Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: MUSR 10 Registration
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
ClayPerrine
Sorry for all the delays in getting this up and posted.

Click to view attachment

What: 2009 Mid US Ramble
Where: Hot Springs, Arkansas
When: September 17 – 20

Car Show, Rally, Autocross, Tech Quiz, Driving Tours

Clarion Resort on Lake Hamilton, 4813 Central Avenue,
Hot Springs, Arkansas, 71913, (501) 525-1391
(Please mention you are with the Porsche Club, Mid US Ramble)
Rooms should be 99 a night, if you get in on or before Aug 28th.

Click to view attachment
pcar916
Excellent!
pcar916
icon_bump.gif
rick 918-S
Same weekend as the RRC. dry.gif I was hoping to attend.
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Aug 11 2009, 03:09 PM) *

Same weekend as the RRC. dry.gif I was hoping to attend.

driving.gif fast and attend both. Won't be the same without you and the Alien!
girellr
Bama 94teen here and kinda dissapointed in the date and the short notice. I have had 1 year plan to take family to beach that week. I missed Huntsville last year (car still in body shop). Missed the SCC at Barbers this spring (waiting on heads rebuild). I have spent 15 months and a ton of money getting my 75 to show condition - both looks and performance. Is the east coast thing the BBque in Sept? Does 914world do east, west and central rally every year? Pic is of my 94teen at Barbers Porsche 250 - parade lap last month.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(girellr @ Aug 12 2009, 09:51 AM) *

Bama 94teen here and kinda dissapointed in the date and the short notice. I have had 1 year plan to take family to beach that week. I missed Huntsville last year (car still in body shop). Missed the SCC at Barbers this spring (waiting on heads rebuild). I have spent 15 months and a ton of money getting my 75 to show condition - both looks and performance. Is the east coast thing the BBque in Sept? Does 914world do east, west and central rally every year? Pic is of my 94teen at Barbers Porsche 250 - parade lap last month.

welcome.png welcome.png welcome.png Don't be disappointed. The planners of this event put on a top shelf event. The guys and gals on World are putting on more and better events every year. There is no way anyone can attend everything that is happening on the BBS. But I hope to see you and your car at one of these things. Nice car! driving.gif
914four
Does 914world do east, west and central rally every year? Pic is of my 94teen at Barbers Porsche 250 - parade lap last month.

Bama 94teen,

I go to the first Friday of the month car show in Gadsden each month and enter the car show for free. The show is from 5 p.m. and goes until 9 p.m. The City blocks off Broad Street at 4 p.m. for seven blocks along with the side streets. There are four rows of cars down Broad Street and the side streets as well. They are turning cars away now and plan to expand once again. It seems like each month a different car club shows up. One month it was the Mustang club another it was Cameros then Cobras and this month there were several hundred Harley Davidson Motorcycles along with the many various classic cars that show up. They let the car clubs take one full block and there is usually around fifty of that type of car exclusively on that block.

This month Saturday morning after the car show we drove up to Little River Canyon which is about 30 minutes away for a very nice 914 spirited drive along the canyon ridge.

I am always the only 914 at the event. There have been some 356s but never any other 914s when I have been there. I saw your car at the Porsche 250 and it looks great. You should start showing it at Gadsden's First Friday car show.

Maybe the MUSR would consider coming to Gadsden AL one year or maybe we could host another 914 event there one day.

Kelvin
girellr
QUOTE(PH1 @ Aug 12 2009, 04:53 PM) *

Does 914world do east, west and central rally every year? Pic is of my 94teen at Barbers Porsche 250 - parade lap last month.

Bama 94teen,

I go to the first Friday of the month car show in Gadsden each month and enter the car show for free. The show is from 5 p.m. and goes until 9 p.m. The City blocks off Broad Street at 4 p.m. for seven blocks along with the side streets. There are four rows of cars down Broad Street and the side streets as well. They are turning cars away now and plan to expand once again. It seems like each month a different car club shows up. One month it was the Mustang club another it was Cameros then Cobras and this month there were several hundred Harley Davidson Motorcycles along with the many various classic cars that show up. They let the car clubs take one full block and there is usually around fifty of that type of car exclusively on that block.

