Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2009 Chrome Bumper Thread
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
banger
A new thread for keeping track of everyone interested in having bumpers rechromed. We will need 10 bumpers for the price to drop to $250 each. Please let me know if you are interested, so I can add you to the list.

Here is a link to the previous thread with all the info: 2008 Bumper Deal

Member + number of bumpers

Banger -2 At the Bumper shop
Travis Neff -1 At the Bumper shop
Bob -2
Gint -1 or 2
Lavanut -2
ellisor3 -2 At the bumper shop
LeNoah -2
914_teener -1 At the Bumper shop
lagunero -1

Total 14 or 15
ahdoman
Chris,
Is that price just for re-chrome or does it include minor metal work? Also, what type of chrome quality?
my928s4
Any idea what these cost to ship? I have two bumpers that need the treatment.

banger
The cost includes minor metal work, and small hole filling. If you have larger holes (from bumperettes etc), then the cost is a little more. This is triple plated chrome, just as was done last year.

QUOTE(ahdoman @ Jun 23 2009, 01:38 PM) *

Chris,
Is that price just for re-chrome or does it include minor metal work? Also, what type of chrome quality?

banger
I would weigh them, and see what the price is with fedex, they traditionally had the lowest price for large bulky items. You can ship them to me, and I will handle delivering them to the bumper company, then boxing them, and shipping back to you. My zip is 91351 for reference.

QUOTE(my928s4 @ Jun 23 2009, 02:20 PM) *

Any idea what these cost to ship? I have two bumpers that need the treatment.

horizontally-opposed
Depending on your timing, I could be in for two (one front and one rear).

I need to have my car together for Monterey. At least, that's what I was hoping to do...

Are there any pics of the finished work from last time around?

Thanks!

pete
banger
If you check out the thread from last year, it shows some pics of the finished work. The link can be found in the first message of this thread.

QUOTE(horizontally-opposed @ Jun 23 2009, 02:42 PM) *

Depending on your timing, I could be in for two (one front and one rear).

I need to have my car together for Monterey. At least, that's what I was hoping to do...

Are there any pics of the finished work from last time around?

Thanks!

pete

Gint
C'mon gang. There's lots of info, pics, etc... in the original thread.
ellisor3
I would be in as well, front and back
horizontally-opposed
QUOTE(Gint @ Jun 23 2009, 03:24 PM) *

C'mon gang. There's lots of info, pics, etc... in the original thread.

Sorry, missed the link.

I'm out. Chrome looks a bit too wavy/grainy for me. I know, I know, but I'd rather live with what I've got, then do local and pay more (but be able to see before accepting).

Thanks!

pete
LeNoah
I might be in for 2. When is this going to happen and where could I drop them off. I'm in Orange County but have a freind who goes back and forth to Marina Del Rey every week.
banger
I think we are trying to target for mid-july. The bumpers could be dropped off directly at "The Bumper Shop"

QUOTE(LeNoah @ Jun 24 2009, 03:09 PM) *

I might be in for 2. When is this going to happen and where could I drop them off. I'm in Orange County but have a freind who goes back and forth to Marina Del Rey every week.

914_teener
Okay.... I am in for my front. Gonna take it off right after the 4th for the Mid July date and I will drop it off. I will keep checking the thread I quess for the date and or send a PM. Thanks Banger... never got your name in the last thread.

Rob driving.gif
McMark
I've seen a set from last year, in person. They look good and a lot depends on how good the bumpers start out. I wouldn't call this perfection/show chrome. But for $250 a bumper it's damn good.
ellisor3
Just checking to see if this deal is on. I want to pull my bumpers over the 4th and ship them. A couple of questions:

Is the turn-around time still about the same-a couple of weeks?
Do we need to tell them this is 914 World deal?
How we be notified if there is additional cost?
What happens if we are not happy with the job?
What is the address? To who's attention?

Thanks for putting this together
banger
The turn around should be the same, 1-2 weeks. I will confirm with them on monday. You will need to tell them that this is the 914 deal. There are a couple of options, you could have them shipped to me, and I bring them down, or you can ship directly to them. Let me know how you want to handle it.

QUOTE(ellisor3 @ Jun 27 2009, 05:10 PM) *

Just checking to see if this deal is on. I want to pull my bumpers over the 4th and ship them. A couple of questions:

Is the turn-around time still about the same-a couple of weeks?
Do we need to tell them this is 914 World deal?
How we be notified if there is additional cost?
What happens if we are not happy with the job?
What is the address? To who's attention?

