Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: exhaust options for wevo 915 cars
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
brp986s
How do you get stock-like appearance and sound from a wevo/915 car? Patrick sells a system that uses 2 huge cylindrical cans, but I think there will be ground clearance issues on my driveway.

Another option is to cut a chunk out of the stock banana muffler to clear the wevo. Does anyone sell such a system? If you do it yourself, do the innards need to be mod'd, or is it simply cut and weld?

I'd really like to do something similar to the patrick, but with small flat mufflers like Bursch on '76 914-4. But then you are on your own sound-wise, and I don't want something obnoxious or ricer, and it seems aftermarket mufflers are designed to be loud.
This is strictly a street car.

Help. confused24.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(brp986s @ Jun 10 2009, 01:20 PM) *

How do you get stock-like appearance and sound from a wevo/915 car? Patrick sells a system that uses 2 huge cylindrical cans, but I think there will be ground clearance issues on my driveway.

Another option is to cut a chunk out of the stock banana muffler to clear the wevo. Does anyone sell such a system? If you do it yourself, do the innards need to be mod'd, or is it simply cut and weld?

I'd really like to do something similar to the patrick, but with small flat mufflers like Bursch on '76 914-4. But then you are on your own sound-wise, and I don't want something obnoxious or ricer, and it seems aftermarket mufflers are designed to be loud.
This is strictly a street car.

Help. confused24.gif

many have bent and cut. Stupid that they designed the thing that way. The vellios kit worked well and cleared but try to find one of those these days!
johannes

Those are loud like hell ...

Not for street.
sharper
Mines not quite the stock-look but I think it is very clean looking. The prior owner said he used mufflers from a 996 because of clearance issues. I have a 915 with some crazy fabrication going on for a cable shifter. Here is a pic from behind and I can take some from underneath if you like.
drgchapman
Here's mine:

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Flowmaster muffler, custom exhaust. Exits the stock cutout on the valance. Nice piece of work form Rothsport Porsche here in Portland. I don't see how you can get the "stock" look with anything else.
ChrisFoley
We moved the banana muffler back 1 1/2: and added a pocket for the WEVO on this six:
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

This is a Tangerine EVO II silencer we modded for a WEVO. A lot easier than the -6 mods above.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
brp986s
QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Jun 10 2009, 04:38 PM) *

We moved the banana muffler back 1 1/2: and added a pocket for the WEVO on this six:
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

This is a Tangerine EVO II silencer we modded for a WEVO. A lot easier than the -6 mods above.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

That's odd, it would seem that the mod'd banana would be easier. The plumbing under the 915 for the evo looks scary expensive. I looked at your site and don't see either listed. How much?
ChrisFoley
The EVO silencer is for a 4 cylinder. The Tangerine Header only required small alterations to clear the clutch arm on the 915, and the end of the muffler can was fairly easy to alter, since that area only contains sound deadening materials.

The banana muffler is a Dansk stainless unit, and inside are some chamber walls and baffles that are affected, so it was a rather big project. That muffler mod involves extending both inlets by 1 1/2" as well as cutting the can open.

Both jobs are custom, so no set price that could go up on the website.
I would want to have the car at the shop for the six cylinder exhaust work. I think the Tangerine exhaust system can be modded without having the car, now that we have done it once and we manufacture the entire system anyway.
PRS914-6
I wanted a stock appearance as well and there were few options with a WEVO. I ended up extending my headers a couple of inches and then using a M&K stainless unit. No mods needed for the muffler (except the header extension) Very light (about half of a 911 unit). It's louder than stock for sure but I believe they make a quieter option now. It tucks up very nice. I scrubbed mine down with a Scotch Brite sheet so it has a nice brushed stainless look. Not cheap but equivalent to SSI headers in quality.

If you call, talk to Ben and ask to help you out based on our conversation and perhaps he'll help you out on price.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.