Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> roller bearing suspension installed, thanks Brad and HPH!
jonwatts
post Mar 15 2004, 09:50 AM
Post #21

no rules, just wrong

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 141

[BLATANT_BUTT_KISSING] (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bootyshake.gif)

I had a deadline to get the suspension done on my car so that it could roll to Tony the fabricator for a custom engine mount this morning. I had HPH install Mueller's front and rear roller bearings because I didn't want to screw the pooch on this one. Brad wasn't happy with what it took to install the front bearing sleeves so HE HAD A MACHINIST MAKE HIM A SPECIAL TOOL to help with the procedure. I don't quite consider that "above and beyond" since it was necessary to get the job done.

"Above and beyond" is when Brad came over on Sunday while he was trying to enjoy something of a day off with his wife and help me install the suspension so I'd be ready for this morning. He lives like 2 hours north of me. He brought the special 4-pin tool for tightening ball-joint nuts so I wouldn't destroy mine with vice grips. He helped me get past little hurdles associated with assembling powder coated parts because the powder changes the tolerance of pieces that used to slide right on. I didn't have a dead-blow hammer so he used wood blocks and punches so he wouldn't scratch, bend, or mutilate my pretty yellow pieces. In short, he knows what he's doing when most of us just think we do; and he saved me a lot of aggravation. What does "above and beyond" cost? In this case it was a few pieces of pizza and a 12-pack of Pepsi. Brad (like a lot of us) is mostly just happy and excited to see people making progress on their cars.

I'm glad that their honesty was recently questioned because, while I always thank them for going the extra mile I rarely do it publicly.

I'll post a few pictures when the car is up on the trailer in a few hours.
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/boldblue.gif)
[/BLATANT_BUTT_KISSING]

PS - Brad I know you're reading this. Now that your ego is fully inflated can you remember to get that Fluidyne part number for me? Thanks.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
jonwatts   roller bearing suspension installed   Mar 15 2004, 09:50 AM
J P Stein   This looks like a good place to post my limited ex...   Mar 15 2004, 12:12 PM
Scott Carlberg   :ttiwwp: (for the butt-kissing) :lol:   Mar 15 2004, 02:09 PM
thesey914  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th May 2024 - 05:54 AM