Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> dmenche BULL, split from the 914 value thread
dmenche914
post Jul 29 2007, 04:50 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 366

Good steward of planet????? yeah right, if that was the case you should remove the 914 from the road forever. Instead you sell it (for personnel gain) thus allowing that car to be driven by someone that is not a good planet steward.

maybe you should buy some of Gores carbon credits to make up for your lack of stewardship in wanting to sell your car to be used, rather than turning it into an organic compost bin. (besure to drill holes in floor so rain water can drain out, else compost will rot)

Kind of like arnold nazi shwartzni**er selling off his fleet of humvees so he could sauy he is a green driver! Now his fleet (yes fleet) of humvees that he sold are being driven by multible folks, likely totally more miles driven that if arnold had kept them (I figure arnold can only drive one at a time)

This post has been edited by McMark: Jul 30 2007, 01:27 PM
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
3 Pages V  1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 19)
JPB
post Jul 29 2007, 04:58 PM
Post #2

The Crimson Rocket smiles in your general direction.

Member No.: 5,107

So the dude is a hypocrite biotch just like me. He probably does not purchase anything that is in a plastic bag like chips or soda. His medication comes in paper bags and he has decided to no longer eat since the byproducts of this adds to the methane gases in the atmosphere. I'm just like him so stop it you! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif) OOOops, I just had a beer fart!
+Quote Post
lotus_65
post Jul 29 2007, 04:58 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 3,795
Region Association: Northstar Region

QUOTE(dmenche914 @ Jul 29 2007, 05:50 PM) *

Good steward of planet????? yeah right, if that was the case you should remove the 914 from the road forever. Instead you sell it (for personnel gain) thus allowing that car to be driven by someone that is not a good planet steward.

maybe you should buy some of Gores carbon credits to make up for your lack of stewardship in wanting to sell your car to be used, rather than turning it into an organic compost bin. (besure to drill holes in floor so rain water can drain out, else compost will rot)

Kind of like arnold nazi shwartznigger selling off his fleet of humvees so he could sauy he is a green driver! Now his fleet (yes fleet) of humvees that he sold are being driven by multible folks, likely totally more miles driven that if arnold had kept them (I figure arnold can only drive one at a time)

Ouch!

maybe you want to give the booze a break, friend. that's a lot of angst for a sunny, summer Sunday afternoon.

really... the N-BOMB?!
+Quote Post
SirAndy
post Jul 29 2007, 05:05 PM
Post #4

Resident German

Group: Admin
Member No.: 179
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(dmenche914 @ Jul 29 2007, 02:50 PM) *

Good ... for ... your ... organic compost ...

hey dave, i thought you had left this (914)world for good! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/w00t.gif)

did you piss off someone on the club site and got banned?
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) Andy
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
McMark
post Jul 29 2007, 05:50 PM
Post #5

914 Freak!

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 419
Region Association: None

Yeah, well the "arnold nazi shwartzn*****" had my hand on the ban button... and it's still hovering over the temporary ban button.
+Quote Post
Grimstead
post Jul 29 2007, 05:55 PM
Post #6

Cheaky Monkey

Member No.: 3,789
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(dmenche914 @ Jul 29 2007, 02:50 PM) *

..... ...... ...... ......

So much Hate, so little time
+Quote Post
Dr Evil
post Jul 29 2007, 05:59 PM
Post #7

Send me your transmission!

Member No.: 1,372
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(McMark @ Jul 29 2007, 07:50 PM) *

Yeah, well the "arnold nazi shwartzn*****" had my hand on the ban button... and it's still hovering over the temporary ban button.

Ask yourself, would this benefit the site? (Yes) Has this individual added anything but piss and vinegar to any conversation in our collective memories? (No)

PUSH THE BUTTON! Else, they will never learn to be sociable.
+Quote Post
JPB
post Jul 29 2007, 06:10 PM
Post #8

If society is sinfull and the rules there of corrupt, then how is social defiance considered sin. Is not our quarrel with ideas rather than men. Jihad! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif)
+Quote Post
dmenche914
post Jul 29 2007, 06:29 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 366

Maybe a good steward of the planet that thinks the car hobby is not good, ought to not trash the car hobby as being unstewardly. It is an insult to all the car hobbiests to have that posted.
I though sirandy was done with 914s for good.

