Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Heater control cables
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PanelBilly
Click to view attachment

After attempting to get everything adjusted right on while in place, I decided to pull it out and hook it up on the floor. That way I could tweek each cable adjustment so the flaps all worked togeather and the controls opened and closed when they were in the full right and full left position. After marking the wires on the control boxes I can take it apart and reinstall it in the car in the same spot. Anybody who's pulled these units all the way apart should reassemble on the bench first.

geniusanthony
Are you making sure to mark where the cables are clamped down before you dissassemble? That way everything should go back together as you intend. Great project by the way.
Gint
I have a set I pulled from a 72 that I left connected and intact. Let me know if you need pics or something.
RiqueMar
QUOTE(Gint @ Jul 3 2009, 07:48 AM) *

I have a set I pulled from a 72 that I left connected and intact. Let me know if you need pics or something.

Hey Gint, I'm at about the same place too, mind posting that pic?
PanelBilly
I put masking tape on the cable sheild and on the wires to mark them. Disconnected the control panel from the assembly and then installed it again in the car. Worked great.
Gint
QUOTE(RiqueMar @ Jul 3 2009, 09:13 AM) *
QUOTE(Gint @ Jul 3 2009, 07:48 AM) *
Hey Gint, I'm at about the same place too, mind posting that pic?

Sure. I have some other odds and ends to get done today before it gets hot. I'll get it in a couple-3 hours.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.