Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Specs on stock 2.0 cam
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Sleepin
I searched, and could not find..... does anyone have the specs on a stock 2.0L cam?

Thanks,

Eric
r_towle
Its in the haynes manual...sorry mine is in the shop

Rich
TravisNeff
valve timing from Haynes:

intake opens at 12 degrees BTDC
intake closes at 42 degrees ABDC
exhaust opens at 43 degrees BBDC
exhaust closes at 4 degrees ATDC
jcd914
Not that this answers your question but here it is
I was told that the actual cam specs (the profile the cam was ground to) changed several times during the life of the 914 but the part number never changed. The changes were for emissions compliance and earlier cams had a better performance profile than latter cams. I don't know any of this for fact and I have always placed cam choice in the hands of a professional I trusted. In the past that was Elgin cams but I would probably consult with Jake if I were building and engine today.

Jim
Joe Ricard
There is only one reason to keep the stock Cam in a motor. and that would be to stay in stock class in SCCA.

I think this would be a stupid desicion.

If you want to drive and enjoy the car and you are not racing it in sanctioned events then one of Raby's cams will fit your needs. Will run cooler make more power and probably get better MPG.
ME733
popcorn[1].gif well ...would you consider, in your recommendation, that a stock cam is stupid....wheather or not , this person intends to use the O.E.M. fuel injection setup.?..A camshaft with too much overlap,causes , pulsations, in the intake runners, which the intake AIR flapper (controlling fuel delivery) interpets as ...(need more fuel,need less fuel) as the pulsations bounce the flaper back and fourth.).this can be a serious problem at idle...Consider?.. popcorn[1].gif .
eric914
Call Jake up. He has a replacement for the stock cam that plays nice with the fuel injection and gives a bump in performance.
Cap'n Krusty
While I have no experience with Jake's cam, I can tell you that the WebCam replacement for the stock cam (not their stock regrind) is CRAP...... They say the little mod they made gives you more power and will run fine, but you have MAJOR idle emission problems and a huge flat spot off idle. Go with Jake, go stock, but avoid cams that they say will give your more power and work just like stock.

The Cap'n
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.