Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Does anyone have an extra distributor collar
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
brant
my bet is that a pertronix for a Djet, or any 4 cylinder VW distributor would work
the collar or donut that goes over the distributor shaft (under the rotor) is damaged on mine

the electronic receiver on mine is good... just the collar is damaged.

did anyone burn out their pertronix and would be willing to help me get mine back on the road.

I know this isn't the right place for a classified
sorry in advance.. its a weird request and I won't be offended if its moved

brant
stugray
QUOTE(brant @ Sep 30 2009, 10:33 PM) *

my bet is that a pertronix for a Djet, or any 4 cylinder VW distributor would work
the collar or donut that goes over the distributor shaft (under the rotor) is damaged on mine

did anyone burn out their pertronix and would be willing to help me get mine back on the road.

brant

Brant,

I have a couple of what appear to be stock distributors from the stuff I showed you from the 914 purchase.

You are welcome to come have a look.

Stu
brant
QUOTE(stugray @ Sep 30 2009, 10:46 PM) *

brant

Brant,

I have a couple of what appear to be stock distributors from the stuff I showed you from the 914 purchase.

Stu

Stu,
thanks a ton for the offer
these little collars are unique to the pertronix (points replacements)
there is always a chance somebody removed your points and installed a pertronix..

but if you find a full pertronix in one of your spares, you should really keep both parts of it to use yourself.

I just need to find someone that burned one up.. I have the common failure part and need the extra that most failures throw away

hey.. you going out to the enduro this weekend with your brother?
stop by and say hi out there... about 4-5 914's will be there
(I think most of them 4cylinders)

how is the fish tank doing?

brant
Sleepin
I wish I knew you were up. Give me a call if you can. biggrin.gif
stugray
QUOTE(brant @ Sep 30 2009, 10:53 PM) *

brant

Brant,

Stu

Stu,
there is always a chance somebody removed your points and installed a pertronix..

but if you find a full pertronix in one of your spares, you should really keep both parts of it to use yourself.

I just need to find someone that burned one up.. I have the common failure part and need the extra that most failures throw away

brant

I looked at both spare distros & they are both 009s. The one in the car still has the vac advance, so no chance I have any of the pertronix.

Sorry, thought it might have been a stock part you were looking for ( got vintage on the brain )

I am planning on making the race this weekend.

I will definitely look for you.

Stu
brant
QUOTE(stugray @ Sep 30 2009, 11:16 PM) *

QUOTE(brant @ Sep 30 2009, 10:53 PM) *

brant

Brant,

Stu

Stu,

brant

I looked at both spare distros & they are both 009s. The one in the car still has the vac advance, so no chance I have any of the pertronix.

Sorry, thought it might have been a stock part you were looking for ( got vintage on the brain )

I am planning on making the race this weekend.

I will definitely look for you.

Stu

Cool... thanks for looking Stu!
definitely come by at the track this weekend!
brant
RJMII
Brant, I'll check my stash, too. I saw points in my box of parts, and not sure if it was because they got replaced or what...

but you're welcome to the parts you need if they are there. (I sure as heck won't need them! lol)
brant
QUOTE(RJMII @ Sep 30 2009, 11:41 PM) *

Brant, I'll check my stash, too. I saw points in my box of parts, and not sure if it was because they got replaced or what...

but you're welcome to the parts you need if they are there. (I sure as heck won't need them! lol)

thats very kind of you
seriously nice

when is your next trip down south going to be ?
we need to have a BBQ or something before the weather really turns

thanks sir
brant
RJMII
QUOTE(brant @ Sep 30 2009, 11:43 PM) *

QUOTE(RJMII @ Sep 30 2009, 11:41 PM) *

thats very kind of you
seriously nice

when is your next trip down south going to be ?
we need to have a BBQ or something before the weather really turns

thanks sir
brant

I'm not sure when my next trip south will be, but the part will easily make it to you if I have it.
That BBQ idea sounds nice, though. smile.gif
SUNAB914
I think I have one if you still need it.
Ferg
Come over tonight after work, I burned up a pertronix years ago, have the whole system in it's box, you can take it all...

Silly, it was right under your nose biggrin.gif

Ferg
tat2dphreak
I have 2 009s with pertronix/compfire if you want one, lmk. the one for a stock(vac advance) dizzy is different but the 009 and 050 use the same one.
brant
You guys are the best!
Thanks for the offers guys
I think I have it covered thanks to the seller!
But thanks a ton SUNAB914, and Wayne!
Ferg, I'll see you at lunch... thanks a ton

and the seller is really top notch too!
JT on this site, sells parts

Excellent customer service all the way through
and he is going to help me out by replacing the collar!
Thanks JT!

brant
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.