Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: weak voltage on 3rd pin ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jimkelly
i am getting weak voltage on this third pin on my relay board - with key tuned in the on position?? i am trying to trouble shoot why my fuel pump is not getting power. jim
ghuff
I am considering soaking my relay board and fuse panel in a bucket of white vinegar overnight just because.

Simply cleaning grounds in the engine bay made my 914 run better, looking at the contacts was depressing. The black undercoating was coming off my relay panel and some of the contacts I could see where corroding.

Your feed to that pin is probably crap, or internally the panel feed to that pin is corroded my guess?

jimkelly
i am pretty sure i read that some people cover the underside with epoxy. i wish all the how to threads were cataloged some how : (

my damn haynes lists the diagram for the relay board as part 3 - but has no breakdown of the pins for part 3 : (

jim
type47
QUOTE(jimkelly @ Jul 5 2009, 01:25 PM) *

my damn haynes lists the diagram for the relay board as part 3 - but has no breakdown of the pins for part 3 : (

jim

you need to look at the relay board diagram on pelican.

http://www.pelicanparts.com/914/parts/Elec...lectric_73E.jpg

I think that has at least color wiring to all the different pins. A color current path schematic is there also.
The Haynes also ID's item #1 as a 12 pin connector when clearly, it's a 14 pin.
Dave_Darling
I believe that Haynes has diagrams of the relay board in with the electrical diagrams as well.

--DD
904svo
QUOTE(jimkelly @ Jul 5 2009, 10:41 AM) *

i am getting weak voltage on this third pin on my relay board - with key tuned in the on position?? i am trying to trouble shoot why my fuel pump is not getting power. jim

That's pin #5 (tack lead) if you open the points it should read 12 volts. Chances are the 25 amp fuse contacts are dirty this supply power to the fuel pump relay
and the pump.
anderssj
Jim,

Here are a couple of relay board "cheat sheets" I made a while back--maybe they will help . . . .

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Best,

Steve A-

jimkelly
thanks!

i converted them to jpg in case it helps anyone.
jimkelly
14 pin
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.