Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: 1967 911S
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ScooterD
Can anyone post the values for early 911's from the May 2009 issue of excellence magazine? This will at least get me in the ballpark for a value.

I have possible opportunity to buy a '67 911S that has been in a garage since 1985. A spark plug fouled and the guy parked it. Since then the driveway has buckled and the garage door won't open. The car has been collecting dust and has turned into a storage compartment and a place to store empty cardboard boxes on top.

It has ~85k miles and is very original except the radio. The paint appears original, but until I get it out in the open I won't know for sure. There appears to be very little rust, under the battery is solid. The interior looks good or at least the parts I could see. He parked it without draining any fluids so I think a lot of things will have to be disassembled to get it running like the carbs, tank, fuel pump, brake calipers and master cylinder.

Any opinions on what it is worth and what I should look for would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Scott
agentblr
Excellence 67 S values= so so 18355,good 20869, and excellent is 27938. IMO these values can be way off base either high or low and of course location has alot to factor the prices. A friend sold his 67S restored to perfection for 60k about 2 years ago,the car went to the UK.
tod914
Seen some up to 90k. Sounds like a nice find. Hope you get it for a decent price.
Drums66
I agree with the other Cats........get it man!! idea.gif popcorn[1].gif
zymurgist
agree.gif I'd jump on it for the right price.
type2man
Make sure it has the 15x4 1/2's still on it $$$$$$.
ScooterD
Thanks for the excellence prices agentblr, that gives me a starting point on price.

The 4 1/2" Fuchs are there, even the spare. From what I have seen of the car wedged in its tomb, the only thing missing is the radio and he says he might actually have it in a box somewhere but it doesn't work. He is supposed to come up with a price in about a week and a half. He is on a business trip at the moment. I have been gently working on this guy for about 3 years now, I hope he comes up with an agreeable price and actually lets it go. He wasn't emotionally ready last time we talked.
Scott
914Sixer
My FIRST Porsche was a 67 911S I bought while I was in the Army in Germany in 1970 for $2200. It had all the good stuff including foglights, driving lights, wooden wheel and a outside temp guage. Irish Green. Fast ride. I will try to scan in some pictures today.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.