Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Man....my car really flies
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
iamchappy
driving.gif

I really like it...., What a thrill ride....Fun meter off the scale... piratenanner.gif

Running 1 Bar of boost and for some reason the clutch has not slipped in the
last two days. confused24.gif
degreeoff
I would LOVE to know your 0-60 times....it must be balls fast. BTW what sort of HP do you have?

Josh
iamchappy
I think around 400 + or - a few.. No official dyno sheets just an estimate comparing
my engine to other similar builds. The short gears M,S,Z add a few more seat in the
pants hp to it. The engine has the same bore and stroke as the IMSA 935's at 70.4-97mm. Early large port and valve SC heads twin plugged, Euro fuel distributor, 1986
930 ported intake with a RPM activated extra fueler. SC cams- K27 7200 turbo.

I bumped the boost up the other day from 11 lbs back up to 14.5, the clutch was slipping at 11 but for what reason that i cant understand, it has been holding the past few days. Running 14.5 of boost is noticeably way more power.
sean_v8_914
why does your car belong to a fly? did you give it to the fly or did he pay cash?
degreeoff
Man that is just S I C K.....how is it that you keep the power down?
iamchappy
QUOTE(degreeoff @ Aug 22 2009, 11:57 PM) *

I dont, but when it hooks up and the clutch holds shifting through all the short
gears happens quickly...

I have been thinking about using a Kevlar clutch from Renegade because
of the clutch not holding, when it didnt hold at 11 i said what the hell might as
well kick it back up to 14.5 as the clutch still held through 3rd and only slipped in 4th and 5th. Now it wants to hold in all gears. confused24.gif
Justinp71
Thats Awesome.

I couldn't imagine a car with almost double the horse I have now.
championgt1
A light car with 400 horse. piratenanner.gif
balljoint
Wow.

I am trying to like you Chappy, I really am, but you're not making it easy. biggrin.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(iamchappy @ Aug 23 2009, 12:04 AM) *

QUOTE(degreeoff @ Aug 22 2009, 11:57 PM) *

I dont, but when it hooks up and the clutch holds shifting through all the short
gears happens quickly...

I have been thinking about using a Kevlar clutch from Renegade because
of the clutch not holding, when it didnt hold at 11 i said what the hell might as
well kick it back up to 14.5 as the clutch still held through 3rd and only slipped in 4th and 5th. Now it wants to hold in all gears. confused24.gif

I know a local guy here who has a brand new Kevlar clutch disk for a 915 gearbox for sale. Supposedly they are lousy for use on the street...grabby.

Let me know if you want me to find out how much he wants for it...
iamchappy
I need a 9" or 228mm clutch, Renegade has them for 195.00. I guess it's all in how
you bed them in, if you go very easy on them for about 500 miles they are suppose to
have up to 45% more holding power over organic. if the clutch is not bedded in properly they dont work well.
rick 918-S
I have a puck style kevlar without spring center. I can get it to squeal like a tire chirp on engagement in first sometimes but it always grabs hard without chatter. I have a stage II Kennedy PP. I've had good luck so far. I know it grabs hard enough to destroy my 901 or bust a CV joint if I'm not paying attension during hard excelleration. I would never drop the clutch. It grabs that good. I alway release it then hit the hammer. The one time I dropped it I snapped a CV without even spinning a tire. Oh ya, it's stock 914 size diameter.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.