Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: Complete 2.0 FI system
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
mojorisen914
I have a complete working 2.0 FI system that I removed so I can use the dual carb setup. I did have the dizzy cap but I dropped it on the garage floor and I wouldn't trust it not to have a crack.
Everything else is good to go; just needs a little cleaning.

Price is $375 plus shipping from 66226

Prefer check/cash but will accept Paypal.

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment

Tom_T
What year & engine is this from? confused24.gif
mojorisen914
74 2.0l
Tom_T
QUOTE(mojorisen914 @ Sep 9 2009, 01:06 PM) *

74 2.0l

Thanx Rob, I think that they changed the EFI from 73 to 74 on the 2Ls, so it probably won't work as a back-up unit for my early-73 2L.
mojorisen914
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Sep 9 2009, 04:22 PM) *

QUOTE(mojorisen914 @ Sep 9 2009, 01:06 PM) *

74 2.0l

Thanx Rob, I think that they changed the EFI from 73 to 74 on the 2Ls, so it probably won't work as a back-up unit for my early-73 2L.

No problem, Tom. I'm not sure on the year change.
mojorisen914
icon_bump.gif
tat2dphreak
double check that, I think 73 and 74 are the same, and 75-6 was a slight change...
Gint
That should be correct. I recall 73 (at least early for sure) having a different MPS, ECU as well as other components possibly. Check Brad Anders site for details.

http://members.rennlist.com/pbanders/DJetParts.htm
tracks914
Why did you switch to carbs? Was the FI not working properly? Just asking, I have been stumped on some used FI parts lately.
mojorisen914
Doug,

Call me old school but I like carbs better. IMO their easier to work on (at least for me). Everything worked fine. I already had the dual carbs on hand and changed them in case there was ever a problem. Didn't want to get caught out on the road somewhere and have something go wrong.
SUNAB914
Hey Rob, welcome back!
Chris
RJMII
hey Rob;

What's the part number on the ECU? It shoud be on the sticker on the box.
mojorisen914
The Part # on the ECU has 2 numbers: 0 280 000 037 and 022 906 021E. Made by Bosch.

RJMII
That's a 73 2.0 brain. =o) It SHOULD work as a back up for Tom.

Follow the link that Gint posted, scroll down until you see this:

Tom_T
Thanx to Jim for checking that, as I've been traveling. Given the amount of other stuff I still need, dry.gif I'll pass on this for now.

I'm pretty sure that those part numbers listed above ending in E will match what is in the Porsche Parts Catalogue for the proper ECU on a `73. If my memory serves me, the MPS & some ECU circuitry changed in 74, from the 73 version.

My plan is to send my current ECU to be rebuilt by BRET/Fuel Injection Corp. in Livermoore, which you have to do thru a retailer - Pelican in this case - for $175 if I recall. The old BRET when in SoCal rebuilt mine in the early 80's & it ran fine.

Just a tip for anyone looking to get this one! smile.gif
RJMII
icon_bump.gif

I've seen this EFI setup in person, and know Rob's going to answer any question honestly. =o)

mojorisen914
icon_bump.gif

New price of $350 plus shipping....this stuff needs to go. I need the space in the garage.
SUNAB914
You need to finish the honey do list, sell the boat and get your 914 driving! HaHA
mojorisen914
QUOTE(SUNAB914 @ Sep 16 2009, 02:36 PM) *

You need to finish the honey do list, sell the boat and get your 914 driving! HaHA

I'm still working on the honey do list. The boat ain't going no where!!!! bootyshake.gif

Getting ready to un-cover the teener to take to the alignment shop.....
velum
Hi Rob!

If the whole system is still fine, I'm interested. I sent you my phone number in a PM.

Cheers!

JF
mojorisen914
QUOTE(velum @ Sep 17 2009, 06:46 PM) *

Hi Rob!

If the whole system is still fine, I'm interested. I sent you my phone number in a PM.

Cheers!

JF

JF,

I left you a voicemail on your cell with my number. Talk soon.

mojorisen914
SOLD!

Thanks, JF. beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.