Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Farewell 504?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
EdwardBlume
I'm almost done deboning the chicken and I'm debating finding someone with race car aspirations, or else recycling this sucker. It got to go though, as I'll be rebuilding my street car soon (?).

So what do you think?

Crush it
Cut it
Find someone who wants it
Turn it into art?
EdwardBlume
Some picts
EdwardBlume
More
EdwardBlume
Good long, repaired jack posts, center tube, former AC car, battery area needs work, oh and the entire front end...

pktzygt
Ship it to the east coast!
tat2dphreak
it's NOT that bad... someone could totally bring that back to life... or could use the few parts left. fuchs look to be in good shape...
r_towle
Trailer....think about it....

Rich
Derek Seymour
once again I wish I had storage area headbang.gif ... that's got race car written all over it driving.gif
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(r_towle @ Jun 21 2009, 02:25 PM) *

Trailer....think about it....

Rich

There's a trailer in the background that works ok.... what ever happened to the 914 limo?
rudedude
Thats way way way better than the one I am or was going to repair.
Why are you so far away?

Jule
JeffBowlsby
biker.gif biggrin.gif

orange914
someones gotta find this cali. car worth shipping. it's a shame to cut it up barf.gif
jmill
How far does the damage go up front? If it's past the bulkhead it's a ton of work to get straight again. I voted to save it anyhow. I bought a wrecked one myself but the damage wasn't quite as bad as that.
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Jun 21 2009, 03:30 PM) *

biker.gif biggrin.gif

Ha ha Jeff, where did you dig out this old picture of me? and that was after I mowed the mullet...
Gunther
QUOTE(Derek Seymour @ Jun 21 2009, 05:27 PM) *

once again I wish I had storage area headbang.gif ... that's got race car written all over it driving.gif

24 hours of Lemons driving.gif At least.

Nothin a BIG hammer can't fix. smash.gif
EdwardBlume
I guess I can describe it better....

The front was hit hard enough to pull the A arms about 2 inches together. It didn't help that is was an AC car with holes. Both fenders are toast. Inside the trunk, the wheel wells are bent. Therefore, it needs to get some bench time at least enough to get the A arm front mount straight. Gas tank area back is fine.

Wheel wells were sprayed at one point. AC holes along the pass side up under the battery. Battery area is what you see. Looks like the metal was treated at one time. Doors are gone. Interior is gone. Engine / Tranny gone. Wiring gone. If it wasn't welded on, its gone.

Jack posts were problems at one point, then patched. Accelerator tube was broken at one point and fixed. The rest of the paint / body I believe was a McMark job, and it was a very nice job aktion035.gif . As it sits now, there's numerous scratches (like keying) on the fenders and rear trunk. The rear trunk took an odd impact too that pushed one corner about 1 cm. Body there is OK. Inside trunk is solid but looks like it was treated. No holes except two 1/2 holes I drilled to hold the half shafts up. Center tube was cut in the rear to take the wiring out easier.

If it is indeed heading for the big recycler in the orient, the Fuchs, 4 adjustable Konis, ? rear springs, newer 21MM sway bar, calipers, ss brake lines, steering column, and trailing arms will be taken off.

On a brighter note, the floors, longs, jambs, windshield, dash are great - hence the hesitation. I have a CA junk title in my name...

The way this poll is going, I'm likely going to have to give the ole' college try to find another owner....

carr914
I voted find someone to use it, but if you cut it, I need a section of passenger floor to use as a patch welder.gif

T.C.
rick 918-S
Very, Very repairable. And your fenders look repairable even with the slice across the end of the right one. This car is still on the fence due to the amount of rust it has. The problem is the added cost of shipping a car that doesn't run. (or roll and steer very good..) But I say someone should fix it.
McMark
Rob, if you feel like delivering it, you can drop it off at my shop anytime. I'll gladly throw it in my storage yard for a rainy day. cool.gif
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(McMark @ Jun 22 2009, 10:47 AM) *

Rob, if you feel like delivering it, you can drop it off at my shop anytime. I'll gladly throw it in my storage yard for a rainy day. cool.gif

Done. You rock Mark! beer.gif
JRust
I'd pick it up if it coes with what you list & show in the pics. That would be of course if McMark didn't want it confused24.gif .
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(RobW @ Jun 21 2009, 01:47 PM) *

Good long, repaired jack posts, center tube, former AC car, battery area needs work, oh and the entire front end...

wow this car looks really really good! An easy repair.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.