Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 3.2 flywheel to 901 tranny
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mdan
will the stock 3.2 flywheel work on my 901 tranny? if not, what flywheel do I need? anyone have a used one for sale? I know pelican has a parts list, but I find this forum much more informative, fyi's, do's dont's etc. etc. also, the 915 tranny should bolt up? how do I use the shift mechanism, take the one out of the 911? flip the ring and pinion gear too?

thanks,
Mike
72 2.0 going 3.2 soon.
Justinp71
The flywheel should work, you just have to call the nice guys at kennedy engineering and get there special flywheel, pressure plate and starter ring to mate the two together. And I guess you have to cut a notch in the 901 trans for the flywheel sensor. I'm sure some motronic guys will post, my background comes from mating a 3.0 and a 901.
SirAndy
I have a stock 993 flywheel (sans a few pounds) on my 3.6L and i used a kennedy stage-2 clutch and pressure plate and a ring-gear adapter to mate it all to my stock 901.

As mentioned above, i had to notch the 901 for the sensor.

Works quite well ...
driving.gif Andy
SirAndy
Here you go:

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

736conver
Heres the cut I made on the 901 for the 3.2 sensors. I called PMS for the whole clutch setup.

attachmentid=191865]
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Eddie914
I have nearly the same setup with my 3.2 engine and 901 transaxle combination.

Since the 3.2 engine in my teener uses Weber carbs, no notching of the transaxle was required.

Eddie
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.