Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Drawing contest....sharpen your crayolas!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
East coaster
Can anyone mod the attached diagram to reflect a 3.6 engine oil flow with a stock 6 tank and a external cooler?? The 3.6 is a bit different then what's shown here.......
SirAndy
The 3.6 is a bit different then what's shown here

yeah, the 3.6 doesn't have a oil-cooler wink.gif
JWest
Here's the new diagram that Andy forgot to attach. wink.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(James Adams @ Mar 9 2004, 05:20 AM)
Here's the new diagram that Andy forgot to attach. wink.gif

LMAO laugh.gif
East coaster
Dang!...........You guys are tough! You forgot to draw in the extra 130hp though! finger.gif

I'm just trying to fiure out how to route my oil lines and where to interject the oil cooler.
SirAndy
QUOTE(East coaster @ Mar 9 2004, 09:27 AM)
I'm just trying to fiure out how to route my oil lines and where to interject the oil cooler.

because the 3.6 doesn't have a engine mounted oil cooler it already has the setup for a external cooler.

get a good sized front mounted cooler with a thermostat, run BIG lines (like dash 12 i think) and you should be fine ...

Andy
Brad Roberts
Come out of the bottom of the engine on what will be the passenger side and go straight forward to a cooler. Use the same size return line from the cooler to the oil tank (min. of -12) Be very careful on how you adapt the fitting to the engine. I have seen several people buy all the adapters and such and find out LATER that they hit their chosen headers or interfere with the oil drain back tubes. Not fun.

B
East coaster
Cool.........Thanks Brad! I think I'll get my headers first and then figure out my oil fittings.

Where do the hoses (labeled 15 and 16 in the picture) coming out of the tank go??? I would guess 16 is just an overflow, is 15 just a vent to puke tank?
J P Stein
15 is off the crankcase....case ventilation,top of the motor.
16 is tank ventilation...to the pukecan/breather of your choice.

Here's a pic of a pretty much bullet proof scavenge side routing to your thermostat/cooler......it misses all the goodies, but ya gotta go back to go forward laugh.gif
I've never seen a 3.6L case and am assuming the scavegne line comes out about the same place as the ealier motors. confused24.gif
Brad Roberts
I have to do exactly what JP pointed out.. go back then forward on engines with 1 5/8 or bigger headers (normally 3.2.

B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.