Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Show me your dual carburetors setup
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
schreiber
In this thread: Show pictures of your dual Weber setups. The more detail, the better.
tat2dphreak
this is how a bad setup looks... unfortunately, it's mine tongue.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Scott S
mine ...
MDG
here's my dual webers smile.gif

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
craig downs
Here some dual Dells

Click to view attachment
zymurgist
QUOTE(MDG @ Aug 1 2009, 10:22 PM) *

I see what you did there. driving.gif
t collins
Click to view attachmentMy Dells
MDG
QUOTE(zymurgist @ Aug 2 2009, 11:11 AM) *

I see what you did there. driving.gif

What . . . you can't just duct tape off #3 and #6? hide.gif

r_towle
QUOTE(Scott Schroeder @ Aug 1 2009, 09:25 PM) *

mine ...

Scott,

I know this is a pain to do, but would you consider taking a picture of the exact port you are using for the vacuum advance line.
The port on the carb please...close so I can get the idea.

Also, what distributor part number is that, and what are your experiences with it?
Using an optical sensor, or points?
What plugs?
What MSD unit?

Rich
rfuerst911sc
Here are mine. biggrin.gif
J P Stein
Hee.hee, I can play. Real carbs have 3 throats. biggrin.gif
zx-niner
Here's a before and after.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(t collins @ Aug 2 2009, 11:18 AM) *

How did you do this? Drill and tap the arms?

I need to do the same thing with mine.

Zach
r_towle
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Aug 2 2009, 04:39 PM) *

Zach

That is a bell crank linkage and it uses the ball on the carb linkage.

RIch
r_towle
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Aug 2 2009, 03:50 PM) *

Careful mR2 man....you will need to tone down all your nasty remarks....
You be moving into a whole new camp.

Rich
t collins
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Aug 2 2009, 12:39 PM) *

Zach

Hey Zach,
Exactly, it should help reduce the linkage from operating at an angle and pushing back aginst the carb.
carr914
Click to view attachment
carr914
Click to view attachment
puff adder
50's
J P Stein
QUOTE(r_towle @ Aug 2 2009, 02:20 PM) *

QUOTE(J P Stein @ Aug 2 2009, 03:50 PM) *

Careful mR2 man....you will need to tone down all your nasty remarks....
You be moving into a whole new camp.

Rich

At present it looks as if I may be a Maita man....without the rainbow or = stickie.
Any on wanna buy a rare all stock 93 MR 2 Turbo? It may be the last one left in
the USofA. biggrin.gif
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(r_towle @ Aug 2 2009, 04:19 PM) *

I know that, silly. biggrin.gif I've got the same linkage. The issue is that the bar between the linkage and the carb butterfly lever is at an angle. In fact, they are at slightly different angles. If you use the provided holes in the linkage arms, you will not get a 90 degree drop on either side, and the carbs don't stay perfectly synched through the rev range.

Zach
racerbvd
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
carr914
Byron, What are those Dizzy's you've got on there

T.C.
racerbvd
QUOTE(carr914 @ Aug 2 2009, 07:29 PM) *

Byron, What are those Dizzy's you've got on there

T.C.

964 converted to 3.0... The Webers are 46s biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment
t collins
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Aug 2 2009, 07:14 PM) *

QUOTE(r_towle @ Aug 2 2009, 04:19 PM) *

I know that, silly. biggrin.gif I've got the same linkage. The issue is that the bar between the linkage and the carb butterfly lever is at an angle. In fact, they are at slightly different angles. If you use the provided holes in the linkage arms, you will not get a 90 degree drop on either side, and the carbs don't stay perfectly synched through the rev range.

Zach

They're both parallle, its just the angle of the picture that is making it look out of plumb.
neil30076
QUOTE(schreiber @ Aug 1 2009, 05:14 PM) *

In this thread: Show pictures of your dual Weber setups. The more detail, the better.

Dual 40 IDF's - CB Crossbar kit, with extension on passenger side throttle linkage to keep them parallel and sync'd.
Click to view attachment
Kargeek
Dells with reversed CB crossbar linkage.
naro914
PMO's in Huey (now in Papa Smurf)
Mark Henry
Cargeeks is the best linkage so far, but still a bit too much angle on those droplinks for me.

Found this ad on the samba, I had to laugh....build the f'in linkage right in the first place and you don't need this shit! (Sorry Type 1 again)

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=786740
schreiber
Click to view attachment

I'm interested in seeing these type linkage setups in more detail - this is the same type I've got.
martinef1963

This car ran for about 5-minutes after the engine rebuild. After posting this same picture back in 2007 many of the carb set ups on this post mentioned the set up was not the best. "Money Pit" is still on jacks.

One day I'll finish my contracting work in Afghanistan to finish her up; she will rock!

Fern

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
tat2dphreak
QUOTE(martinef1963 @ Aug 16 2009, 07:11 AM) *

This car ran for about 5-minutes after the engine rebuild. After posting this same picture back in 2007 many of the carb set ups on this post mentioned the set up was not the best. "Money Pit" is still on jacks.

One day I'll finish my contracting work in Afghanistan to finish her up; she will rock!

Fern

I had that same set up, you can never get the links to go right. they stick out way too far.

