @ Jun 3 2009, 06:40 PM) *

Wow! Can't make this one. Got a board meeting in Tahoe thet weekend. (Tahoe?)

Thanks for the invite Paul!

(Rob your jack and stands are safe just having fitment problems)

Don't worry about me Michael... It is an honor amongst jackstands to be supporting a 914... biggrin.gif
ConeDodger

Time to make your plans to come to the Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion + Paul's BBQ hosted by the Sayegh's at their beautiful home in Eldorado Hills, CA. June 28th 11am to 2ish... PM Paul directly so he has a head count for food at PRS914-6... We hope to see you all there...
ConeDodger

Make your plans and PM the host! The Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion + Paul's BBQ is just a few weeks away!
ConeDodger

Bring your family, bring your 914! This Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion is cuddled up with Paul's BBQ! Paul is cooking! drooley.gif Show and tell on Paul's famous projects! driving.gif See you there? biggrin.gif
strawman
Bummer, I am going to miss this one! We're going on a family vacation out of state. Have fun!
Geoff
ConeDodger

The days are counting down until the Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion + Paul's BBQ! Be the first one on your block to contact Paul and reserve your grillin' meat! See you there!!!
ConeDodger

Get your BBQ face on! mad.gif You never know when there might be a stare-down for that last chicken leg!
ConeDodger

Bring your hungry bones to the Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion + Paul's BBQ! chowtime.gif You better have a good excuse to miss this one!!!
ConeDodger

Come up to the Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion + Paul's BBQ... You will like it!
ConeDodger

Be sure to RSVP to Paul through the PM system here on the site... Sooner than you think it will be time for the Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion + Paul's BBQ!
ConeDodger

Be the first to show up and win a free trip to Paul's petting zoo! (two dogs) biggrin.gif See you at the Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion + Paul's BBQ!
ConeDodger

Paul is stirthepot.gif jsharp.gif So get ready to chowtime.gif It is going to be great food! Lets hope no prop.gif and jester.gif show up and get drunk.gif but if they do we can always call the busted_cop.gif Cause thats how we rolling.gif at the Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion + Paul's BBQ...
ConeDodger

Come to the BBQ and go home happy! The Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion + Paul's BBQ is June 28th at 11am... PM Paul to get on the guest list.
ConeDodger

Less than two weeks until the Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion + Paul's BBQ! See you there!
ConeDodger

Be there... chowtime.gif
smj
Hey Rob, I-- what the... Is that 944 Turbo/S2 just a check to make sure we're paying attention?? wink.gif

I'm pretty sure I can make this one - woo hoo!
ConeDodger
QUOTE(smj @ Jun 16 2009, 01:55 PM) *

Hey Rob, I-- what the... Is that 944 Turbo/S2 just a check to make sure we're paying attention?? wink.gif

almost any Porsche enthusiast is welcome. Even S2 peeps. So, no it isn't an attention getter. My first P car was an S2 in fact.
smj
My first p-car was an early '85 944 - yellow gauges, etc. No problem with the image, just struck me as I was marveling at the depth of your collection of teener photos from this and previous threads.

I can even say I've now driven a Cayenne on the track, after our June 5th DE at Thunderhill. A dubious distinction, I know...
ConeDodger
QUOTE(smj @ Jun 16 2009, 04:39 PM) *

My first p-car was an early '85 944 - yellow gauges, etc. No problem with the image, just struck me as I was marveling at the depth of your collection of teener photos from this and previous threads.

I can even say I've now driven a Cayenne on the track, after our June 5th DE at Thunderhill. A dubious distinction, I know...

I would love to drive one... My wife wants one badly but I am not going to stimulate the economy right now...
porschecb
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jun 16 2009, 02:27 PM) *

almost any Porsche enthusiast is welcome. Even S2 peeps. So, no it isn't an attention getter. My first P car was an S2 in fact.

