Dijon ketchup!
dinomium
only the finest Dijon Catsup...
I'd buy you Jon Merrick's remains!
effutuo101
slap.gif
ROTFLOL!

Shenanigans!

You know Dino, at this rate we will get nothing done.
stirthepot.gif
messix
Dino i'll be in tacoma this saturday if you wanna meet up and get that caliper for FREE .... ?!
dinomium
Tacoma? Smell ya later! HA
Call me later @ 260-856-1785
messix
QUOTE(dinomium @ Jul 9 2009, 06:04 PM) *

Tacoma? Smell ya later! HA
Call me later @ 260-856-1785

you betcha..

mikey has a bunch of the stuff you need too.
greenie
QUOTE(dinomium @ Jul 8 2009, 10:08 AM) *

Most likely it was rubbing, and I want to try to stay positive here, but at the same time I am so tired of disappointments stemming from this car.
You guys have worked as hard as I have trying to get this car on the road. In the nearly 3 years, it has made two drives longer than a few miles.
The list of improbable events are:
Windshield slid out onto the hood
Ball Joint stem broke
Exhaust boss in head broke
wedge pin sheared of (somebody over torqued that one)
Headlight wiring loom melted (pre light upgrade)
Passenger door lock assemble disintegrated in my hand
Stripped taco plate screw
Stripped intake stud

Add the ripped interior, rust bubbles, sloppy shift linkage and more plus the current damage, I just don't think I have it in me to fix it all again just to have it back on Jack Stands in another six months.

Nice list Dino, made me laugh! smile.gif

My unsolicited advice , just step back from the car for awhile.

It's hard to think positively about these things while looking for a paycheck, if you don't hit a few down times it's hard to appreciate the good ones.

Better times are ahead! beerchug.gif
sixnotfour
you can do it
dinomium
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Jul 9 2009, 07:23 PM) *

you can do it

Rob Schneider? Is that you???

dinomium
QUOTE(greenie @ Jul 9 2009, 06:40 PM) *

QUOTE(dinomium @ Jul 8 2009, 10:08 AM) *

Most likely it was rubbing, and I want to try to stay positive here, but at the same time I am so tired of disappointments stemming from this car.
You guys have worked as hard as I have trying to get this car on the road. In the nearly 3 years, it has made two drives longer than a few miles.
The list of improbable events are:
Windshield slid out onto the hood
Ball Joint stem broke
Exhaust boss in head broke
wedge pin sheared of (somebody over torqued that one)
Headlight wiring loom melted (pre light upgrade)
Passenger door lock assemble disintegrated in my hand
Stripped taco plate screw
Stripped intake stud

Add the ripped interior, rust bubbles, sloppy shift linkage and more plus the current damage, I just don't think I have it in me to fix it all again just to have it back on Jack Stands in another six months.

Nice list Dino, made me laugh! smile.gif

My unsolicited advice , just step back from the car for awhile.

It's hard to think positively about these things while looking for a paycheck, if you don't hit a few down times it's hard to appreciate the good ones.

Better times are ahead! beerchug.gif

Thanks for the sage like advice. I have locked the garage and the car will sit in there for the summer at least.
After that, we will have to see if I have any interest in bringing it back from the pile yet again
rhodyguy
these cars are so great! i've told where you could find a little sympathy previously. jeanne wants either a late model miata or sky/solstice.
dinomium
I do like the Sky, it is very!
6freak
One word ....GAY lol-2.gif ...come on man dont give up on your 914...Its only gonna cost time to fix it.And we will all chip in something to get it go`n
dinomium
If Tim Gunn delivers me a Sky, then I guess it will time to start speaking with a lisp. Not that there is anything wrong with that!

The dollars are a factor, but I have been Chasing the Dragon for many years.
I am weary of the constant rust, quirky issues and ect... Really the only enjoyment I have from 914s is this site and the people. The car itself has drained me!
dinomium
All four of them over the last 6 years!
dinomium
Well the prelim Post Mortum on the car is in. Aside from the fact that I am a shitty mechanic and a menace to myself and others, the news is not all bad
1 Engine is tiered but serviceable. Compression is way down
2 Passenger side carb linkage connection rod came off, most likely the cause of the loss of power feeling

3 No damage to the HE, Engine Mounting bar and nuts

4 The body is messed up on the lower fender and sort of flared out the back end

messix
cheer.gif thats great news!

you can fix it! Dino the builder!
DNHunt
You are right about it being good news. I think I'll have beer to celebrate even if it's before noon. Even more good news, that gives me an excuse not go whack blackberries down. Thanks Dino.
dinomium
QUOTE(DNHunt @ Jul 11 2009, 12:39 PM) *

You are right about it being good news. I think I'll have beer to celebrate even if it's before noon. Even more good news, that gives me an excuse not go whack blackberries down. Thanks Dino.

Glad to help, Dave. Have another for Mark Webber getting his first Pole at the Ring!
Todd Enlund
QUOTE(dinomium @ Jul 11 2009, 12:57 PM) *

Glad to help, Dave. Have another for Mark Webber getting his first Pole at the Ring!

Mark was in tears on the radio on his cool down lap. Awesome.

So, Dino... now that you have flared fenders, you'll need bigger wheels?
dinomium
QUOTE(Todd Enlund @ Jul 11 2009, 02:03 PM) *

QUOTE(dinomium @ Jul 11 2009, 12:57 PM) *

Mark was in tears on the radio on his cool down lap. Awesome.