CB linkagewas better, but we modified it, too... moved the drop links closer to the carbs and lowered the bar lower than the lowest pre drilled hole, now it is 90 degrees at the top and bottom. very straight
lotus_65
link

someone here makes a nice pivot linkage I'd like to try, like the cb setup. i think it would be better than the hex bar.
jmill
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Aug 2 2009, 10:14 PM) *

The issue is that the bar between the linkage and the carb butterfly lever is at an angle. In fact, they are at slightly different angles. If you use the provided holes in the linkage arms, you will not get a 90 degree drop on either side, and the carbs don't stay perfectly synched through the rev range.

Zach

There is alot of talk about getting a 90 degree drop. I hate to say this but it'll never happen. You might be able to get 90 degrees at one throttle position but thats it. The hex bar spins in an arc and your looking for a right angle. You can't get there from here. Whats important is that both linkage arms are the same length and at the same angle relative to one another. That way the arm travels the same distance on either side. If you get that correct the carbs will stay synced through the entire range.
jaxdream
I believe that is called the sidewinder linkage kit.it's set up similar to a 69 VW type3 I had with dual solex carbs, a side twist linkage setup that bolted onto one of the case rib bolts. Had small ( 4mm IIRC ) left and right threaded ends for adjusting the carb butterflies / throttle plates linkage bars. Just had to get them bouth the right length + / - a few threads. Wasn't real hard to get them both synced with an old unisyn . smilie_pokal.gif

Jaxdream
pilothyer
QUOTE(schreiber @ Aug 14 2009, 11:15 PM) *

Click to view attachment

I'm interested in seeing these type linkage setups in more detail - this is the same type I've got.

Jacob....here are a few for you, hope they help.....Jerry

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Dominic
Picture of my DTM bell crank linkage from Aircooled Technology

Cevan
CIP1 linkage

Click to view attachment
tat2dphreak
QUOTE(pilothyer @ Aug 18 2009, 09:19 AM) *

QUOTE(schreiber @ Aug 14 2009, 11:15 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Jacob....here are a few for you, hope they help.....Jerry

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

how is your Carbs sideways? confused24.gif
pilothyer
Hi Wayne......I believe that was a pair of Weber 34 ICT carbs (single barrel) with the air cleaner adapter plate modified to fit them then turned sideways........Jerry
tat2dphreak
ahh, ok.
r_towle
Take a look at some artwork here.

http://www.yunis.de/klaus5/en/AST_en.asp

Rich
lotus_65
QUOTE(Dominic @ Aug 18 2009, 09:36 AM) *

Picture of my DTM bell crank linkage from Aircooled Technology

are those tb's extrudabody's?
drooley.gif
Mr.Nobody
Bump, because I want to see more peoples setups.

Here's what I've accumulated thus far.

IPB Image

They carbs are currently being ultrasonic and hot washed. Pump and pressure gauge are on order and also have a Holley FPR.

chowtime.gif
ThePaintedMan
This is going to sound like a total dick comment, but I promise I don't mean for it to....

Dellorto air cleaner covers but Weber carbs? biggrin.gif

FWIW, I will tell you after having seen a few of these after all the rebuilds I've done... The chrome air cleaners, I mean, every. last. one. of them. I've seen rusts within 2-3 months. I don't personally care much about looks, but I know there are better options out there, in case you do. Finally, if you have a hard time with that hex bar linkage, consider Chris's cable linkage setup which can be found on his website, tangerineracing.com. Once you switch you'll wonder how you ever did without it. Not trying to dissuade you, just giving you a couple things I learned the hard way. Rock on! aktion035.gif

bretth
How about my Zeniths just because. Hope to put them to good use in the not too distant future.
Click to view attachment

Brett
poorsche914
NOS 44IDF Webers with Raby Sync-Link

Click to view attachment

driving.gif
raw1298
Not sure of brand, but it was free. biggrin.gif
Mr.Nobody
QUOTE(ThePaintedMan @ Apr 21 2016, 05:36 PM) *

This is going to sound like a total dick comment, but I promise I don't mean for it to....

Dellorto air cleaner covers but Weber carbs? biggrin.gif

FWIW, I will tell you after having seen a few of these after all the rebuilds I've done... The chrome air cleaners, I mean, every. last. one. of them. I've seen rusts within 2-3 months. I don't personally care much about looks, but I know there are better options out there, in case you do. Finally, if you have a hard time with that hex bar linkage, consider Chris's cable linkage setup which can be found on his website, tangerineracing.com. Once you switch you'll wonder how you ever did without it. Not trying to dissuade you, just giving you a couple things I learned the hard way. Rock on! aktion035.gif

Not a dick comment at all. I get your thoughts.

The Del filters just happen to have been apart of a really good deal with the carbs, and linkage. They'll work and really that's all that should matter, but I agree it's pretty hokey to run them with the Webers. I have another plan for them if I can't find another set soon enough. In short, hopefully they're temporary.

I've read a lot about the Tangerine setup. It's on the list, but dropping the coin now isn't the easiest. I get that I'll never look back, but buying it is easier said than done. Another hopefully sooner rather than later.

All that said, I'M STOKED aktion035.gif
Elliot Cannon
No play in the linkage. Both throttles open to wot at the same rate. Extensive mods. of an originally crappy system. Works great.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.