Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My first PCA event
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ian Stott
Was very flattered to be invited to my first PCA event, we need a 914!! was said by the committee! Went a day ahead of time to my friends cottage and took back roads, not a cloud in the sky and beautiful scenery along the Atlantic coast. Get up this morning and head for the meeting place for the "fall tour" only one other car shows up, a nice 944 turbo. So it is just the three Porsche's, my friends 2003 996 my 73 2.0 and the 88 944 Turbo, not the "more than twenty and possibly thirty" Porsche's, beautiful twisty's, hills, one lane bridges, and fabulous scenery. The rain is what kept the rest away, long story short my 914 kept up the pace just fine and ran flawlessly, lots still left to do on it but nice to know you can go for a 400 mile run like that. Thought I would share with other teener people that our cars can more than hold their own. Pics to follow when I get them.

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
type47
smilie_pokal.gif driving.gif
shoguneagle
icon_bump.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif agree.gif

I really like hearing great experiences like yours. This is part of what having a sports car is all about!!
Ian Stott
One of the neat things for me was when we were in the twisty's, and me with not great tires, the little 914 still out cornered the much more muscular cars as my wife describes them. It wasn't a contest; it was just nice to have one place on the road where a 36 year old 914 still ruled!

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
ghuff
QUOTE(Ian Stott @ Oct 4 2009, 04:58 PM) *

One of the neat things for me was when we were in the twisty's, and me with not great tires, the little 914 still out cornered the much more muscular cars as my wife describes them. It wasn't a contest; it was just nice to have one place on the road where a 36 year old 914 still ruled!

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada

I have friends with track prepard S2000's, EVO 8/9's, VW's, M3's of various generations.

My 1.8l 914 is way more fun and happy on 35 year old suspension than any of those cars. I simply can not imagine what it will be capable of with modifications and modern race tires......

Not even kidding here, the same friends think I am nuts. This chassis has a ton of potential, it is such a nice little well kept secret. Little do they know......
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.