Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rim fitment
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ltr450Cam
What is the max rim size without rolling the fenders and with rolling them. I couldn't find anything on google
tat2dphreak
welcome to the board!

I think about 7" wide is max for close to stock, IIRC maybe 8" on the rear. a search will tell you what I can't remember... I just wanted to welcome you!

70Sixter
Yes, WELCOME!

And the max wheel size depends on several factors like offset (or the easier for me to understand - backspacing). Also tires of the same size do not always have the same dimensions.

Offset is measure from the wheel center line. Backspace from the mounting surface to the inner rim.

Lowered cars usually increase the likelihood of tires rubbing somewhere.

The 7" 911R wheel probably works because the backspacing sets it inboard. I'd think normal 7s would be tough.

But 914s are not all the same, nor even the same on left and right sides.
carr914
QUOTE(70Sixter @ Jun 25 2009, 05:24 PM) *

Yes, WELCOME!

The 7" 911R wheel probably works because the backspacing sets it inboard. I'd think normal 7s would be tough.

But a 911R wheel will cost more than a lot of 914s. Regular 7"s will work, but you can't go crazy wide on the tire, probably 205/50/15s

T.C.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.