Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: sweet.pretty sure my "temp" 1.8 is a fresh rebuild
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mueller
Picked up a 1.8 dirt cheap to throw in the car until my 2.0 is finished....upon looking at the motor (externally so far), it just dawned on me that it has been rebuilt...or it appears so...the black powdercoated fan housing and black powerdercoated intake tubes/plenum seem to point in that direction.....

also, when looking at the heads from the sparkplug access holes, the heads are amazingly clean........

this weekend I'll be replacing all the pushrod tube seals as well as the case/flywheel seals to play it safe leakage wise.......

now the big question is do I throw my 1.8 L-jet FI on it or "convert" this one to use my extra Megasquirt???? smash.gif
type47
megasquirt so i could learn how to do it to my 1.8 laugh.gif
GWN7
Which way will get you back on the road faster?
fiid
If your L-jet is plug and play, then plug and play.

Otherwise I would MS.
Mueller
it's a toss up to which one would be easier....if you've seen my garage finding all of the L-Jet parts will be "challanging", LOL

actually, from the looks of the new motor, all i need is the dual relay and the AFM which I know i have, I just hope I have the hose that goes from the AFM to the throttle body..that is not an item I'd want to buy........
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.