Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Linkage question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
schreiber
Got this linkage with the 40IDf's. Who else uses this type of linkage? Is it super effective? Anyone have pictures?
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
SGB
Heya Jake-
I think that type of linkage is better than the cross-bar setup I have. Are you gonna be working on those carbs this weekend? I'll PM my phone number. Call if you want assistance, misdirection, or annoyance.

smile.gif
schreiber
Thanks Scott - I'll be in Montgomery this weekend, otherwise I'd love the assistance, misdirection, or annoyance.
biggrin.gif

Really though, I would like your input soon as I'll have all my parts together for the carb swap sometime next week. I'll be in touch.
sean_v8_914
I like that type. raby likes it also
schreiber
if anybody has diagrams or photos of how this sucker goes in, i would appreciate
QUOTE(schreiber @ Aug 14 2009, 01:40 PM) *

if anybody has diagrams or photos of how this sucker goes in, i would appreciate

I will try and get a pic up of mine....I have modified mine a little with the CSP crank on top of the base you have. I had no problems with what you have got tho. worked with out a hitch.

The carriage type bolt is a case bolt. The middle case bolt in my instance to be exact. My carbs pull from opposite sides. If your carbs pull from same side I would use the rear case bolt to attach the base. From there it is pretty staight forward for the linkage. You will have to "rig up" a throttle cable bracket. I used angle iron and bolted down to Dizzy mounting bolt. Other's have fabricated a better approach in my opin.

There is a good thread recently on carb setup with quite a few pics...

Good Luck
Ken
schreiber

There is a good thread recently on carb setup with quite a few pics...

Show me your dual carburetors setup
yeah, if that's the thread you're referring to, i started that one... smile.gif i still haven't seen a detailed photo of anybody with the same style linkage i have. i'm sure i'll figure it out with time.

i made some progress tonight, at least now the carbs and manifolds are in place.
schreiber
Also, anyone have suggestions on who sells a good throttle cable bracket?
Gint
Good throttle cable brackets for 914 dual carb setups are usually made and not bought.
jaxdream
As I replied in your other thread , there is a fella that makes , his brand name -side winder- out of billet aluminium , that is a great setup . Yours could work good with some tinkering. VW used this type setup on 67 T3 dual carbs, worked very well.

Jaxdream
Here is what I got....shows case bolt holding bracket base and also my homemade remeady for the throttle cable...sorry I did not get this up earlier...can't find a pick of what it looked like before I replaced bolt/linkage you have with the CSP top/linkage.

Ken

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.