This month Saturday morning after the car show we drove up to Little River Canyon which is about 30 minutes away for a very nice 914 spirited drive along the canyon ridge.

I am always the only 914 at the event. There have been some 356s but never any other 914s when I have been there. I saw your car at the Porsche 250 and it looks great. You should start showing it at Gadsden's First Friday car show.

Maybe the MUSR would consider coming to Gadsden AL one year or maybe we could host another 914 event there one day.

Kelvin

girellr
Hey PH1 - Kelvin. Was yours the orange 914 at Barbers? Give me a call some time (454-1063). Would like to start gathering 914 folk in our area and would love to meet at Gadsden Sept. 4th.
Friday driving tour - Scenic route thru rolling countyside to the Crater of Diamonds State Park. Return loop more rolling countryside only different roads. Not many photo ops on what I have labeled the Southern Route. smile.gif

Saturday driving tour - Scenic route up Hwy 7 thru heart of Ouachita Mtns to Petit Jean State Park. Lunch at Lodge with overlook of Arkansas River Valley. Lots of overlooks with plenty of photo ops on this route. Basically the same route coming back to hotel. which I am labeling the Northern Route. biggrin.gif

Lots and Lot's of driving.gif driving-girl.gif

Ken beer.gif

Kelvin - good luck in dragging some of them Bama boys and girls with you!!

If there are people planning on staying in Memphis Wed night there will be two teeners leaving Thur AM. Promise to make the drive to HS exciting. Maybe a little trip up Hwy 298 back to Hwy 5 for a little warm up?? w00t.gif
jt914-6
Ken...After you take 298 to 9 then back to 5 you should take Hy. 128 (on left) off of Hy. 5 near Hot Springs and follow it to Hy. 70 and go east to H.S. from there. If you have never been on 128, it is a "914 road". If you had about 30 or so minutes you wanted to spend, that would be a good route in......
914four
QUOTE(7275914911 @ Aug 13 2009, 12:02 PM) *

Kelvin - good luck in dragging some of them Bama boys and girls with you!!

If there are people planning on staying in Memphis Wed night there will be two teeners leaving Thur AM. Promise to make the drive to HS exciting. Maybe a little trip up Hwy 298 back to Hwy 5 for a little warm up?? w00t.gif

We are planning on driving up to Memphis Wednesday night and would like to follow along with the group from Memphis (if we can keep up). I'm sure the drive to Hot Springs will be just as much fun as the drive to Talihina OK.
jt914-6
Kelvin.....It will be. The last time he and Don were here I showed them Hy. 298. It was a blast.....
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(jt914-6 @ Aug 13 2009, 05:00 PM) *

Kelvin.....It will be. The last time he and Don were here I showed them Hy. 298. It was a blast.....

I thought I showed you my fading rear bumper on 298. Oh wait, Dana wouldn't let you catch me due to motion sickness. barf.gif
jt914-6
She said I only scared her twice.......The dramamine helps though......I'll have to tape the drive down 298 the next time I go on it...... driving.gif
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(jt914-6 @ Aug 13 2009, 07:44 PM) *

She said I only scared her twice.......The dramamine helps though......I'll have to tape the drive down 298 the next time I go on it...... driving.gif

A video of that highway would probably be just as good or better than the one I made on The Dragon. Would love to see it.
jt914-6
Got my camera eqpt. mounted. See "Show us your camera mount" thread in the garage....I can record 12 hours before the storage media rolls over. Not sure if leading or following someone would be the best???? Maybe both....good reason to drive it twice.....
QUOTE(jt914-6 @ Aug 13 2009, 07:53 PM) *

Got my camera eqpt. mounted. See "Show us your camera mount" thread in the garage....I can record 12 hours before the storage media rolls over. Not sure if leading or following someone would be the best???? Maybe both....good reason to drive it twice.....

JT,

Thx for the heads up on 128. Don't believe I have been on it. It comes back to 70 at about the loop. correct?

