Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tie down/Tow Rear Bumper Connection Late Model
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tyler
I'm not sure of the exact purpose of the threaded hole under the cap on the rear bumper, drivers side. Since it's not very big, I would guess it was for a shipping tie down and not a tow hook.
I'm interested because if I ever need to get hauled up on a flatbed, my front air dam is too low to run a cable under and the rear doesn't have much to hook to that wouldn't screw up the valance.
So I'd like to be able to use this threaded hole to connect a tow hook to from a flatbed.
It's pretty small so I'm trying to find out if anyone has used it and if it would work.
If so, are OEM eyebolts available or does someone know the thread size, offhand.
Thanks,
Mark Henry
It is a tow hook but you can only pull straight back on it and it's not for getting stuck cars out of the mud.
Yes you should have a ring.
Never do what your thinking of doing. Many peeps make tow/flatbed hook rings that they bolt to the lower shock bolt.
SLITS
I used it to tow another 914 that wouldn't start ... it'll work
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.