Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NoVA, MD, DE, PA - 2nd annual BBQ in Frederick
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
plas76targa
Hey 914 gang, I'll host another get together, BBQ and swimming. So bring family too. When? Saturday August 22. Plenty of time to plan and arrange our schedules (okay maybe). If you've been here before you know the place. I'll post more details as we get closer to the date, but we're basically just north of Frederick, MD off route 15. Zymurgist how's your brew stock? We'll provide the main dish, and ask that you all bring your favorite side dish. We can accommodate overnighters if you want to travel from afar. Don't be shy!

Look forward to seeing you all !

Who's in:
Zymurgist - Ken (1)
Vacca Rabite - Zach (3)
Dr Evil - Mike (1)
Okieflyr - Kevin (2)
Mike Spraggi (1?)
zymurgist
I guess that would be a good opportunity for me to get that grain mill out of your garage, Matt. wink.gif

If Rod shows up, maybe he can take it back to his shop... otherwise I'll take it home myself, even if I have to bungee it to the luggage rack.
VaccaRabite
I cleared this with the wife yesterday.

We will be there, and hopefully Theo will get his first swim in a real sized pool. :-)

I hope that fat assed me does not displace all the water when I jump in.

Zach
VaccaRabite
I also mentioned to Erin that this would be a great shakedown cruise for my car. So now I have to get it running in 2 weeks. And AAA.

Zach
zymurgist
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Jul 30 2009, 12:02 PM) *

I hope that fat assed me does not displace all the water when I jump in.

If I don't send all that water cascading into the grass, I think your bellyflops will be safe.
Dr Evil
You guys make me look thin biggrin.gif
crash914
bummer, We will be on vacation...
zymurgist
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jul 30 2009, 02:47 PM) *

You guys make me look thin biggrin.gif

It's not a beer belly... it's a fuel tank for a sex machine!
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

Is this in place of, or in addtion to the ECC ?

Dave slap.gif
VaccaRabite
In addition too. Matt has hosted a cookout for the past 3 years now.

Zach
ws91420
icon_bump.gif
kenshapiro2002
DAMN...and so close...my mc Semites On Bikes www.semitesonbikes.com (SOB) has our monthly ride that day. Thanks for the invite though...I'm shooting for the ECC.
Ken

QUOTE(plas76targa @ Jul 30 2009, 11:08 AM) *

Hey 914 gang, I'll host another get together, BBQ and swimming. So bring family too. When? Saturday August 22. Plenty of time to plan and arrange our schedules (okay maybe). If you've been here before you know the place. I'll post more details as we get closer to the date, but we're basically just north of Frederick, MD off route 15. Zymurgist how's your brew stock? We'll provide the main dish, and ask that you all bring your favorite side dish. We can accommodate overnighters if you want to travel from afar. Don't be shy!

I will be unavailable over the next few days so Zach and Dr E bump this occasionally please.
Look forward to seeing you all in several weeks!

Dr Evil
QUOTE(crash914 @ Jul 30 2009, 09:41 PM) *

bummer, We will be on vacation...

Bummer, I wanted to jam out with your son this year sad.gif
crash914
for sure, he is getting better and better..

I am about to upload a new video at his web site..

WWW.InkfloMusic.com
Dr Evil
That site is awesome! I was never so lucky when I was his age and playing sad.gif I am jealous.
crash914
It is cool, I am learning how to work with web sites...fun to play around with...
VaccaRabite
Bump to the top.
VaccaRabite
2 weeks away. Hope to see locals there!
okieflyr
Unlike the ECC, I think I can make this one! piratenanner.gif

Besides, It gives me an excuse to listen to my exhaust in the Fort McHenry Tunnel!

Thanks Matt!
Dr Evil
One week away? The 22nd?
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Aug 7 2009, 09:21 PM) *

One week away? The 22nd?

Ummm... Oops. I had it down as the 14th. Mostly cause I am a dope.

Two weeks away.

Zach
VaccaRabite
Der.... Double post
Dr Evil
I wish it were the 14th. I had another engagement that I had to cancel so I could make this one. Family first wub.gif
plas76targa
I'm Baaaaack! Thanks Mike and Zach for keepin this 'active'. Yes two weeks away - 8/22. where are the rest of the NoVA, MD, PA crowd (and those crazy few from further north drunk.gif Ray and company?). Hope to see you all!
type47
I'll be there in spirit, I have family in for a visit. Enjoy! Where's root and angorosa?
fitsbain
I willn't be able to make it.

Sorry guys.
root
Matt

I'm in China and won't be back in time, sorry.

Anybody want me to pickup something for them while in China?

root
Dr Evil
No H1N1 wink.gif
zymurgist
QUOTE(root @ Aug 11 2009, 03:08 AM) *

Matt

root

I don't think customs will let you in with a shitload of fireworks!
okieflyr
Absynth (sp)? beer3.gif

QUOTE(root @ Aug 11 2009, 03:08 AM) *

Matt

root

plas76targa
first post edited with who's in and who's maybe in. Plenty of room for more folks. I'll check but I think Potomac PCA has an autocross on the next morning. Anybody want to try that?
JmuRiz
This one slipped past me for 2 weeks.
Oooo, sounds like fun, I'll see if I can make time to head up there.

