Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ambitious new parts manufacturing program
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(914_teener @ Jul 1 2009, 11:42 PM) *

George,

Still waiting for the 1.7 air cleaner to throttle body elbow mold that I ordered last November?

Thanks... ?

we have them must have been overlooked or canceled as it was too old!
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(MDG @ Jul 5 2009, 06:53 PM) *

QUOTE(tod914 @ Jul 5 2009, 07:59 PM) *

There is a guy on ebay that makes billet versions. $89? I think. Also advertised on the Samba.

I know those as well; good, better than nothing, but not quite right, The shape is wrong.

I second some new center caps George; everyone with any of the factory alloys probably needs at least one; I need 4 and would probably buy 8

we have some new ones. Will be in the special to be mass mailed in the middle of July. Nice new product for us.
kart54
I don't need them because I bought most of the good stock that was available when I found out they were NLA, but the hose that runs from the airflow meter to the throttle body on the 1.7 fuel injection. If you run SCCA or Vintage as a road racer in a class that requires stock pieces on the inlet side of things then you need this. Most of them I have seen have been cracked in the bellows portion of the hose due to age and vibration. People have resorted to fixing them with Shoe Goo or Black silicone.
The last new one was sold by Porsche in Germany to a mechanic in Ventura, CA 3 years ago and went on a customer's car. I tracked it down trying to buy it.
I bought a number of good used ones to have in the race spares box. (thanks to Cap'n krusty and Nate Breitling among others)

Kart54
SCCA G prod road racing Porsche 914
Pat Garvey
Chrome bumper plugs. I'm easy! Oh yeah, the throttle body seal for a 1.7.
Pat
MDG
Excellent news on the center caps, George! Sheesh, my seconding of Paul's center cap idea worked so well I'll give it another shot . . .

I second Pat's chrome bumper plugs too.
carr914
How about a pre-made Hell-Hole Patch

T.C.

Click to view attachment
r_towle
QUOTE(MDG @ Jul 6 2009, 09:37 PM) *

Excellent news on the center caps, George! Sheesh, my seconding of Paul's center cap idea worked so well I'll give it another shot . . .

Try a decent plumbing shop.
Stainless steel sink plugs...
Before you skoff...go take a look.

RIch
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(r_towle @ Jul 7 2009, 07:56 PM) *

QUOTE(MDG @ Jul 6 2009, 09:37 PM) *

Try a decent plumbing shop.
Stainless steel sink plugs...
Before you skoff...go take a look.

RIch

OK, so I took a look. I'll wait for George.
Katmanken
Trunk lock cylinders....

Most of the ones I 've seen are pitted and worn- including the two I have.

Ken
Van914
George,
How about a passanger side mirror with a convex lens. I bought your reproduction last year and I mounted it yesterday. Looks great. I just wish it had the lens.
Thanks
Van
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.