Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Throttle Body 1.7 DJet -- Stock screw setting?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kpfoten

Hi,

Was wondering if there was a stock setting for the idle screw on the throttle body of a 1.7 Djet? Just want to make sure it's in the right spot...

(i.e. all the way clockwise and then counterclockwise two full turns)
type47
I don't think there is a stock setting, just a correct setting.
JoeSharp
The idle screw is supposed to control the idle speed. If it does not control the idle you prolly have a vacume leak.
Rand
If the fuel mixture is set correctly on the ECU, and the knob on the throttle body affects idle speed as you turn it, just dial it in to <900rpms or so and be done. :-)
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(Rand @ Jul 13 2009, 05:53 PM) *

If the fuel mixture is set correctly on the ECU, and the knob on the throttle body affects idle speed as you turn it, just dial it in to <900rpms or so and be done. :-)

Right On!
Millerwelds
QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Jul 13 2009, 06:26 PM) *

QUOTE(Rand @ Jul 13 2009, 05:53 PM) *

Right On!

Alright, newbie question: How do you know if the fuel mixture setting is correct? And is that the starting point for tuning or do you start with adjusting the valves, check timing, etc? huh.gif
orange914
QUOTE(Millerwelds @ Jul 13 2009, 06:17 PM) *

Alright, newbie question: How do you know if the fuel mixture setting is correct? And is that the starting point for tuning or do you start with adjusting the valves, check timing, etc? huh.gif

valves first... incorrect settings will effect driveability/idle quality/speed
kpfoten

Great! Thanks. I dialed it down. The car idles great.

BTW, always check your points (if you have 'em) -- I got a bum set of Bosch points (the faces weren't mating square). I wonder if I can bend them back in place? Anyway, I got a set of non-Bosch from my FLAPS which should hold me over...

Now for the fine tuning. I've got a Gunson analyzer so hopefully I should be able to get the mix just right...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.