Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who has the best gas lift for the rear trunk?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PanelBilly
I give up on those bars. Pain in the ass and I made the notched bar out of a cresent wrench and still can't get them in place. So who makes the best gas cyclinder kits?
dlo914
http://camp914.com/products.html
montoya 73 2.0
I'm using Camp914 and they work great.

"Camp914"
Bruce Hinds
I made my own a few years ago when I had some worn out ones on the bench from a Bronco II we had. They're a little stronger than I probably need, but I put latches on the trunk lid to hold the top so I don't have to lift that up to put things under. Now the top stays with the trunk lid.
The 90 degree bracket you'll need can be had at the salvage yard, the door on the Bronco has them bolted on.
jt914-6
Camp 914......have a set on mine and am using a fiberglass decklid.
SirAndy
QUOTE(montoya 73 2.0 @ Jul 12 2009, 12:56 PM) *

I'm using Camp914 and they work great.

agree.gif
r_towle
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Jul 12 2009, 04:38 PM) *

I give up on those bars. Pain in the ass and I made the notched bar out of a cresent wrench and still can't get them in place. So who makes the best gas cyclinder kits?

long extension with a deep 10mm socket does the trick.
Use the crecent wrench just to get it started off the back so you can get the socket over the end.
from there you have full control.

Tape everything up...

Rich
Kargeek
Click to view attachment
I fabricated mine using 944 rear hatch shocks...
RiqueMar
Def go with the Camp914 ones. Everything is really easy, comes with instructions, etc...
gopack
You DO know that you need to cut a little metal out to get them to work right? That is why I probably WON'T do it!

Click to view attachment
montoya 73 2.0
QUOTE(gopack @ Jul 13 2009, 11:43 AM) *

You DO know that you need to cut a little metal out to get them to work right? That is why I probably WON'T do it!

Click to view attachment

I didn't cut it out, I just made the two vertical cuts and bent the metal down treated and painted. Just in case I wanted to go back to stock later I could weld it back up.

tracks914
Camp914 front and back. (None available yet for the engine lid confused24.gif )
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.