Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2 empty plastic tubes coming up from the drivers side
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bandjoey
What are these? Coming out of the Drivers Long and behind the heater fan and stop under the battery?
Totally empty inside. Looks factory?

Ps. don't ask about the red wire. PO's answer to fuel pump wiring I need to replace.
ahdoman
Looks like your tubes for the carbon canister on the gas tank. They provide the suck / blow from the engine to the canister.
championgt1
I have the plastic tubes like that. They come out of the drivers side but they end under the relay board. They are for the charcoal canister up front. Never seen any as long as yours though. If that is what they are.
IronHillRestorations
Those are part of the fuel vapor recovery system. There's no reason to remove it. One of those connects (with a rubber line) to the impeller housing and the other one to the air intake of your FI or carbs.
dangrouche
looks like the PO may have pulled both lines into the engine bay; you can confirm if there is the absence of those two lines by looking at the brake supply reservoir. there might be two holes where those lines used to occupy in that area. since you have carbs, I could see a PO pulling those into the engine bay, but realized he should not have and was waiting for an opportunity to put it back
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.