Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: '76 2.7/6 Conversion $2,500 or nearest offer
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
KaptKaos
I got this car about 18 months ago, and just haven't been able to do much with it. You can see the link in my sig to the progress thread. Not too much progress has been made, unfortunately.

As it stands now, I haven't been able to start the motor. It did turn last I tried it, but I think there is another issue, maybe with the starter or ?? I was able to spin the starter yesterday by cross the posts, and the solenoid engaged, but I couldn't get it to do both and spin the motor.

The car has rivieras on it that will need to be take off when you come pick it up. They are not mine and need to be returned to their owner.

Here's the rundown of the good stuff:

2.7/6 with CIS in place.
6er headers.
6 engine mount
6 throttle linkage.

Body is decent, but it's a 76. For those in California, that's an issue. Has some rust around the hell hole. I have not probed how deeply it goes. The battery tray has been replaced with a welded in tray.

It has fiberglass gt flares on the rear only.

Sideshift trans and there is something up with it. Seems like one of the in-bound CV joints is broken.

Interior is there, but not great. Seats recovers in velour seating surface, but some tears in the vinyl bolsters.

Has a "custom" center console with 911 gauges. Has a 914 combo Gas/Temp gauge too.

I don't really want to sell it, but I need the cash for other stuff/projects that I am working on.

$2500.

PM me with any questions.
KaptKaos
More:

Click to view attachment

This is the hell hole down there.
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Let me know if you have more questions.

JoeSharp
Hey Joe, how much work to get it running enough for Rand to drive it home? Maybe there is a jsharp.gif in it.
KaptKaos
Dunno for sure Joe.

There is something going on with the starter/electrics.

There is one broken axle for sure.

There might be something else with the trans too, that's why he parked it years ago.

The brakes would need to be gone through and checked. Rotors need to be turned and MC checked to make sure it will work.

I replaced the gas tank with a non-rusty one and R&Red the fuel delivery system into the injection. Slits hooked me up with a fuel dizzy that didn't stick.

Rims and Tires are Euro911s, so he'd need those back too.

And it would need a battery.

It would take a lot of work to make it drivable. It's been sitting a long time.

.ps Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I have a hood and engine lid for it. I've just been keeping everything under a car cover.
KaptKaos
Also, I might be interested in a type4 motor in partial trade. I screwed up my 1911, so I am open to alternatives. I'd want something with a carb cam, as I prefer to run carbs. Just throwing that out there.
Rand
QUOTE(Joe Sharp @ Jun 11 2009, 05:10 PM) *

Hey Joe, how much work to get it running enough for Rand to drive it home? Maybe there is a jsharp.gif in it.

Thanks for the thoughts Joe. Whether it comes from this or not, I'm looking forward to one of your narpBQs one day! beerchug.gif

I would love it if I could find a six expert to get this thing running ahead of time. Then I could round up some wheels/tires, an axle, battery, etc., and fly out to finish getting it drivable.
Beachbum
any idea what shape the engine is in?
KaptKaos
I wish I knew the engine condition. That's why this is priced so low.
swood
I have a complete spare 1.7 here to trade for the /6.... or some kinda dealio like that...
KaptKaos
QUOTE(swood @ Jun 14 2009, 08:01 PM) *

I have a complete spare 1.7 here to trade for the /6.... or some kinda dealio like that...

chair.gif chair.gif chair.gif

Listen you..... mad.gif

I have a 1.7 and a 1.8 in the garage. They're both stock. I could use one of those if'n I wanted a stock one. ar15.gif headbang.gif
Grimstead
icon_bump.gif
Hey Joe, whatcha know?

This sounds like a great deal, I'm sure someone will snap it up soon (figure motor & parts alone...).

Now for the highjack, what happened to the 1911?
KaptKaos
QUOTE(Grimstead @ Jun 15 2009, 09:03 PM) *

icon_bump.gif
Hey Joe, whatcha know?

This sounds like a great deal, I'm sure someone will snap it up soon (figure motor & parts alone...).

Now for the highjack, what happened to the 1911?

Thanks Bill.

I put in a step-down stud for one of the exhaust studs at an odd angle. headbang.gif Minimally, I need to drop the motor and send the heads out to be fixed.
KaptKaos
I'll be putting this up on CL this weekend. I'd rather make a deal with someone here, but I need to move it soon.
KaptKaos
icon_bump.gif

Or nearest offer. I'd like to get this thing out of here.

If no one steps up, I will part it.
bfrymire
QUOTE(KaptKaos @ Jun 27 2009, 09:09 PM) *

icon_bump.gif

Or nearest offer. I'd like to get this thing out of here.

If no one steps up, I will part it.

If you part, I would be interested in the CIS complete. Or if someone else buys it, and wants to sell me the CIS....
smile.gif
-- brett

Rand
No 6 gurus around there who want to give me an estimate on getting it running?
kconway
I've got a balanced 2.0 liter case, crank, cam, pistons (96mm), cylinders and rods fer trade for the engine...I'm in Long Beach.
KaptKaos
Thanks Kevin.

I really want to move the whole car if I can. Parting it may become inevitable. =(
KaptKaos
icon_bump.gif

I've got about 2 weeks on this before I part it out.
SLITS
If he could have got it to me in Riverside, I would have gotten it running for him or at least would have given it one hell of a try.
kconway
QUOTE(KaptKaos @ Jul 2 2009, 03:27 PM) *

Thanks Kevin.

I really want to move the whole car if I can. Parting it may become inevitable. =(

Still working on it? icon_bump.gif
KaptKaos
laugh.gif

The stars are aligning and I may actually be able to drop the motor in the next few weekends.

I'd rather sell the whole thing, but if I have to part it, I will.

Thanks for asking.

Did you find a hood?

KaptKaos
Last weekend for this thing. Otherwise I will be pulling off parts starting next week.

If you were on the fence, now's your chance =)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.