Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Harness all layed in
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PanelBilly
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

I wrapped all the wires in the best electrical tape I could find, just to clean it up a bit more. Several of the wire tabs in the engine compartment are missing, so i need to find some hardware to secure the lines in place. Suggestions are welcome.

The area where the harness comes through the firewall and turns up into the motor mount isn't as clean as I'd like it either, but its where I'm going to stop today.
r_towle
Where is the big black boot going into the car?

Rich
McMark
Looks good. thumb3d.gif cool.gif Except that I loathe electrical tape as a wire wrap since it unwraps in a year or so and leaves an awful, sticky mess.

The dash can seem daunting, but if you work at it little by little it's not too bad.
bandjoey
local hardware shop has small electrical screw down clips for wires..also boat shops
SirAndy
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Jun 20 2009, 06:34 PM) *

The area where the harness comes through the firewall and turns up into the motor mount isn't as clean as I'd like it either, but its where I'm going to stop today.

Not sure if you seen this thread, but it might help ...

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=13582

shades.gif Andy
PanelBilly
Thanks Andy i was looking for this thread yesterday and gave up the hunt, deciding to rely on my memory instead.
dakotaewing
QUOTE(McMark @ Jun 20 2009, 09:46 PM) *

Looks good. thumb3d.gif cool.gif Except that I loathe electrical tape as a wire wrap since it unwraps in a year or so and leaves an awful, sticky mess.

The dash can seem daunting, but if you work at it little by little it's not too bad.

Mark - Can you recommend a top end product for a wire wrap?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.