Thanks for putting this together

ellisor3
QUOTE(banger @ Jun 28 2009, 01:26 AM) *
The turn around should be the same, 1-2 weeks. I will confirm with them on monday. You will need to tell them that this is the 914 deal. There are a couple of options, you could have them shipped to me, and I bring them down, or you can ship directly to them. Let me know how you want to handle it.

I will probably ship directly to them, no need to make more work for you, what is the address and how will they handle payment? Anything further and I will PM rather than the board.
banger
The bumpers should be delivered or shipped to the bumper shop around July 13th. Anytime in this week is fine. If you are shipping your bumpers, please include your name, address and all contact details. Please also put a tag or tape on your bumpers with your name on them. Ship or deliver the bumpers to the following address:

The Bumper Shop
Attn: Nestor - Porsche Club Deal
828 E. Florence Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90001

Toll Free: 1800-831-4421
Local: (323) 585-3865
Local: (323) 585-2921

Please make sure that they are sent to Nestors attention. If you are bringing them in person, please speak to him, since he will be handling this for us. When the bumpers are finished, Nestor will contact you regarding payment and shipping.
c12croft
QUOTE(banger @ Jul 2 2009, 12:15 PM) *

The bumpers should be delivered or shipped to the bumper shop around July 13th. Anytime in this week is fine. If you are shipping your bumpers, please include your name, address and all contact details. Please also put a tag or tape on your bumpers with your name on them. Ship or deliver the bumpers to the following address:

The Bumper Shop
828 E. Florence Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90001

Please make sure that they are sent to Nestors attention. If you are bringing them in person, please speak to him, since he will be handling this for us. When the bumpers are finished, Nestor will contact you regarding payment and shipping.

Is it too late to get in?
Correction, can I locate a 72/73 set decent enough to get re-chromed here for a backdate project?
Anyone?
thanks
banger
Still time to get in. Just bring or send the bumpers to the bumper shop the week of the 13th.

QUOTE(c12croft @ Jul 5 2009, 07:15 PM) *

QUOTE(banger @ Jul 2 2009, 12:15 PM) *

The Bumper Shop
828 E. Florence Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90001

Is it too late to get in?
Correction, can I locate a 72/73 set decent enough to get re-chromed here for a backdate project?
Anyone?
thanks

banger
To everyone interested in the deal, Monday the 13th is when the bumpers should be brought into the bumper shop. Please make sure that you speak to Nestor, and tell him that the bumpers are for the Porsche deal.
ellisor3
QUOTE(banger @ Jul 9 2009, 01:38 AM) *

To everyone interested in the deal, Monday the 13th is when the bumpers should be brought into the bumper shop. Please make sure that you speak to Nestor, and tell him that the bumpers are for the Porsche deal.

Sent mine out FedEX to the shop yesterday. They are on the way.
Thanks again for putting this together. beerchug.gif
TravisNeff
I shipped mine today, will be there on Wed.
banger
Your bumpers arrived, safe and sound..

QUOTE(ellisor3 @ Jul 9 2009, 05:29 AM) *

QUOTE(banger @ Jul 9 2009, 01:38 AM) *

Sent mine out FedEX to the shop yesterday. They are on the way.
Thanks again for putting this together. beerchug.gif

banger
Time to bring the bumpers in! So far there are only 4 there, time for the rest of you to get them in.
914_teener
I am taking mine in tommorrow. I suffered from some creeping elegance
914_teener
QUOTE(914_teener @ Jul 14 2009, 11:36 PM) *

I am taking mine in tommorrow. I suffered from some creeping elegance

Okay... took mine in today. Nestor was a heck of a nice guy. My quess is it may be one of the last chroming shops left in the greater LA area. They even had 3 AAA bumpers for some teeners that George hasn't picked up yet.

I took a turn taking my bumper off.... turned out it was pretty wrinkled and actually one of the tit had pushed it in on one side.

Nestor said he could take it all out. Took some before pics and will post afterwards when I get it back. Thought about plugging the license plate holes. He wanted 15 bucks each. Knowing my luck I would get a ticket after having em plugged so I decided to get a couple of CRES carridge bolts.

Rob
TravisNeff
Nestor called me yesterday to tell me mine had arrived. Thanks again Banger!
banger
I hate to sound like everyone's nagging mother, but we are still waiting for some bumpers... Also if anyone else wants to get in on the deal, ship or bring your bumpers into the bumper shop as soon as you can.
Gint
I've been too busy to get one shipped.