So, Dino... now that you have flared fenders, you'll need bigger wheels?

sadly, just the one...
dinomium
some carnage pixs...
messix
that'll buff out
sixnotfour
looks like your prides hurt more than the car, man up , put on your ferrari shirt and go for a short drive, topless.

I say short so it can be a victory lap.
dinomium
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Jul 12 2009, 12:22 AM) *

looks like your prides hurt more than the car, man up , put on your ferrari shirt and go for a short drive, topless.

I say short so it can be a victory lap.

Har
I have not taken off the wheel yet to see the damage there, but it seems to be not as bad as I first thought...
sixnotfour
Har
I have not taken off the wheel yet to see the damage there, but it seems to be not as bad as I first thought...

Good idea , do you have the right length lug bolts for the fuchs ?
sixnotfour
popcorn[1].gif
dinomium
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Jul 12 2009, 10:08 AM) *

Har

Good idea , do you have the right length lug bolts for the fuchs ?

I did at one time unsure.gif I am missing a couple now.
Pretty sure the brakes are toast as I needed a BFH to beat the rotor back into align the bolt holes.
6freak
I have all you need even the finder ....cut and paste
effutuo101
Hey Dino,
Mark Webber won. So, chance are good that you are done with the bad stuff. He even took a stop and go.
dinomium
QUOTE(effutuo101 @ Jul 13 2009, 08:57 AM) *

Hey Dino,
Mark Webber won. So, chance are good that you are done with the bad stuff. He even took a stop and go.

First Obama wins the White House, now Webber wins a GP? Is it a new world era or the dawn of the Apocalypse?

I see a light at the end of the tunnel now, some one please tell me it's not a train.

I say those are the jokes, son.
Git on a chair, all the good stuff is gonin over yer head!
McMark
I have a used rotor I can mail you.
dinomium
QUOTE(McMark @ Jul 13 2009, 10:37 AM) *

I have a used rotor I can mail you.

Thanks, Mark, If I do go ahead and start fixing stuff, I think I can get a rotor for not much more than the shipping cost.

I have said it before, you guys are awesome!
dinomium
Merry Christmas, all!
I just took off the wheel for the first time since the July spaz out. Rotor is toast, caliper broke instead of the mounting ear and the dust ruffle. That and the bent fender is about the total damage.
SO!
I have a caliper and pads, I guess I need to find a rotor and dust do hicky and stop being a lil bitch a go for a birthday drive at the end of the month...
Cheers,
messix
merry christmas!

love ya brother grouphug.gif
plas76targa
Dino - I'll add a Merry Christmas too! I just read through this whole thread. Keep the positive approach and fight the battles in small skirmishes!
914werke
Drive on over here an PU those pieces up. You can visit with Ugmo!
effutuo101
Hiya Rich! Been busy.

Dino, You can give Ugmo a xmas hug. I am sure he misses you.
dinomium
QUOTE(rdauenhauer @ Dec 20 2009, 09:36 AM) *

Drive on over here an PU those pieces up. You can visit with Ugmo!

Thanks to Rich, I now have all the parts to put the green car back together. Ugmo looked happy under cover.
I geuss here we go again. headbang.gif stirthepot.gif happy11.gif
dinomium
Well I put the rotor back on and started up the car. The wheels spin true and I was very surprised that everything was not bent up...
The caliper that I had on the shelf is leaking from the vent adjust screw and is 'dragging' so it might need a rebuild.
DNHunt
Dino

Good to see you back on board. You guys have a good Christmas.

Dave
sixnotfour
Happy Holidays santa_smiley.gif

Breakfast ? I think you need a group hug
dinomium
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Dec 24 2009, 08:49 AM) *

Happy Holidays santa_smiley.gif

Breakfast ? I think you need a group hug

Now be honest, you need a hug too, don't cha, there big guy....

Sunday, the 3rd for breakfast somewhere? Could be good...
Dr. Roger
Dino,

Look at my signature. =-) I know how you feel. Hope wanes. Then you talk to some 914 buddies and hope returns. smile.gif

"I'm selling it"!! dry.gif slap.gif

Now I think I'll keep the 914 knowing as long as I keep building my business, in spite of my current financial "situation", I will recover and the 914 will be waiting for me. That is a good thing and gives me something to look forward to in spite of being broke.

I like what my friend Fred said. "Quit *ucking around and make some money will ya'". chair.gif

You can do it!
happy11.gif driving.gif aktion035.gif
dinomium
Well a year and almost a month later, the green car rolled out of the garage and was stared! I had my nieghbor help me bleed the brakes and the I adjusted the points and drove the car

back into the garage! I really do not like the hex bar linkage. It is sloppy. I also started the car in gear as I forgot how much play the tranny linkage has!
LOL!
Might try to drive it downtown tomorrow night...
KELTY360
It's a miracle!

smilie_pokal.gif
dinomium
I know! After re visiting this post, I must be mental to even try. I guess no brains, no headaches!
Root_Werks
blink.gif

You have a running 914?

av-943.gif
messix
what are you scared of???? slap.gif

come on and drive that thing to the swap meet!!!

and then really test your luck and drive it to the bbq!!!

Nürburg Nomad
QUOTE(dinomium @ Aug 6 2010, 01:52 AM) *

Well a year and almost a month later, the green car rolled out of the garage and was stared! I had my nieghbor help me bleed the brakes and the I adjusted the points and drove the car

back into the garage! I really do not like the hex bar linkage. It is sloppy. I also started the car in gear as I forgot how much play the tranny linkage has!
LOL!
Might try to drive it downtown tomorrow night...

Woot! Drive the Teener downtown and show it off! Don't forget to remove the targa! driving.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.