298 is worth driving up and back each time you treat yourself to that road.... w00t.gif

I also checked out the video. I really like that angle and the Cayman did not even know he was passed.... biggrin.gif Are you instructing at the DE here in Memphis. I thought about driving in it and a SCCA PDX weekend after next. BUT my mechanic called today and said I need to make myself available for a motor/tranny install piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif on that weekend. May need to give my motor till next summer before I push it to hard on the track tho....damn i'm rambling!!

talk to ya later

Ken

Oh and Kelvin..looking forward to seeing you again.
hot_shoe914
[May need to give my motor till next summer before I push it to hard on the track tho...

Let me drive it the first 4 hours and then it will be ready for the track if it is still running! poke.gif
jt914-6
QUOTE(7275914911 @ Aug 13 2009, 10:29 PM) *

QUOTE(jt914-6 @ Aug 13 2009, 07:53 PM) *

JT,

Thx for the heads up on 128. Don't believe I have been on it. It comes back to 70 at about the loop. correct?

298 is worth driving up and back each time you treat yourself to that road.... w00t.gif

I also checked out the video. I really like that angle and the Cayman did not even know he was passed.... biggrin.gif Are you instructing at the DE here in Memphis. I thought about driving in it and a SCCA PDX weekend after next. BUT my mechanic called today and said I need to make myself available for a motor/tranny install piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif on that weekend. May need to give my motor till next summer before I push it to hard on the track tho....damn i'm rambling!!

talk to ya later

Ken

Oh and Kelvin..looking forward to seeing you again.

Ken
Hy 128 comes out a little ways east of the "loop". It comes out a little before the rest area on 70. Not the most direct route into HS off of 5, but a good road for a 914.
I am not instructing at the DE. Just an advanced/solo driver. Wanted some down time and time to be with Dana...Maybe you and Don can stop by the DE that weekend one day. Anxious to see what the GPS says I'm doing down the drag strip.
ClayPerrine
Just a bump..

Rooms at the hotel are held until August 28th. Get your room reserved now!

914four
QUOTE(girellr @ Aug 13 2009, 10:06 AM) *

Hey PH1 - Kelvin. Was yours the orange 914 at Barbers? Give me a call some time (454-1063). Would like to start gathering 914 folk in our area and would love to meet at Gadsden Sept. 4th.

The very nice orange 914 was Rich James from Montgomery. As usual for this type of event my car was in the shop. My car is a very faded out Marathon Blue Metallic.

QUOTE(jt914-6 @ Aug 13 2009, 11:02 PM) *

Hy 128 comes out a little ways east of the "loop". Not the most direct route into HS off of 5, but a good road for a 914.

...Maybe you and Don can stop by the DE that weekend one day.

JT,

Took 5 to 298 to 9 to 5 to 128 then went across 70 down 171 and came out on 270. Also drove thru the Gorge(7S) between 7 and 70 and then Westinghouse Road(between 70 and loop) as a way to get to 7 from hotel. No stop light, curvy road, prolly no traffic. Might be photo op in Gorge by creek?

I like 128 BUT it is no 298. That is one fun 14 miles!! It really only adds 30/45 minutes to the trip from
mem to HS.

We will try and see you and Dana that weekend you are in town.

Ken
jt914-6
Ken, It's hard to beat 298 when there's no traffic. Well, maybe the "pig trail". Glad you enjoyed 298 again. 128 is fun too, but no 298. Too bad we can't add 298 to the MUSR runs. I'm going to video it in the future. Will be glad to have you and Don/others visit when Dana and I are at Memphis.....
ClayPerrine
Still waiting on registrations!!

driving.gif driving-girl.gif

drunk.gif
MBowman325
Looks like we're gonna take the building offline the weekend before or the weekend of the MUSR and leave's been cnl'ed for us. New generators coming in and we've gotta be in to turn everything down and then make sure it comes back up. More drive failures on our SAN is in sight...

If nothing else, I can sit in a cold noisy windy server room in front of the new air handlers with my eyes closed imaging that I'm on a straight uphill climb in the clouds on the TaliMena run. smile.gif While the power's on anyways...
ClayPerrine
That sucks... hissyfit.gif

Make sure to take a coat for the server room. Even in mid summer it gets cold in there...