At anyrate seems to be fair game to disagree with his off topic sterwardship insults to all the fine car hobbyists, many which do practice good stewardship.

to claim to want to get rid of the car for planet reasons, yet sell it to someone that will continue to keep it on the road is just palin silly. That needs to be pointed out to the owner, he will not be helping the planet any more if he or anyone else drives the car. If he is talking up his enviromentalism yet is still sellng the car to be used rather than destroyed, or permenatly parked, he is fooling himself, it aint helping the planet any, and he should reconize that.

Want folks to take your enviromental commitment seiuosly, then take seriuos action and park/scrap the car, remove it from the car hobby for anyone and all, then you truely will be making a difference.

enviormentalism is fine, as long as what you claim is helpful is realy indeed making a difference. in this case i think not. let the first person to defend this position remove their 914 permantly from the road, and drive somthing that gets better milage, else don't give the 914 car hobby folks the message that we are harming the planet, while one make money off selling his car to someone else so he can feel good about himself and his stewardship.

stewardship is fine, but practice what you preach.

My view is my car hobby has negated the need for me to buy a new car, avoiding the enviromental consiquences that go with throwing out an older car, and buying a new manufactured one. we all have trade off. One can be a good steward, and still be inthe car hobby, any one disagree with that?
+Quote Post
SirAndy
post Jul 29 2007, 06:37 PM
Post #10

Resident German

QUOTE(dmenche914 @ Jul 29 2007, 04:29 PM) *

all these years and you still haven't learned how to READ ...
never said i was "done with 914s for good". simply not true. search the old posts.

but then again, "truth" was never your strong point anyways ...
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) Andy

PS: and you didn't answer my question: the clubbers getting tired of you already? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
JPB
post Jul 29 2007, 06:55 PM
Post #11

No matter what you drive, it will have given something off into the environment in the end. The problem is that of perspective my friend. Everything we have here on earth is from the "environment" thus all we are doing is making the environment harder for us to live in. If you want to do better for us, then put a smaller engine in your 914. The damage has already been done by making your car and why destroy it and the environment any further by labeling it an environmental hazard and replacing it with another one? Cars were made to clean the environment of horse crap so in a way, we have taken a step forward by making your car. Remeber, the environment doesen't give a damn about you or your progeny. The ENVIRONMENT is MOCKING you since the earth has cycled nonlivable conditions for animals far longer than sustain any! Just a thought. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif)
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Jul 29 2007, 06:56 PM
Post #12

Apex killer!

Member No.: 3,380

QUOTE(McMark @ Jul 29 2007, 04:50 PM) *

If it counts for anything, I was offended. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)
+Quote Post
SirAndy
post Jul 29 2007, 07:03 PM
Post #13

Resident German

QUOTE(JPB @ Jul 29 2007, 04:55 PM) *

Just a thought.

man-dude (haha, that has a cool ring to it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumb3d.gif) ), he threw out the bait and you swallowed down the whole thing plus the hook in one big gulp ...

all he wants is to steer this thread into a political debate so he can spew his poison all over this place ...

just DONT go there, man-dude ...
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/bye1.gif) Andy
+Quote Post
Dr Evil
post Jul 29 2007, 07:35 PM
Post #14

QUOTE(dmenche914 @ Jul 29 2007, 08:29 PM) *

Maybe a good steward of the planet that thinks the car hobby is not good, ought to not trash the car hobby as being unstewardly. It is an insult to all the car hobbiests to have that posted.

At anyrate seems to be fair game to disagree with his off topic sterwardship insults to all the fine car hobbyists, many which do practice good stewardship.

to claim to want to get rid of the car for planet reasons, yet sell it to someone that will continue to keep it on the road is just palin silly. That needs to be pointed out to the owner, he will not be helping the planet any more if he or anyone else drives the car. If he is talking up his enviromentalism yet is still sellng the car to be used rather than destroyed, or permenatly parked, he is fooling himself, it aint helping the planet any, and he should reconize that.

