Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Measurements!, Part measurements!
Mr_Chu
post Oct 4 2004, 02:14 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,584

Does anyone know the dimensions of a 914-6 motor mount? Size wise, how big the bolt sizes are and everything??

Also does anyone know the dimensions of the 914-6 sheet-metal?

I need to know the sizes and stuff... in cm would be nice.. but whatever will do! Is there a book that tells you this kind of stuff?? Well if anyone knows out there or knows of a website or something that would specify that would be great!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 7)
Mueller
post Oct 4 2004, 02:17 PM
Post #2

914 Freak!

Member No.: 87
Region Association: None

are you trying to make one?? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif)

there was a thread a few months ago on here about the bulkhead mounts, I'm 90% sure someone posted a picture of the mount and what size bolts are used....i believe JP did that and also said what size bolt he upgraded to (didn't have to, he just wanted to)
+Quote Post
Mr_Chu
post Oct 4 2004, 10:15 PM
Post #3

hah ya im trying to make one... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

I need the dimensions tho.. i tried looking at past threads but i didnt find much use..

I would save TONS of money by making the sheet metal and motor mount.. i have a buddy that does metal work.. he said he might be able to throw it together if i get the right information on it... thickness..width..lengths..thickness... pretty much the dimensions on the mount and sheet metal...

Anyone know of where i can find this info?? or know personally? Would save me tons of money!
+Quote Post
Bleyseng
post Oct 5 2004, 05:47 AM
Post #4

Aircooled Baby!

Member No.: 24
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Maybe you could buy one and then copy it. I hand carried one over to Jeroen in Holland and the Rich Johnson mount is heavy. Its also pretty trick and would be difficult to copy.

I would not cheap out on this part and buy the damn thing.

Geoff
+Quote Post
Mueller
post Oct 5 2004, 09:14 AM
Post #5

914 Freak!

1st off, let me just say that I recommend buying a Rich Johnson mount............

now, for making your own....in this thread motor mount thread, there is easliy enough information just from the pictures to make your own.....all you need to know is one or 2 "real" dimensions and start from there.....the 911 engine mount is something that you can buy dirt cheap and that part could be your "known" dimension, you then scale up or down depending on how large or small your printed copy of the pictures are.......sure it's a lot of work, but I don't think anyone is going to measure and reverse engineer a mount for you (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif)
+Quote Post
Mr_Chu
post Oct 5 2004, 04:32 PM
Post #6

well the thing is I'm kind of broke.. just a college student trying to complete a 6 conversion.

I'm just going to try to make my own...worse comes to worse, i'll just have to spend the 1K on the 914-6 sheet metal and motor mount... but I dont know when i'll come up with that kind of funds..
+Quote Post
Mueller
post Oct 5 2004, 04:39 PM
Post #7

914 Freak!

look for a thread by Root Werks, he describes doing a /6 conversion on the "cheap" side (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif)
+Quote Post
Mr_Chu
post Oct 5 2004, 08:06 PM
Post #8

Tried looking for the thread you said by Root Werks.. couldn't find it tho.. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd June 2024 - 05:50 AM