Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Headlight assembly
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PanelBilly

Pull the headlight wires into the bucket

Click to view attachment

These are the headlight wires without the plastic shield on them.

Click to view attachment

Connect the works of the headlight hardaware to the cover

Click to view attachment
PanelBilly
Screw in the stop bolt. Clean the threads before and it will adjust much easier to make adjustments

Click to view attachment

Screw in the lock bolt on the back side

Click to view attachment

If you painted the car, clean the ground connection. Note on newer models it is a clip on fitting

Click to view attachment
PanelBilly
Push on the rubber shield for the turn light and side light wires. Pull them through

Click to view attachment

Slip the headlight cover assembly into the bucket. Note that it slips into a notch toward the outside of the car first. Secure with plate and screws in fender well

Click to view attachment

The secure the inside pivot

Click to view attachment
PanelBilly
Slip the boot on the back of the bucket and push the bar though from the back. Connect it to the pivot point on the headlight assembly.

Click to view attachment

Push the relay socket into place

Click to view attachment

While holding the plate that the boot fits to in place, put the motor in place. You either need three hands here or be good at multitasking.

Click to view attachment
PanelBilly
Locate the headlight cover in the closed position and tighten the center bolt with the bar in the farthest point in rotation. Connect your wires.

Click to view attachment

Screw on the headlight shields and the black covers on the inside of the trunk.

Click to view attachment

all done.
6freak
RIGHT ON BILLY ... piratenanner.gif let me know if you need a hand with anything

....You mite want to stop though i seen a blemish in the paint so you have to sand down the whole car and respray it poke.gif
PanelBilly
Hey one of the headlight covers hasn't been cut and buffed yet! I'll need to go back and do that after a few months.
FourBlades
That is a great sequence of pictures.

Your car looks super nice.... drooley.gif

Classic thread????

John
RiqueMar
Nice. Hey, what year is your car? I only ask because I tried to put on those late rubber boots that I grabbed off a 75', but it wouldn't fit on my 70'?
PanelBilly
QUOTE(RiqueMar @ Jun 24 2009, 01:57 PM) *

Nice. Hey, what year is your car? I only ask because I tried to put on those late rubber boots that I grabbed off a 75', but it wouldn't fit on my 70'?

Born 1973 reborn 2009 or maybe 2010 or uh TBD?
tod914
Awesome job Billy. Can't wait to see the finished car. Dig the white head lamp covers too.
Strudelwagon
Thanks Billy,
I was scratching my head a bit and then I found your thread. Huge help pray.gif
SW
smveril
My 73 2.0 L is also being restored. I removed many parts but the restoration shop removed the headlights. I put the headlight motors back in but I may be missing parts for the headlights themselves.

Do I have all the pieces (besides the white cover, which I have)?Click to view attachment
Eric_Shea
For the most part. How about the armature? 1st and 3rd pictures in Post #4. 1st picture in post #5. You'll also need backing plates and M6 Hex caps. Pictures 2 and 3 in post #3
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.