Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2009 Chrome Bumper Thread
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Gint
Bumper arrived today. Not show quality for sure, but good daily driver quality.

However, if I were local I'd take this back and have it redone. They did an acceptable job straightening the punched in center section (plate area), but there are at least 10 small pits in the chrome across the entire center section between the grill openings. One of those even has a small dent or impression. I guess it will have to do because I don't want to spend another $40 to ship there and $50 to ship back. And at least now I can have an early front and rear on the zambeziteen.

I'll try to get pics of the pits later. Not sure they'll show up in pics.
914_teener
U agree.gif

I also thought the straightening was okay for my wrinkles. I think the plating could have been better. I didn't see any pitting in mine but the plating was a little thin IMO.

Anyway, mine is a weekend driver and is garaged, I want to do some driving before the Winter ski season and other projects.

Rob
Gint
This was the best picture I could get. It's virtually impossible to take pictures of pits in chrome. The chrome itself actually looks better than it does in this picture. But like I said, it's not show quality. Which I'm OK with, but the pits could go.

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.