Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where can I buy high quality colored ignition wires ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nsr-jamie
Hello, Just about ready to pull out the engine and I want to freshen it up with a new look. I will be scrubbing and cleaning it up and want to sand blast the engine sheet metal and paint it black and replace the old rusted bolts with new ones and new fuel lines, etc....so while I am at this I also wanted to dress up the engine a bit...I just bought a new Bosch Blue coil here in Japan and want to get some cool looking blue igntion wired to match it, but can not find here locally. I have checked some of the regular sites but only seem to find black....I did some checking on Ebay and found a cheap set but am not sure if they are worth buying and sometimes it is hard to trust some of the people selling things on ebay...anybody know where I can find a nice good quality set of ignition wires for my 72 1.7 914 in blue?? If not blue, red would be fine too, but blue is the color I love.

Also while we are at it, what about some other engine compartment dress up goodies? I live out here in Japan and I can not find anything...it would be nice to clean up the engine area a bit if possible, the rest of the car is slowly coming around. Thanks and cheers

Jamie

PS: Please post any pictures you may have too while you are at it, thanks!
zymurgist
I bought Taylor wires for my Corvette from summitracing.com. I don't know whether they ship to Japan, but I see a blue set of MSD 8mm plug wires:

Summit Racing
type47
http://www.magnecor.com/magnecor1/main.htm

web site shows blue wire
jt914-6
I don't have any pics, but I too am using MSD 8mm blue plug wires. They are a medium blue color.
ConeDodger
I have blue Magnecor on the 914 and red on the 240Z... I am not sure that they actually do anything better than stock wires but they look nice biggrin.gif
StratPlayer
I'm running a set of magnecors.

http://www.apexperformance.net/cartgenie/p...st.asp?scat=244
nsr-jamie
Hi, thanks for the links!! I will be checking them out tomorrow when I get some time. Yes, blue is the way I want to go...the wires are so old and since I am pulling the engine out I want to give it a slight make over and ordered some parts here in Japan from the VW dealer (Bosch blue coil) and a CB performance crankcase ventilation kit and my friend with his 356 and 912 collection gave me 3 feet of braided hoses which I would like to use...thank you !!!

How about those cheap ones on Ebay? Are those any good??

Cheers beerchug.gif beer3.gif beer.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.