Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> LA Times features an electric teener, Nice car, not too many errors in the story
Cap'n Krusty
post Jul 3 2008, 12:03 PM
Post #1

Cap'n Krusty

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,246
Region Association: Central California

Here's a link. Enjoy!

http://www.latimes.com/classified/automoti...0,3144785.story

The Cap'n
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
benalishhero
post Jul 5 2008, 06:14 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 8,384
Region Association: North East States

I will never understand the time issue argument. Ya, it will take years. However tomorrow it will be years plus 1 day. Get government out of the way and lets produce some of our own energy.

BTW- electric cars do use fossil fuels.
+Quote Post
ericread
post Jul 5 2008, 10:09 PM
Post #3

The Viper Blue 914

Member No.: 8,432
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(benalishhero @ Jul 5 2008, 05:14 AM) *

BTW- electric cars do use fossil fuels.

Unless they get their electricity from Nuculear fuels, Or Solar fuels, Or Wind fuels, Or Hydroelectric fuels, Or Wave-action fuels, etc.

Fossile fuels are the easiest and most profitable for the existing energy companies to exploit, but there are plenty of other sources of electricity that have a very negligable effect on fossile fuels. At $4.00+ a gallon for gas, it may finally spur development of these resources.

The point I was trying to make on drilling is that the oil companies have hundreds of thousands of acres they have leased where they are not making any effort to place test drills. If they really wanted to exploit domestic oil, they would be drilling in these locations right now. But if higher crude oil prices create higher gasoline and diesel profit margins for the oil companies, why would they want to find a source of cheaper crude oil? Make no mistake, these are multi-national energy companies, not individuals that have any overwhelming concern for U.S (or Canadian) consumers.

Whew, I'm glad to get that off my chest... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd June 2024 - 04:20 PM