Want folks to take your enviromental commitment seiuosly, then take seriuos action and park/scrap the car, remove it from the car hobby for anyone and all, then you truely will be making a difference.

enviormentalism is fine, as long as what you claim is helpful is realy indeed making a difference. in this case i think not. let the first person to defend this position remove their 914 permantly from the road, and drive somthing that gets better milage, else don't give the 914 car hobby folks the message that we are harming the planet, while one make money off selling his car to someone else so he can feel good about himself and his stewardship.

stewardship is fine, but practice what you preach.

My view is my car hobby has negated the need for me to buy a new car, avoiding the enviromental consiquences that go with throwing out an older car, and buying a new manufactured one. we all have trade off. One can be a good steward, and still be inthe car hobby, any one disagree with that?

WOW! I am actually impressed with the way you managed to put forth your point without insulting anyone directly or using derogatory language (not being sarcastic). I wish you would have done this in the beginning, but such appears not to be your style. Now that we see you have it in you, we have every right to expect you to behave yourself and play nice.

I cant fault you for hi-jacking a thread, I do it often, but I try to be a bit more diplomatic than to attack someones beliefs in their own thread.

This is not the place for a political/global discussion....
+Quote Post
Dr Evil
post Jul 29 2007, 07:39 PM
Post #15

QUOTE(JPB @ Jul 29 2007, 08:55 PM) *

No matter what you drive, it will have given something off into the environment in the end. The problem is that of perspective my friend. Everything we have here on earth is from the "environment" thus all we are doing is making the environment harder for us to live in. If you want to do better for us, then put a smaller engine in your 914. The damage has already been done by making your car and why destroy it and the environment any further by labeling it an environmental hazard and replacing it with another one? Cars were made to clean the environment of horse crap so in a way, we have taken a step forward by making your car. Remeber, the environment doesen't give a damn about you or your progeny. The ENVIRONMENT is MOCKING you since the earth has cycled nonlivable conditions for animals far longer than sustain any! Just a thought. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif)

Man, you make my head hurt most days (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

By selling his car he may be precluding someone from buying a new car (probably not) or some other POS thus recycling in a sense. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
In biology, we refer to junk cars as "artifacts". They take up space and do not degrade completely in a reasonable amount of time. The 914 would be less of an artifact as it would give in to entropy far easier than any of the new fangled SUVs or sporty cars (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)
+Quote Post
JPB
post Jul 29 2007, 07:46 PM
Post #16

I feel your pain Mike; I make my head hurt alot also. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post
McMark
post Jul 29 2007, 07:46 PM
Post #17

914 Freak!

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 419
Region Association: None

dmenche914 kicked for two days... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

We can't allow racial slurs. That behavior is unacceptable.
+Quote Post
TimT
post Jul 29 2007, 07:51 PM
Post #18

retired

Member No.: 313

The guy is a nut job, though I find it entertaining to a point.... I mean seeing many different warped world views, well.. keeps me more in touch with reality..

what a friggin nut
+Quote Post
JPB
post Jul 29 2007, 07:56 PM
Post #19

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jul 29 2007, 09:03 PM) *

QUOTE(JPB @ Jul 29 2007, 04:55 PM) *

Just a thought.

man-dude (haha, that has a cool ring to it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumb3d.gif) ), he threw out the bait and you swallowed down the whole thing plus the hook in one big gulp ...

all he wants is to steer this thread into a political debate so he can spew his poison all over this place ...

just DONT go there, man-dude ...
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/bye1.gif) Andy

I am a FOOOOL! Whoo, that felt good. FFOOOOOL Ya!

I am not an antigreen something or other. I am antienvironment cuz the environment is the enemy and it never liked us. Its the environment of the DEVIIIIL! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif)

Gwinith, I love you Gwinith! Is that how you spell Paltro's name?
+Quote Post
thomasotten
post Jul 29 2007, 08:03 PM
Post #20

Member No.: 1,349

I was reading in Hot-VW's how someone from the EU proposed that Germany put speed limits on the Autobahn. This met with a fairly angy reaction from the otherwise green Germans...

Now, back to this topic, what do we have here... is there such a thing as 914 Guilt? Getting rid of a light car, with fairly decent mpg, ... in exchange for buying say a new Prius ... with all kinds of PLASTIC parts which cometh from fossil fuels? How about just stop buying from China? Or buying anything "new". What's produced is already produced. Ever notice how saving the planet always involves buying siomething?
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd June 2024 - 11:34 AM