Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rogue Wires
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
saigon71
1974/4 factory fuel injection. I have a white wire that comes out of the harness with the three wire distributor plug. Have searched high & low but can not figure out where it goes (see picture). Also, I have a broken black wire on the non-condenser side of the coil that is connected to another black wire out of the harness. Any ideas? Thanks.

Click to view attachment
ejm
Single white wire goes to the thermoswitch for the cold start valve. Pic of the other wire might be helpful.
saigon71
QUOTE(ejm @ Jul 3 2009, 09:37 PM) *

Single white wire goes to the thermoswitch for the cold start valve. Pic of the other wire might be helpful.

Thanks for the info...will post pic of the other wire as soon as I get a chance.
qa1142
is you car a 1.8L or 2.0L?

Completely different FI systems....
ejm
QUOTE(qa1142 @ Jul 5 2009, 10:33 AM) *

L-jet does not have the 3 wire plug to the distributor he mentions....

I have a white wire that comes out of the harness with the three wire distributor plug
saigon71
QUOTE(ejm @ Jul 5 2009, 11:14 AM) *

QUOTE(qa1142 @ Jul 5 2009, 10:33 AM) *

L-jet does not have the 3 wire plug to the distributor he mentions....

I have a white wire that comes out of the harness with the three wire distributor plug

It is a 2.0. Here is a picture of the coil wire that is broken. Photo was shot looking into the engine bay from the passenger side. There is a broken black wire crimped into the same connector as another black wire on the right side of the coil. The non-broken black wire feeds into the wiring harness with three other wires, another black one, a green & red one, and a white one. Still trying to figure out where the broken black wire goes. Thanks.
Click to view attachment
Dave_Darling
Tach signal wire. Plugs into the coil (-) terminal. Look carefully for a purple stripe on the wire; that means it's definitely the tach signal wire.

--DD
cwpeden
Everyone should have one of these on their desktop:
http://members.rennlist.com/914_wiring_har...rnDia_FI_GA.jpg

and one of these:
http://members.rennlist.com/914_wiring_har...a_IGN_73-76.jpg

if you have a 2.0L of course....
(thanks Jeff)

So to answer your question, white wire = thermotime switch. Its on a bracket under the intake runners.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.