A lot depends on how much work I get done in my garage this weekend though (see my post in the 'what other cars do you have' thread). I am cleaning out space to fit the new arrival. It works better than the 914 at present time, so I may drive it.

I'll keep you posted, could you PM me your address?
plas76targa
Nathan - I will PM you the address. Hope you can make it regardless of what you drive.

.. cancel the autocross comment of mine above. PCA Potomac AC is this Sunday 8/15.
okieflyr
Matt, I'm going to be out of town this weekend but still planning to come down for the BBQ. Still unsure if I'm a "1" or " 2" person for this trip at the moment, but will check in as I can.

KB
ghuff
I am heading this way to pickup some minilites for my 914 this weekend of the bbq it turns out, so I will try to stop by on my way back in the GTi.

Unfortunately I can't attend with the 914.

It is on jackstands. It was not on jackstands until I started posting here regularly.

You guys gave me the jackstands, and I passed it to my 914 sad.gif

VaccaRabite
Mike came over, and my 914 roared back to life tonight.

He has a list of stuff that needs to be done to be able to drive it to Matts. We KOed a lot of that stuff this evening.

Zach
zymurgist
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Aug 12 2009, 11:18 PM) *

Mike came over, and my 914 roared back to life tonight.

aktion035.gif
MikeSpraggi
Matt, I'll be there. What do I need to bring? Also, I believe your 924 Turbo neighbors would like to attend.
okieflyr
It looks like Leesa is going to attend with me for this driving.gif burger.gif
It will be good to see the green machine under it's own power Zach!
See everybody Saturday!
VaccaRabite
Yeah. Mike and I plugged leaks (we think) over the weekend. I may take a day off tomorrow to try and get everyhting buttoned back up and adjusted.

Zach
okieflyr
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Aug 17 2009, 09:56 PM) *

Yeah. Mike and I plugged leaks (we think) over the weekend. I may take a day off tomorrow to try and get everyhting buttoned back up and adjusted.

Zach

Nothing like getting a few short trips under the belt to build confidence before a long road trip.
plas76targa
icon_bump.gif Mike S - tell the neighbors to stop by too! Kevin, glad yer brining a co-pilot.. And now we're just 5 days to go. checking the attendee list for food planning, so speak up if we haven't heard from you. Scotty where you bean?

Did I set a time? Katherine would prefer 3pm.. but if yer travellin from afar don' worry about arriving early. We just might put you to work.

JmuRiz - bring that 356!

Folks - PM me if you need the address or directions!
zymurgist
QUOTE(ghuff @ Aug 12 2009, 10:27 PM) *

Unfortunately I can't attend with the 914.

It is on jackstands. It was not on jackstands until I started posting here regularly.

You guys gave me the jackstands, and I passed it to my 914 sad.gif

It's contagious!

IPB Image
ws91420
Unable to make this one. We have one manager out at work so it leaves just me and the store manager. It also means I have to work on my burthday. headbang.gif
type47
QUOTE(zymurgist @ Aug 18 2009, 07:58 AM) *

[
It's contagious!

IPB Image

what is that? .. a Bricklin? De Lorean? Aztek? happy11.gif
zymurgist
QUOTE(type47 @ Aug 18 2009, 12:25 PM) *

Let me know when one of those can bark the tires in at least 3 gears. driving.gif
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(type47 @ Aug 18 2009, 11:25 AM) *

Opel GT. Can't you tell?

Zach
scotty b
Sorry Matt, taint gonna make it. I'm in the process of moving both the shop and myself in the next few weeks. Got 1 car left to get painted before I lose the paint booth for a couple months. Will be buying a NEW one soon hopefully smile.gif Been working 7 days a week for a little over a month now. Took ONE day off in the last 6-8 weeks headbang.gif
jimkelly
paint booth ??

http://delaware.craigslist.org/bfs/1316340302.html

QUOTE(scotty b @ Aug 19 2009, 05:41 PM) *

Sorry Matt, taint gonna make it. I'm in the process of moving both the shop and myself in the next few weeks. Got 1 car left to get painted before I lose the paint booth for a couple months. Will be buying a NEW one soon hopefully smile.gif Been working 7 days a week for a little over a month now. Took ONE day off in the last 6-8 weeks headbang.gif

scotty b
[quote name='jimkelly' date='Aug 19 2009, 05:05 PM' post='1204702']
paint booth ??

http://delaware.craigslist.org/bfs/1316340302.html

cool.gif--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scotty b @ Aug 19 2009, 05:41 PM) *</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
[/quote]
[/quote]

DANKE !! biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.