Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Porscheplatz at Petit LeMans
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
naro914
Who will be bringing their 914 to Petit LeMans this year and parking in the Porscheplatz? Sept 25-26 (race is the 26th, practice, touring laps, etc is the 25th) If you say you're coming, and when, I may be able to get us to park all the 914's together...just need to know how many to keep room for... I'm kind of in charge of the Porscheplatz from PCA's standpoint this year. smile.gif
carr914
I'll be at Petit, without a Porsche, but I will have a Porscheplatz hat biggrin.gif

T.C.

Click to view attachment
rwjames
Bob,

I had planned on going, but something has come up so I'm not sure if I will make it or not. At this point, it's a possibility but I probably won't know for sure until next week.

I probably wouldn't make it up until Saturday morning if I do.

Rich
Jake Raby
Beth and I will be there from Wednesday on.. we'll be at RV spot 10A #12.. Right at the top of the concrete bleachers.

Look for the MassIVe logo on the back of the RV and we'll have a canopy set up just in front of it.

Our 996 will be wandering around the infield as well, you can't miss it. See ya'll there!
Click to view attachment
naro914
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Sep 14 2009, 03:10 PM) *

Beth and I will be there from Wednesday on.. we'll be at RV spot 10A #12.. Right at the top of the concrete bleachers.

Look for the MassIVe logo on the back of the RV and we'll have a canopy set up just in front of it.

Our 996 will be wandering around the infield as well, you can't miss it. See ya'll there!
Click to view attachment

Hey Jake,
I had guessed that was your wife Beth that emailed me about parking passes, just didn't want to assume. I'll stop over at some point. I'll be there Thursday setting up - I guess you're right across the track from where our corral is, right? Around 10a & 10b? (I'm not sure where else there are concrete bleachers) Can't miss me, I am planning to drive Huey down.
JFJ914
I'll be there Fri and Sat without the 914.
Jake Raby
Yeah, that was her... We are directly across from the Porsche Platz at the top of the bleachers...
naro914
cool, see you then.
But a 996? I thought I would never hear the day that the great Jake Raby, Mr. Aircooled Heaven himself, would drive a 996. What is the world coming to... smile.gif
Jake Raby
But a 996? I thought I would never hear the day that the great Jake Raby, Mr. Aircooled Heaven himself, would drive a 996. What is the world coming to...
But a 996? I thought I would never hear the day that the great Jake Raby, Mr. Aircooled Heaven himself, would drive a 996. What is the world coming to...

There are 600,000+ people out there who are driving a ticking time bomb that need my kind of development.

I am more of an aircooled enthusiast than ever, but as the aircooled following grows smaller every day more and more problematic M96 powered vehicles are being discovered an no one has the fixes for them- But us.

I chose the 996 for a track car because if I crash it, roll it over and catch it on fire I'll walk away laughing my ass off... If I did that with my 912 I'd be crying... Its a throw away car that I abuse hard as hell and don't give a damn about..

See ya there!
Zimms
I am going, but no Porsche. Hat only.
islabob
I'll be there all four days with my AA bodied 914.
rfuerst911sc
I'll be there on Saturday but my 914 still resides on jackstands sad.gif Not sure if I'm driving the SC or my truck. Anyway hope to catch up with you guys. beerchug.gif
naro914
OK, so far, not many 914's. But I was thinking.... how about we start making Petit a yearly 914 gathering? I know, there's tickets and parking and such, but hey, you get to watch some great racing, and if you get there on Friday, you can take parade laps.

Anyway, just a thought.... the West Coast guys seem to have all kinds of gatherings and get togethers at events, I think we should start something down here. And again, as PCA Zone 3 rep, I'm kind of in charge of the Porscheplatz at both Petit and Barber, so if you tell me, I can work on getting perferred 914 parking!!

Come on out everyone!
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(naro914 @ Sep 14 2009, 09:48 PM) *

OK, so far, not many 914's. But I was thinking.... how about we start making Petit a yearly 914 gathering? I know, there's tickets and parking and such, but hey, you get to watch some great racing, and if you get there on Friday, you can take parade laps.

Anyway, just a thought.... the West Coast guys seem to have all kinds of gatherings and get togethers at events, I think we should start something down here. And again, as PCA Zone 3 rep, I'm kind of in charge of the Porscheplatz at both Petit and Barber, so if you tell me, I can work on getting perferred 914 parking!!

Come on out everyone!

Are you bringing Huey to the MUSR?
carr914
Looks like we are going to get wet. bs.gif

T.C.
naro914
come on, it's only Monday...what are the chances the weatherman can get it right by the weekend?
Richard Casto
My brother and I will be there Thur-Sat, but no Porsche. Hope the weather forecast improves. sad.gif
JFJ914
QUOTE(carr914 @ Sep 21 2009, 08:08 PM) *

Looks like we are going to get wet. bs.gif

T.C.

It's OK TC, Porscheplatz is on high ground!
Zimms
Looks like we are going to get wet after 12 tomorrow.

914's in the platz

Click to view attachment
Zimms
Click to view attachment
Zimms
Click to view attachment
Zimms
Click to view attachment
Zimms
I also saw a nice shiny black one at a camp site on the infield just up from the tunnel and passed a Creamcycle on 85. I think it is one of the corner works. Saw it last year.

And night practice:

Click to view attachment
Zimms
Click to view attachment
Zimms
Click to view attachment
Zimms
Click to view attachment
Zimms
Click to view attachment
Zimms
The Ford GT qualified on the pole for GT2, followed by the privateer Vette. All of the top 5 are within a second and flying!

Click to view attachment
Zimms
Click to view attachment
Zimms
Click to view attachment
Zimms
Click to view attachment
Zimms
Click to view attachment
Zimms
Click to view attachment
Zimms
Click to view attachment
Zimms
Click to view attachment
Zimms
Click to view attachment
Jake Raby
Awesome pics!! Beth and I had a great time.. Thank goodness for an awesome RV spot.. we didn't even get the 911 stuck in the Porsche Platz, but watched many others get their undercarriages nice and muddy.

The rain sucked and killed a really good race.. I was really hoping they'd start racing after the rain stopped, I wanted to see McNish go like a mad man back through the field!

See ya next year..
Richard Casto
I have a bunch of photos I will post later.
Zimms
That was a wet one! I didn't think it would even start after watching the rain through the TDI Cup race.

I agree Jake - I figured once the race restarted, McNish would have the lead in about 1/2 an hour. He took the lead fast!

TDI cup:

Click to view attachment
Zimms
Click to view attachment
Zimms
Click to view attachment
Zimms
Click to view attachment
Zimms
Click to view attachment
Zimms
Click to view attachment
Zimms
Click to view attachment
Zimms
Click to view attachment
Zimms
Click to view attachment
Zimms
Click to view attachment
Zimms
Click to view attachment
Zimms
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.