How much does he get to close up bumper tit holes? I have two fronts that need some straightening, one with holes and one without. The one without holes needs more straightening, so it might be a wash.
banger
I believe it is $15 or20 per hole.

QUOTE(Gint @ Jul 19 2009, 11:32 AM) *

I've been too busy to get one shipped.

How much does he get to close up bumper tit holes? I have two fronts that need some straightening, one with holes and one without. The one without holes needs more straightening, so it might be a wash.

914_teener
I went ahead and broke down and ordered a new rubber molding from Mike914 (Mark). Hoping while my creeping elegance with other stuff that the other guys get their bumpers in so by the time my parts are delivered, can start putting things back together. It will be interesting to see the difference between the OEM back moulding that I got a while back and his mold.

After seeing what happened to the AA car that burt to the ground, think I will replace ALL fuel lines while I wait. That was a purty car.
beer.gif

DonnyT
If you still need more, I have 2. Just found out about this.
Or I'll sign up for the next group if there is one.
Thanks,
Donny Thompson
Solvang, Ca.
rufescens@aol.com
Gint
Mine went out priority mail this afternoon.
DonnyT
I spoke with Nestor yesterday to see if it was too late to still get in. He said no problem, just send them. So I pulled both bumpers and they went out on UPS today, should be there by 5pm tomorrow.
Thanks for putting it together.
Don
TravisNeff
Has anyone got an update from the bumper shop? popcorn[1].gif
Gint
I called Monday to ask if he'd received my bumper and he said he got it but hadn't looked at it yet. He was going to call back Tuesday, but I haven't heard anything yet.
914_teener
I picked mine up today..... purty.

Gonna take some pictures. I saw a couple there 914 bumpers plus a black one.

piratenanner.gif
banger
Your bumpers are boxed up and ready to ship.

QUOTE(DonnyT @ Jul 29 2009, 11:13 PM) *

I spoke with Nestor yesterday to see if it was too late to still get in. He said no problem, just send them. So I pulled both bumpers and they went out on UPS today, should be there by 5pm tomorrow.
Thanks for putting it together.
Don

banger
I picked up my bumpers today, and engine grill. The back bumper is one that I had rechromed. the front bumper was originally black, and it was stripped and chromed. The engine grill was originally black. I had it stripped and chromed as well.
IPB Image

IPB Image
IPB Image
banger
IPB Image
IPB Image
Gint
I talked with Nestor yesterday. Ha said the beat early front bumper I sent didn't need welding and he'd get it done for the $250 price. The entire front plate area was beat in. We'll see...
914_teener
Ha... I saw that one there Gint. It was pretty beat up. I took my picture in the garage at night.. can't really tell the difference berfore after...... not very good pictures- but as for the bumpers there are no ripples in them now. I'll post them anyway. All said and done, for the price I think it was a great job. Not concours stuff but my intention for a weekend driver... good enough for me given the wrinkles I had on my front bumper.

beerchug.gif
914_teener
Ok.. here are the pictures, and friggin shiza... I drop the camera and screwed it up headbang.gif

I got the new bumper top from mikey 914. That part was the shiz for the money. You can see in the picture showing the ripples in my front were pretty bad. Gint's bumper was worse. Sorry the after pictures aren't great but it was every bit as good as bangers,(Chris)

Thanks for setting up the deal Chris. driving-girl.gif I'll post some in the sun .....given a different camera now. Anybody know what to do when the jpegs. are over the limit size on this site?

Click to view attachment

914_teener
before front i hope

Click to view attachment
914_teener
and after..... really can tell cause of flash sorry.

Click to view attachment
914_teener

Just my last post on this. Here is a pic... hope it loads okay of my car after the redone bumper. The new bumper top pad is from Mikey914. Once I get all the new rubber on, it'll be time to strip it off and repaint! lol-2.gif headbang.gif

Click to view attachment
Gint
Wow. That looks great! If they can straighten that, mine should look pretty good.

I thought it might be here Friday, but it didn't show. Should on the front porch after I get back from PullnSave later this afternoon.
Sleepin
QUOTE(Gint @ Aug 17 2009, 08:02 AM) *

Wow. That looks great! If they can straighten that, mine should look pretty good.

I thought it might be here Friday, but it didn't show. Should on the front porch after I get back from PullnSave later this afternoon.

So I can come over Friday or Saturday? smile.gif
Gint
The painted bumpers for you have been off my car for over a week. Unless you want a late chrome set for a little more $$ and/or trade bait. We'll need to discuss that offline though.

Still waiting for that brown truck...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.