Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Subaru EJ25D Core Free To Good Home
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
ArtechnikA
From the Forester Thread:

I have a '97 EJ25D (~165HP stock) core engine available.

The only part of the engine I'm iffy on is the heads may be warped. I donno. - they don't seal to the water jacket when hot, but it'll idle all day long. Complete less a few trinkets - my replacement engine came without the stupid hose to the throttle body and I pulled the engine _again_ thinking it was some cylinder seal issue (but it was easier to replace the stupid hose with the engine out...). And the EGR valve on the replacement was squashed so I cannibalised it from the original.

Everything else is in 'as-removed' condition.

I will deliver within a hundred mi or so of SEPA - I'm changing storage units and I have to move it _somewhere_ - it's just a matter of how far it goes before being unloaded...

It's basically a long block with induction. You might have to resurface or replace heads (i'm told there is not much material for resurfacing these heads) but everything else is there.
Gigamight
QUOTE(ArtechnikA @ Jul 19 2009, 11:54 AM) *

From the Forester Thread:

I have a '97 EJ25D (~165HP stock) core engine available.

The only part of the engine I'm iffy on is the heads may be warped. I donno. - they don't seal to the water jacket when hot, but it'll idle all day long. Complete less a few trinkets - my replacement engine came without the stupid hose to the throttle body and I pulled the engine _again_ thinking it was some cylinder seal issue (but it was easier to replace the stupid hose with the engine out...). And the EGR valve on the replacement was squashed so I cannibalised it from the original.

Everything else is in 'as-removed' condition.

I will deliver within a hundred mi or so of SEPA - I'm changing storage units and I have to move it _somewhere_ - it's just a matter of how far it goes before being unloaded...

It's basically a long block with induction. You might have to resurface or replace heads (i'm told there is not much material for resurfacing these heads) but everything else is there.

Very generous offer you have there. Where are you exactly, I am near Akron, Ohio.
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(Gigamight @ Jul 19 2009, 05:23 PM) *

Very generous offer you have there. Where are you exactly, I am near Akron, Ohio.

Call it Philadelphia.
400 mi each way, 6-1/2 hours.

More than I can afford to do for free.
I'm glad to work with you on the logistics but that's a bit more than a daytrip for me, and at 16 mpg, about $125 in gas alone...
Gigamight
QUOTE(ArtechnikA @ Jul 19 2009, 08:08 PM) *

QUOTE(Gigamight @ Jul 19 2009, 05:23 PM) *

Call it Philadelphia.
400 mi each way, 6-1/2 hours.

More than I can afford to do for free.
I'm glad to work with you on the logistics but that's a bit more than a daytrip for me, and at 16 mpg, about $125 in gas alone...

I would never assume to have you make the whole trip for me, you are kind to even calculate it. I am about to try and see if I can even get my pallet motor to turn over, I am thinking if I need to put in a different motor, I would love to do a Subie swap. I will hopefully get to looking deeper into my engine this week. I off course don't expect you to hold it for me, but hopefully you will still have it for a few more days. If you don't hear from me, and you remember, could you let me know before it goes to the scrap pile?

I am thinking if we do the trip, maybe I could cover you gas and meet you halfway.

I am also going to do some research into the whole process of the swap. I am new to these cars, so this is even newer territory. Are there any seriously difficult parts of the process that I should be aware of before I begin to think about it more?
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(Gigamight @ Jul 19 2009, 09:02 PM) *

...don't expect you to hold it for me, but hopefully you will still have it for a few more days. If you don't hear from me, and you remember, could you let me know before it goes to the scrap pile?

If someone local were to step up and want it I'd have to consider it but I'll hang on to it - and relocate it to new storage - if I have to.

I am thinking if we do the trip, maybe I could cover you gas and meet you halfway.

I'm flexible.

I am also going to do some research into the whole process of the swap. I am new to these cars, so this is even newer territory. Are there any seriously difficult parts of the process that I should be aware of before I begin to think about it more?

There are Subie conversion threads here - search for them and read up... I think there's a fairly complete kit available but I have not personally researched it. As I mentioned, my core engine is -not- a plug & go - it'll need headwork but all the bottom end was well cared for and adult-driven. And it'll need stuff like the alternator that stayed with the car when I did the swap. And some kind of ECU if you're keeping the stock injection. These parts are available (not from me, but these cars are plentiful...)

But there are motor mounts, transmission adapters, and radiator setups out there.
JazonJJordan
stirthepot.gif Hey fella's;

You can ship by Greyhound too, wrap it up and they ship cross country for less. Ask Dr. Evil for info, as he moves complete transmissions this way- sometimes.

Good luck with the project and if you falter pass the parts back to the group to keep it going like this- nothing like the 914 community...so true.. Thanks! jzn
JazonJJordan
QUOTE(JazonJJordan @ Jul 20 2009, 02:35 PM) *

stirthepot.gif Hey fella's;

You can ship by Greyhound too, wrap it up and they ship cross country for less. Ask Dr. Evil for info, as he moves complete transmissions this way- sometimes.

Good luck with the project and if you falter pass the parts back to the group to keep it going like this- nothing like the 914 community...so true.. Thanks! jzn

shades.gif
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(JazonJJordan @ Jul 20 2009, 02:35 PM) *

You can ship by Greyhound too, wrap it up and they ship cross country for less.

No, you can't.
Greyhound won't touch it if it weighs more than 100 lbs.

Ask Dr. Evil for info, as he moves complete transmissions this way- sometimes.

a 901 is less than 100 lbs.
so's a 915 but it's a lot closer.

I figure the EJ25D at close to 300.
SLKWrx
This might fit into my plans very well. I know suby motors a lot better than I know Type IVs and I'm in south jersey. Let me know, I can come around whenever.

Email me through here or skado @ comcast.net

-- Steve
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.