Almost! av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif I read through that! Lets hope this turns out uneventfull shades.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(porschecb @ Jun 16 2009, 05:59 PM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jun 16 2009, 02:27 PM) *

Almost! av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif I read through that! Lets hope this turns out uneventfull shades.gif

What the hell Michael, I've been told to call 911 on sight no matter what county I am in... But they don't call them fools for nothing. rolleyes.gif
porschecb
I would think 5150 would be the the right number! I hear ya! blink.gif
ConeDodger

You will be green with envy when you see the 914's at the Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion + Paul's BBQ!
McMark
drunk.gif
jcd914
I won't be able make it to this gathering. sad.gif
It is my wife's birthday weekend and I will be heading to the Napa area, her choice. Now I just have to find a nice place to stay over there that I can still afford.

Take Care All
Jim

Rand
Dang I had to look a couple pages deep to find this. Rob dropped his pom poms! tongue.gif
Woot!!!! I'm in!! Looking forward to it!
A friend from Santa Barbara will be there... So why not Z?? Oh, and Mike, pick up the Crusty one on your way!!! smile.gif
McMark
Sounds like it's going to be a pretty good turn out. mcmark.gif
ConeDodger

Thought I would pick up my pom poms and tell you guys that I am still the cheerleader here... Glad to hear that Rand will make it over the hill and looking forward to seeing everyone.

Ya'll be sure to PM PRS9146 with your body count so he can get an accurate grocery count...
ConeDodger

Just be there... biggrin.gif
ConeDodger

Ahhhh.... a week in San Diego. Sun, salt-air. No worries at all... Now I am back. Who is coming to the Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion + Paul's BBQ? PM Paul, it's grocery time!
ConeDodger

Get those RSVP's in to Paul! The day is coming up quickly. See you at the Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion + Paul's BBQ!
biosurfer1
Didn't want to commit until I knew for sure, but I'll be there.
orange914
looks like melodie, kenny and i will be able to come... now i have to figure out where exactly. my computor is crashing BAD lately so if i don't get the p.m. sent off to paul(?) maybe someone could be so kind to give me a ring with exacts

mike 209-537-3749

chow!
porschecb
Wanda and I we be there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! biggrin.gif grouphug.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(porschecb @ Jun 22 2009, 06:11 PM) *

Wanda and I we be there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! biggrin.gif grouphug.gif

Very cool...
ConeDodger

Get your bib on! Paul makes some mean BBQ! See you at the Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion + Paul's BBQ! RSVP ASAP biggrin.gif
ConeDodger

Be the first one on your block to go to the Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion + Paul's BBQ! RSVP today!
ConeDodger

Who will be at the Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion + Paul's BBQ? Inquiring minds want to know...
orange914
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jun 25 2009, 06:38 AM) *

Who will be at the Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion + Paul's BBQ? Inquiring minds want to know...

driving.gif kenny
driving-girl.gif melodie
driving.gif mike
PRS914-6
Thanks for all the RSVP's for Sundays BBQ. Anyone else wanting to come, please RSVP by Friday afternoon so we can get a food count. chowtime.gif Bring what you like to drink. Starts at 11:00 and we'll probably eat sometime around 12:30

Looks like a pretty good turnout. It's going to be warm so dress cool. I have a swamp cooler in the shop and it's always comfortable though.

We are getting enough people that I am worried about chairs. If a few can bring chairs that will help.

See you guys on Sunday.....
ConeDodger

Get a hold of Paul! The grocery getting is happening today! The Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion + Paul's BBQ is just two days off!!!
fiid
How far are you from Cameron Park airport? Thinking I might bring a different aircooled flat 4.....
PRS914-6
about 8 minutes driving
fiid
Humm... I'll aim to be there. I'll bring some food and drink as well to cover my ambiguity... smile.gif. It's looking like we might be Me, Jeff Keyzer, and Ben (who is 4).

Would anyone be up for a couple of quick airport rides?
biosurfer1
You mean "ride" as in to/from airport or a ride in your flying air cooled?

Either way I'd be happy to:)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.