Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SHE RUNS! and charges! and she slips the clutch
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
degreeoff
HE damit! HIS name is Kermee6 and I'll be damned but I know HE is right now because this is a stage 2 Kennedy and I NEVER had problems adjusting the clutch before with the ole 'feel' and now HE hits the power band anywhere over 3500 and whoops starts to slip.......

it was a bad alt and a lack of the little blue wire for the charge and the other end (P O W E R) is just what happens when you take short cuts.....I mean it SOUNDS meaner...smokes nada...and runs rich but what a hoot.......Can't wait to take HIM out tomorrow for some miles......

GOD I hope theres nothing wrong with my clutch........It is looser than it has ever been and still....?? piratenanner.gif driving.gif beerchug.gif
Bruce Hinds
This is probably a silly question. But did you wipe the flywheel and pressure plate down with alky before you installed it?
I had the same problem, thought they came clean.... looked clean and felt clean. They actually come with a protective coating.....
B
Joe Ricard
With everything turned, trued and surfaced there be NO WAY it will slip.
degreeoff
Well it be slipping!

SHEET!! man just when I thought I was good to go..........

I never did wipe em clean, I have put about 1000 miles on it and it NEVER slipped before. Now if I am in 1-4 (havent even gotten to 5th yet) it'll slip @ 3500 up if I punch it.

What is wrong ? Any ideas?

Thanks

Josh
IronHillRestorations
I'd guess somehow oil got on the PP/disc/flywheel friction surface. Bummer Josh!
Dr Evil
Gee, I dont know. Maybe the new LSD is causing your wheels to hookup a bit stronger thus opposing your clutch??? rolleyes.gif How is the LSD anyway?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.