Could be worse.. could have to do an emergency shut down of the whole main server room of a fortune 100 company because the electrical transfer switch for the generator froze from being invaded by fire ants!!!

That night sucked!!!

hot_shoe914
A shameless icon_bump.gif . Really would like to see a lot of people show up. There are going to be some awesome driving.gif opportunities.
EdwardBlume
This looks like a great event... one which I hope to make it to in a couple years... have fun!
icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif

Hotel on the Lake.... piratenanner.gif

Two days of scenic driving.gif driving-girl.gif with Diamond Prospecting and Beautiful Overlooks...

Good chowtime.gif and slap.gif poke.gif beerchug.gif smoke.gif and maybe a little KMA.gif thrown in for good measure.... shades.gif

KP drunk.gif
jt914-6
agree.gif
And next Fri. (28th) is the last day to book the motel at the special rate... beerchug.gif
jt914-6
Come one, come all.....A good time will be had by all.... beerchug.gif
A pre-run pic.....expect these kinds of roads...... driving.gif

Click to view attachment
icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif

JUST PUSHING BACK TO THE TOP..... beerchug.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Aug 19 2009, 09:44 PM) *

A shameless icon_bump.gif . Really would like to see a lot of people show up. There are going to be some awesome driving.gif opportunities.

You need to send me your registration!!

I have 4 registrations plus Betty and I. I hope there are lots more people going!!

hot_shoe914
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Aug 24 2009, 07:55 PM) *

I have 4 registrations plus Betty and I. I hope there are lots more people going!!

Yeah, I guess I do. I will search through the threads and find registration info and send it out to you.

Shoe
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Aug 24 2009, 10:43 PM) *

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Aug 24 2009, 07:55 PM) *

Yeah, I guess I do. I will search through the threads and find registration info and send it out to you.

Shoe

So does Ron... poke.gif

bandjoey
Woould like to go w00t.gif but finances are tight due to job nonmarket. If anyone wants to split a room cost, I probably can swing going. Email or call and let's talk. Thanks Bill.
817 905-7937 bandjoey@sbcglobal.net

Come on now....somebody help Bill out....

flag.gif
tat2dphreak
QUOTE(7275914911 @ Aug 26 2009, 03:47 PM) *

Come on now....somebody help Bill out....

flag.gif

if I were going I would...
bandjoey
I can dog sit at the hotel..it's probably cheaper than the fancy doggie hotels and your pooch will be in good hands...I'll tell the desk clerk it's my seeing eye dog, after we pull up in the car. beer.gif
ClayPerrine
Tomorrow is the last day for the reduced rate rooms at the hotel!

ClayPerrine
Still waiting for registrations from some of you who said you were going......
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Aug 25 2009, 07:35 PM) *

Woould like to go w00t.gif but finances are tight due to job nonmarket. If anyone wants to split a room cost, I probably can swing going. Email or call and let's talk. Thanks Bill.
817 905-7937 bandjoey@sbcglobal.net

Have you found a roommate yet? If not I have somebody looking to split a room.

Shoe
jt914-6
Shoe. Call him or email him.....you've got the info.......
Thoward914
I have a room reserved and handed Clay a check today to cover registration for Robyn and myself. All systems are go. aktion035.gif
I'm ready to drive, drink and be merry.
beerchug.gif

bandjoey
Sorry, didn't go online this weekend. My Kido's 15th birthday and 914 work keep me offline. If you still know someone wanting to split cost, call or email me asap. Thanks Bill
bandjoey
Think I found a roomie. If things work out today I'll be taking Clay my registration tonight. piratenanner.gif Bill
Betty
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Aug 31 2009, 03:23 PM) *

Think I found a roomie. If things work out today I'll be taking Clay my registration tonight. piratenanner.gif Bill

That would be completely awesome!!! Heard of another local today that is trying to make it. I am SO psyched! cheer.gif

By the way, as soon as Clay told me you got your car running I wanted to come by and and listen to it. biggrin.gif

jt914-6
Do we have any 914 "celebs" coming as in the past??? If Ed Mayo doesn't show up maybe some of us have a chance in the tech quiz......
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.