Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Saratoga Top came (mint cond.)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Mikey914
Ok,
I have an original and can make a better version on the seals needed.

It is not as good for sealing as the WAS tops we made, but making a lower grade version of these roofs will allow for a mass production of the roors. If we could be in the $500 range with seals it could work.
The big problem I ran into was the ones I made were VERY labor intensive. I have 3 ready to assemble but they will take a mi imum of 15 hrs each so putting this off has been too easy. I can form the materials easy enough, but the easier product will allow for me to support the old roofs.
Ill dig mine out Sunday and play with this some.

Nark
Niklas
When you got got new seals i also want a set.

Niklas
Mikey914
I will start the process this next week.
Steve
I would buy a top if you made them again!! @mikey914
Mikey914
We will,
I think dumbing down the procesd will be the ley. Dont get me wrong. These will still tale time, but need to be set up for mass production
Ill work more on this this next week and start a thread.

Mark
76-914
I'd be up for one of these. It would go perfectly with the new roll bar pads you'll be making. These are still in your plans to produce, aren't they? confused24.gif
Mikey914
Yes the roll bar pads are actually underway as soon as I'm satisfied with the product and I can get prices confirmed I will do a GB. My target for this is this summer.
Mark
sb914
I’d be in for one as well.you have any more “seconds” around ? wub.gif
Mikey914
They got gobbled up pretty quick sorry.
reharvey
Bought this Saratoga top many years ago for $50 at a sway meet. Made my own weatherstrip to replace the original stuff. Ray

https://youtu.be/MgUvZ_fcPsw
zfisher6164
I would love to get one of these tops if they get produced
Steve
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Feb 22 2020, 10:05 AM) *

We will,
I think dumbing down the procesd will be the ley. Dont get me wrong. These will still tale time, but need to be set up for mass production
Ill work more on this this next week and start a thread.

Mark

Yea!! I will pick it up this Sunday at the Phoenix Club!!
nickg
any word on the seals or the WAS tops?
Mikey914
Working on drawings. This is not a project I can bang out like the clutch cable stops.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.